It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WalMart=trashy people????

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I honestly don't see a need for this thread. Just as a few others already stated; the MAJORITY of people shop wherever they find the best deals.

Personally, I don't buy clothes, shoes, or some of the other things there (like home decor) -- but I *DO* (and will continue) to buy groceries, household needs like soap and cleaning items from them. They have the cheapest prices around for practically the same items you find elsewhere.

And also, just to point out to the other unaware people here, they even sell Organic foods (not just processed junk) for a very small portion of the price you'd pay elsewhere..

It isn't all trash -- and the people who shop there aren't trash either.

I go wherever I get the most for my money, be it WalMart, a dollar store or the mall.

You got a great deal or sale going on? Then I'm there!!

Very well kept, self-respecting and UNtrashy,
- Mea

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
Well, this could have something to do with it.

www.redditmirror.cc...

That's the best website ever.

I saw this as directed from another site and I will admit that some of this pictures made me laugh and some made me feel sorry for the individuals. It is bad enough to be down on your luck but it is even worse to be mocked for it.

Personally I hate WalMart. I live in an middle to upper class neighborhood and it is not really the people that makes my WalMart experience an unpleasant one.

I will never understand why they build giant sized stores and then only have a handful of workers at checkout.

I don't know why the stores are so big but everything still feels so dark and crowded.

Parking is abysmal.

And the only worker you can find in the greeter.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
first off i think the problem here is

1. just because you dont have money doesnt make you trash. anyone can have a little class regardless of financial class.

2. people on this site dehumanize those that dont come here either. its the same in reverse.

i hate sounding elitist, cus im not, but a little intelligence goes a long way in my book.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas Lux Mea

The reason I started this thread was because of some of the generalizations that people were making about those that shop at WalMart on another thread. I wanted to really hear why people think that WalMart shoppers are trash, that was the word used.

I also find it humorous that King insists that I feel like a part of a trash heap.

Frankly, I find the most classless thing a person can do is judge another based upon their socio-economic place in society.

In this economy people need to do whatever it takes to get by and like so many others have commented, WM sells pretty much the same items as other retail chains, but at a far more reasonable price.

Thank you all for sharing your views on this, even those that I disagree with! Now my initial question has been answered. Judgmental people are everywhere and some forget that humans are not trash to be discarded. It would be wonderful some day when we can have respect for all humanity, even those that are very different from us.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
Obvious observation

I have shopped in WM's in the suburbs and in the city and while there may be an occasional person that is either very poor or unkempt, that is in the minority. I am really surprised that you would say that.

It is sad to see this in a place with otherwise very savvy people this is the attitude. I guess all the money bags people have to find ways of entertaining themselves. Geesh....

[edit on 9/2/2009 by redhead57]

I have worked in three different Wal-marts. The first one I worked at had customers who were of higher pay grade for the most part.

The second Wal-mart I worked in was about average. It was in a small town. It had an even mix of people variety.

The third Wal-mart I worked in I didn't encounter many customers because I worked in the back unloading the trucks. What little I saw of them they were average, every day people.

I didn't encounter many 'trashy' people in any of the stores.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by seagull

People steals all the time, even a death hooker was found in the parking lot, causing a stir in the surrounding community.

Yes, people steal from Wal-mart and many other retail stores.

What is a death hooker?

At one of the Wal-marts I worked at, a naked man was set up in a travel trailer outside. Everyone who entered the parking lot from that side had to drive right past him. I went in the store and reported him. By the time the cops got there, he had put some pants on, but someone said he'd been running around outside naked before they got there. They made him leave. That happened at the first Wal-mart I worked at where the wealthier customers shop. It was during the winter time before an ice storm.

Also, same location, I was coming back from break once and there were two naked men in my department, trying on clothes. I went over to the fitting room and paged management. The men overheard it and ran out of the store wearing nothing but socks and underwear. People were talking about that for a while. It was during the winter time and it was snowing outside.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
this is going to be a rant. yes walmart sucks but i would rather get to know any one of those so called trashy people as opposed to any polotician or hollywood actor who shops on filth avenue or rodao drive, i am an amateur photographer and most of my models started out as people i mey who shopped or worked at walmart. the peolple are generally good people but the company itself sucks

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

You wanna know why "WalMart" is evil?! (not the people, but the corp.)

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by inked up

inked up, I was being a smartass with the union fanatic.

He claims unions are good things. As a businessman, I know different.

I say that every industry unions have entrenched themselves in, they ran into the ground. Unions are about non-productivity and strong arm tactics.

So we buy, are compelled to buy - foreign large ticket items, because unions made the American workers non-competitive, jacked up the costs of American goods, and thus the smart-assed claim that I'll buy my Chinese products.

I'd like to buy American, and did for many years, but the quality started to suck, the prices were too high, and no way in hell I'm going to pay $1,500 in built-in union costs for an American vehicle.

I rather buy foreign, where they take that $1500 and put it into QUALITY.

Nor some union thugs' pockets.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
When I was a kid, WalMart didn't exist. There were other local places that offered discount groceries, while other places were bargain basement types of department stores.
It was at these places where I saw folks who were not people of means, i.e. poor people.
It was these folks that drove old worn out cars from the late forties and early fifties, that were basically rolling rusty junkers-clunkers. Usually some sort of big family sedan or station wagon, that could haul five to seven kids, and many many bags of groceries. The kids usually were poorly dressed, dirty faces, unkempt, and very commonly, bawdy acting. What we call today;"Low Life's" or "Hicks from the sticks."
The parents very often were severe looking. ( had nasty facial expressions, aged, unshaven, dirty hair, missing and bad teeth, body odor, etc. )

My mother would tell us, not to judge them or make fun of them. They just didn't have the same life style we did, and were probably poor people.
They needed to stretch their dollars worth, just as my parents were doing, even though we were not exactly poor.

The difference between then and now is, I do not ever recall seeing as many huge obese people, like you do today. Most back then were skinny...for they looked like they hadn't eaten in a while, or weren't getting enough to eat.

Generally speaking; most people who do not have a formal education, and work jobs that keep them at or just above the poverty level, are more likely to be down on their luck. Folks who are down on their luck, often times as not, appear rougher around the edges than most. Thus, they will go to any retailer who offers discount goods. I cannot say that I blame them. I like my money to stretch as far as it will go too...
(Yet, just because you may not be well off, you needn't display a bad attitude, or be a trouble maker.)

The politics of how well these discount retailers treat their employees, or compensate them is another matter entirely. Whether or not, a discount retailer denigrates or lowers the real estate values in the vicinity, is open to debate.

The bottom line is; We all want a bargain, whether you earn a hundred grand a year or ten thousand...no one wants to pay high prices.

There will always be disparity and impoverishment. The chasm between the "have's and those that have not" will only get worse, as the whole entire paradigm we take for granted, collapses and becomes more and more stressed. Eventually, wealth will be a liability, as the groveling poorer masses beat each other off for a loaf of bread...those days are soon coming!

Conspicuous consumption, or Living Large, will make you a target. It already has in many third world nations. Get ready for it here. SHTF is just around the corner.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I don't go to Walmart too often because I have a disability and can't walk too far and they never have enough electric carts. I never thought of not going there just because of the shoppers. My brother and his wife though, claim they have not been in a Walmart in 20 years because they hate to look at fat people. I used to think they were probably kidding but after reading this thread I guess not.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

i think you need to open a whole new thread about this!

omg thats terrible.

THANKS WALMART!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join