It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester duo deny plot to copy Columbine massacre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Manchester duo deny plot to copy Columbine massacre

www.guardian.co.uk

Two teenage loners plotted a massacre at their own school to murder teachers and pupils before killing themselves on the 10th anniversary of the Columbine shootings, a court heard .

Matthew Swift, now 18, and his friend, Ross McKnight, 16, both from Denton, Greater Manchester, planned to bomb a shopping centre and then go on a killing spree at Audenshaw high school, a jury at Manchester crown court was told.

Swift was a former pupil at the school while McKnight, his friend, still attended the school in year 11.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.timesonline.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk
news.sky.com

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Interesting, i knew nothing of this case until today. Instead of planting a bomb at their school the alleged perpretrators were going to bomb the Shopping centre, Crown Point North in Manchester, where one of them worked and then move onto the school,Audenshaw, to execute the shooting of fellow pupils and teachers.

In this regard it is not a complete copycat act, as the Columbine killers planned to bomb and kill all their fellow students rather than spreading out their operation through the setting off of a diversionary bomb.

Either way this is a pretty chilling case. They had instructions and ingredients to make a bomb and talked of the killing of thousands of people.

You expect this kind of thing in America and other legally gun possesing nations generally. In the U.k there have been no large scaled killing of pupils by fellow pupils to my knowledge.

Thoughts people?

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

OK. They both sound like a sick pair of little sods. But, no guns, no ammo. ,no explosives or fuses, or timers etc. Just the anarchists cook-book (which is still available as a collectors piece) and some nasty entries in a diary. It seems to be weak ground for a prosecution.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Fang

I totally agree.

I went to this school and I'm sure I said I wanted to blow it up a few times myself

Not in a serious way though obviously, it's a good school.

Just stupid kids talk, I used to hear similar things all the time, and not just in that school either.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemicalSubstance

And yet the DPP has opted for a serious charge and a very high profile trial. All a bit odd.
I guess we'll just have to see what comes out in court.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Fang

Well they had 'materials' for a bomb and an instruction guide, so it had moved somewhat past that 'talk' stage. Obviously weapons are harder and more expenisve to come by in England than some other countries, but these two seemed at least bent on some kind of disruption.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
My best guess is that this is another "false flag" event, a failed attempt at creating a small-cale attack in Manchester by the government was foiled and they had a scapegoat at a convenient time when this girl came forward saying she felt threatened by these 2 boys. If it wasnt them then the police would have just said that gangs were planning to target leaders via car bomb assasination or something.
Theres more to it than just 2 students who are a little "grumpy" at their fellow schoolmates, I smell a stitch-up.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Manchester is the first city that will be rolling out the ID cards:

Manchester launch for ID cards

Perhaps this links in somehow? It might be used as a reason why ID cards are needed to push people into getting them so that the ID card trial goes well in Manchester before rolling out to the country. They cards are being introduced to 'protect' us remember.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemicalSubstance

Oh is it?

Anyone read or watch about those two brothers who nearly killed two innocent Kids today?

They are being sentenced later in a coupe of months.

Makes it worse they were known to the police and social services. So tell me if kids this age can resort to sickening acts towards others, what makes you think that this situation could have not gotten worse, if it was not nipped in the bud, before these two could carry out what they had written inthier socalled diaries, or what ever it was.

Answer me that.

If this was not stopped, what would you have said if they managed to carry out what they were going to do? The total opposite of what you have posted on this thread?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
And of course right now these 2 kids have been set-free with no charges after being found "not guilty" of this plot.
Its good to know that SOME judges in this land can see past the false-flags put up in the media by the government. Hopefully these 2 kids will be left alone and be allowed to get on with their lives after this frame-up.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

What a huge waste of time and money that was! What a terrible world we're living in when writing something down is now considered a crime. I'm glad the judge saw sense in this and tossed it out of court. Only took 45 minutes as well!

new topics

top topics

join