It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychology Today hit piece labels conspiracy thinking a psychotic illness

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
www.prisonplanet.com...

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I saw this and it made me angry. Of course they want to make believe anyone who believes in conspiracy is crazy! "They" don't want us to have people believing us and what we are telling them. Well if I am psychotic where is my government check??!!

[edit on 2-9-2009 by nocensorshipplease]

added live link

[edit on 2/9/09 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nocensorshipplease

"It is no measure of Health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Jiddu Krishnamurti

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Everyone on this site should get a check.

I smell a disability coming. . . . .

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Honestly, and this is not going to make me popular, the more time I spend on ATS, the more I believe they may have a good point.

Many people on here will believe almost anything, no matter how absurd or utterly devoid of logic, as long as it doesn't come from the dreaded "MSM" and as long as it gives them excuses to stay fearful and angry

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

-whisper-

who made you say that?

Type out an sos if you need help. . . .

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I read this article a few hours ago, on prisonplanet. wnated to make a post of it here, beat me to it

Well, he isnt the first to say this. but!....if we truth seekers, are being labled psychotic, for wanting to know all those lovely secrets the CIA, congress keeps fom us, from UFO's to what was said behind closed doors about us, to what their intenstions are, and how thier lying and spending OUR moneyk and giving it out too all their criminal friends...we dont have a right to know this? god forbid we acted and defended ourselves.. seeking the truth and mysterys in life is a criminal offense to this guy...guess im a schizo because i look through my telescope too at the stars..i must be a whack job, because i read or did my own research on all the lvoely money AIG got, and went and spent lots of it on personal municipal use, NOT how it was suposed to be used, stricly in buisness.
well! if thats the case, tkae me away boys, to the white padded room

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Honestly, and this is not going to make me popular, the more time I spend on ATS, the more I believe they may have a good point.

Many people on here will believe almost anything, no matter how absurd or utterly devoid of logic, as long as it doesn't come from the dreaded "MSM" and as long as it gives them excuses to stay fearful and angry

Many people who do come here, do act like that.

Site motto is Deny Ignorance not Believe.

I for one do not believe everything I read and see on TV. I sometimes leave my judgement for a later date so I may consider what is written.
Unless I openly state: "I believe everything in this." I usually dont believe a word.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Here is a link to the article written by Paul Joseph Watson for Alex Jone's Prison Planet website:

www.prisonplanet.com...

And a link to the original article, featuring a photo of Alex:

prisonplanet.com...

The Watson article, of course, heavily defends Alex and castigates the Psychology Today writer.

I personally believe Psychology Today to be little more than a mouthpiece for the New World Order and would not give anything it published any serious attention.

This article is just another attempt to invalidate the whole topic of secret agendas and to open the door to depriving vocal critics of the New World Order of their human rights. This is an old propaganda mechanism that will always be used in situations of this type.

The ideal tactic would be to find the true source of such attacks, investigate that person for criminal activity and publish any facts that can be documented. Meanwhile we must not let such attacks stop our own search for more important levels of truth.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Questioning and noticing evidence that does not fit the current set of facts may be conspiracy thinking, but it isn't a psychosis.

That being said, there are people who have disordered thinking who are CTists, and they seem very attracted to CT. This is a problem with any "fringe" group - they attract the broken.

This type of article is a type of ad hominem attack.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

From what i have seen and read in these conspiracy forums i'd agree that some of you are more "PARANOID" than a "PARANOID SCHIZOPHRENIC" so yes, you should be making an appointment with your Doctor asap.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Funny thing is that status-quo thinking is equally delusional. All thought is mirage.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Taking a brief look at the Psychology Today article I'd have to say, at a glance, that ATS moderator Skyfloating actually did a far better job of highlighting any problems that there may be in his thread, here!

Originally posted by Silenceisall
All thought is mirage.

Including thoughts of all thought being mirage! Which, I put to you, really "is" quite funny indeed!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Basically what they are saying is follow the common line, don't think for yourself, the authorities are always right, do not question the popular opinion

veritas vos liberabit

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

Exactly...now you've hit the nail on the head. Eastern gurus have being trying to bring people to that realization for a long time.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound

"It is no measure of Health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Jiddu Krishnamurti

That is one of my favorite quotes. I used that quote in a psychology paper.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I don't really buy everyone who thinks or believes in consiracies must have something wrong with them.
To me they have something right; the ablity to question and think outside of the proverbial box.
I will be the first to admit I have some problems myself that is why I am on disablity.
That does not make me "crazy" or any less of a person. One post on here ask a schizophrenic anything made me very proud to be a member of ats.
Why because people on here tend to admit what problems they face and are not afraid of judgement.
There are some more off the wall theories on here but that doesn't mean that the people who believe them have some sort of illness.
I hate it when society labels people just because they are different.
Not all people who are different have mental illnesses and vice versa.
I know some of my comments sometimes make me sound parniod but it begins as a theory in my head and I explore that theory. I have found that my theories prove to be true while others do not.
I could go on and on about this.. but I will spare everyone a long psychological examination and lectures on theories lol.

now if only i could spell! (LOL).

[edit on 4-9-2009 by dreamseeker]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Just because you question the government, and what they have been

up to for years, and the bs were fed daily, does'nt make you phychotic!

TPTB want us dumbed down, and not thinking at all!!

Thinking and questioning all, makes problems for them, keep up

the good work ATS!.....imo

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

I minored in speech, and in one section of one of the course I took, we covered propaganda. This is an example of "poisoning the wells" where a supposed "authority" (Psychology Today) discredits a person (ad hominem attack) by planting suggesting the source is unreliable.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yes...because believing everything you are told is perfectly sane

If you live in this screwed up world and can't see anything "wrong" with this picture then you are either brain dead or insane beyond repair.

"Ignore the man behind the curtain"

[edit on 4-9-2009 by BlackOps719]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The point is not that you should believe everything in the mainstream media uncritically.

The point is that you should not automatically believe in every CT that comes along, no matter how silly.

If you do, yeah I'm going to wonder if you're a little nuts

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join