It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: How to kill and prepare chickens.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
With the increase interest in survival techniques and "how to" articles and books, I decided to share this video with my fellow ATS users.

Slapstick comedy aside, this video is informative, especially for those who have always lived in the city and never had a chance to spend time on the farm or survive in the wild. I know this is to do with chickens, but the same can apply to some wild birds as well.

Learn how to kill, remove feathers, and get your chicken or wild bird ready for cooking....the easy way.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Not bad!

I have seen my grandmother do this a million times over.

Thats the way its donne folks!

S&F
(I liked the character!)
GTG

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Thanks. Never seen that done. Will save that video, you never know. . .

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

And A nice glimps of rural North West Ontario Canada at Chrsitmas Time.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Thanks. Never seen that done. Will save that video, you never know. . .

Hey, Cool. Glad you found it helpful and entertaining. I felt the same way when I saw if for the first time.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Done it a million times, I had rooster issues as a kid, hated the darn things, and yes its kinda fun, but ya don't kill the pet ones gosh even my generally callous grandfather spared then one I had as a pet. If only I could pack chickens in my B.O.B.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
Done it a million times, I had rooster issues as a kid, hated the darn things, and yes its kinda fun, but ya don't kill the pet ones gosh even my generally callous grandfather spared then one I had as a pet. If only I could pack chickens in my B.O.B.

LOL....I think he was joking about the pet. It was his daughters project to raise them for food on the farm. She fed them and took care of them....then ate them with the rest of the family. She has a dog, cat and horse as pets.
So I am told anyway.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Never tryed on domestic chikens, but on mountian chickens (Grouse)
Easy way is once you shoot them, or kill them, Put a foot on each wing, grab the legs and pull...

the head/wings, and insides will come off with the skin, you will be left with a brest with legs. Makes short work of dressing grouse.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
Never tryed on domestic chikens, but on mountian chickens (Grouse)
Easy way is once you shoot them, or kill them, Put a foot on each wing, grab the legs and pull...

the head/wings, and insides will come off with the skin, you will be left with a breast with legs. Makes short work of dressing grouse.

Yep, that's the way partridge are done too. Don't think it works on chickens, prairie chickens, pheasants, ducks, etc. though.

CX

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Thanks for the vid, very informative.

He seems a happy chappy doesn't he.

These vids are great for people that are not bought up with farms or animals like this around the home.

Thanks again.

CX.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Thanks for the vid, very informative.

He seems a happy chappy doesn't he.

These vids are great for people that are not bought up with farms or animals like this around the home.

Thanks again.

CX.

Well thank you too.

I'm hoping people understand that this type of activity has been a normal part of farm life for many centuries and still is today. I don't know how the large commercial farms/factories do it, but this is how it's done on the small family farms.

So far the input and reaction is very positive.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Hey, c'mon people....this is a funny but good informative video I posted for ya. Take a look, save it for future reference, make a comment.....but don't let this die. Lot's of ATS'ers need to see it. Ya never know when the lessons might come in handy.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

My grandmother did it all the time, but i haven't seen it done in many years. It's a little sad to see the bird die, but it sure taste good.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I hope it brought back memmories of the good ole days for ya. It did for me. I guess I should have picked a more catchy title for this thread. A lot of people won't be seeing this video.....too bad. I'll have to consider the title more carefully next time....but I don't care for misleading people to get their attention as some do.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Great Vid... thanks John Matrix.

To people who live in a city this may be a little shocking... but it is a very normal part of life. And I must say, them Chickens looked very nice

Mmmmmm Chicken

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
thanks, I am ordering chicken for dinner right now.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The great thing about this is that it also applies to wild turkey, quail, ducks geese and any other fowl you might be able catch or shoot in the wild.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
i had to star and flag this, that was a good video and very simple to understand its a shame we live in a world where people dont know how to actualy do this, they should teach kids how to do this

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
thank you OP...very worty 6 mins of my life

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: I'm more used to killing and preparing rabbits and I hope someone does a video of that process and posts it in the survival forum as well.

P.S. Small game is nice and easy food but I'd prefer to kill something big once a month and preserve it than burn thru the local small game which I would leave be for 1st 6mths to a full yr before I would add them to my menu and I wouldn't waste ammo on these trap and snare game!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join