It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible, Reincarnation and the Church

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I think the Bible talks about reincarnation.

I think the Catholic Church tried to wipe out reincarnation for power.

It's really quite simple. If you tell a person if that you have the keys to their soul, this is power. If a person knows that there's life after death and they are reincarnated, then the Church cannot have power over the souls of men.

With reincarnation, the power lies with the individual. You reap what you sow.

Reincarnation actually takes away the fear of death.

With atheism, they fear death and they look for certainty in an uncertain world. With some religions, people seek comfort about death from a Pope.

Reincarnation says that life after death is a natural cycle just like ice into water. Life just goes through changes like everything else.

In the Bible it says:

I tell you the truth: Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it. For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John. And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come. He who has ears, let him hear. Matthew 11:11-15, NIV

The disciples asked him, "Why then do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?" Jesus replied, "To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things. But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands." Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist. Matthew 17:10-13, NIV

Clearly, John the Baptist was the reincarnation of Elijah.

It also says:

As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" John 9:1-2, NIV

They asked who sinned? This man or his parents. When did this man sin before he was born?

There's no power with Reincarnation for governments or religious institutions. People use death like a hammer to control the souls of men.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Hello!

I gave you a flag...its sad that more cant open their minds and ponder on such things without the fear of their soul being saved.

There were many sects in the early days of Christianity that believed in reincarnation. Its been a while sense I read up on it...but I will do again and will try to posts some points.

I feel that the OT law of reaping what you sow is valid for reincarnation.

It is said that a man who kills will be killed. That a man who kills with a sword will die by the sword.

Men have been killed for saying such is truth.

You are right about why....it is a power that enlightens each being in their own right of birth. The powers clinch the masses with the fear of death and doom.

When you really think about it....who wants to come back and re learn or reap what you sow. Its not the most pleasant thought....but at least it has purpose of spiritual growth instead of throwing the unlearned to the way side.

I believe this is the place that is the gnashing of teeth.

Hope to add more and hope more join in the convo!

Peace
LV

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
So lets just assume this could be true....we must make image of the most extreme case to weigh and sift if this could be so....and I forwarn...this is an extreme case I am going to show as example.

Look at what this Rabbi says about the Holocost...

"After all, people are upset and ask why was there a Holocaust? Woe to us, for we have sinned. Woe to us, for there is nothing we can say to justify it," he said. "It goes without saying that we believe in reincarnation," continued Yosef. "It is a reincarnation of those souls. Our teacher The Ari said that there are no new souls in our generation…all the souls were once in the world and have returned. "All those poor people in the Holocaust…we wonder why it was done. There were righteous people among them. Still, they were punished because of sins of past generations."

www.jpost.com.../JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1246443718416

Now even though this only talks of their punishment from the past...there is something that is amiss when it comes to doing the divine will. The divine will works through darkness many times to bring a light.

IF IF IF...this was the case for these souls...they were receiving a eye for an eye....then also, they would be bringing a light from a darkness.

Look at what this event taught the world about chosen people and the pride of such. How fitting is it that the ones that thought of themselves to be chosen were taken out by another who thought he was chosen.

Im not saying this is so...cause I dont want to judge hundreds of thousands of souls that I will have to stand up to one day.....but in many ways...I could understand how this could be so.

My reason for understanding such a thing in this exact situation....is because I believe in a God of unity...and I think the ideas of a chosen people and chosen land were not instructions or doings through a Divine God but instead the carnal minds of greedy men desiring Earthly things.

join