It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police dump quadriplegic from wheelchair

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Another straw on the camels back. The police actually find this incident to be funny. Its simply terrible how poorly trained and ignorant some of our police are.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618
Another straw on the camels back. The police actually find this incident to be funny. Its simply terrible how poorly trained and ignorant some of our police are.

Well now, if he would have just gotten up out of his chair when he was ordered to, I'm sure everything would have been fine. I'm so sick of quadraplegics thinking that just because they are paralyzed, they don't have to obey the orders of law enforcement.

I wonder how 'she' (the pig) would have reacted if somehow he reached up between her legs because he didn't believe it was a woman. Nope, I don't care how many come along and defend this, she's a pig. It may have on a uniform, and speak a little English, but it sure looks like a pig to me.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Policemen can be evil...It's a shame that those times everybody can be a policeman...They want the power? Go to politics!!!
They want to kick and punch people? become a fighter in professional sport!
Shame on this NON-human.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
If I could add some pedantism? I would suggest the gentleman is a paraplegic rather than a quadriplegic.

It's still a poor show, no doubt he'll be suitably compensated and get a TV deal from it.

[edit on 2/9/2009 by butch_uk]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Welcome to the REAL WORLD of corrections ladies and gentlemen.

This is only a small slice of what really goes on in our county jails, state prisons and federal facilities. The same degrading things that we scream about being done to detainees in Gitmo happen to US citizens daily in the correctional facilities in this so called moral nation of ours!

Men forced to strip naked by guards and crawl on the floor, guards beating cuffed men and women, forcing inmates to remain in mess halls full of tear gas when they were not part of the problem.

This is terrible to be sure, but this is nothing compared to much of what really goes on inside.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
What the hell is wrong with you people???

Didn't you see his turban? He's obviously a terrorist.

And those drugs in his pocket, obviously an international drug criminal.

Can't you see how big his arms are, do you know how much damage he could do with those???

This guy is a domestic terrorist, drug trafficker, rapist, scam artist who prayed on the elderly and deserved what he got!

Wait... he's a quadriplegic who was given a driving citation? Oh crap, we do live in a police state. My bad.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by king9072]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Throw them in jail now.

Arrest them, try them and send them to prison. No excuse for doing something like this.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Just a couple of questions..

1. He is using his arms so he is NOT a Quad.. Correct?

2. Is he or is he not, tapping his left foot at the very end of the video?

There may be more to this than meets the eye, although there is no excuse for the Deputies behavior...

Semper

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

There may be more to this than meets the eye, although there is no excuse for the Deputies behavior...

Semper

You make a great point. Although as you went on to mention, it is pretty much irrelevant.

The key point here is that he was claiming to be wheelchair bound, and they tested that fact by unexpectedly dropping him on his face.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

The key point here is that he was claiming to be wheelchair bound, and they tested that fact by unexpectedly dropping him on his face.

No argument there..

If she worked for me, she is immediately suspended without pay pending termination..

Semper

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

Semper

You can be a Quad and still have minimum use of your arms and legs. I knew a kid in HS that was a quad but he could still draw and move his feet a little.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
A couple of things... First, this old news and was discussed on ATS awhile ago. Next, he is a PARAPLEGIC as he obviously has full use of his arms. Finally, I have a relative who is a PARAPLEGIC with MS who is able to move her arms and legs but cannot stand or walk.

Now regardless the aforementioned, this cop is a pig, should be fired and should be charged with felony assault and battery and locked up!!! The "suspect" should file a civil suit against the police department for damages!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
Welcome to the REAL WORLD of corrections ladies and gentlemen.

This is only a small slice of what really goes on in our county jails, state prisons and federal facilities. The same degrading things that we scream about being done to detainees in Gitmo happen to US citizens daily in the correctional facilities in this so called moral nation of ours!

Men forced to strip naked by guards and crawl on the floor, guards beating cuffed men and women, forcing inmates to remain in mess halls full of tear gas when they were not part of the problem.

This is terrible to be sure, but this is nothing compared to much of what really goes on inside.

can you prove any of this, at all? and don't show me some abu ghraib pictures I want to see some prof from an American prison. or gitmo for that matter. I would like to see as you say

and I don't care the mess hall is the most dangerous part of any jail 200+ inmates and like 6-10 guards you can CS that place all day long if I'm in there and a fight breaks out. Because at the end of the day I am coming home.

as for this video it is just sick that anyone let alone a person charged with our safety would do this. I wish more people would wake up and smell what the cops are cooking.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Didnt I see this in a movie before or an old show? Cop is trying to prove the person in the wheelchair is the killer and dumps him on the floor only to behold the guy can walk. Kinda sad when police training is from the movies.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
For those questioning if this man is a quadriplegic or not.

Quadriplegia, also known as tetraplegia, is paralysis caused by illness or injury to a human that results in the partial or total loss of use of all of their limbs and torso; paraplegia is similar but does not affect the arms. The loss is usually sensory and motor, which means both sensation and control are lost.

en.wikipedia.org...

Irregardless, this pig should be fired ASAP.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
An unbelievably stupid thing to do. You would think that the arresting policeman should be aware of the camera, if not, it could explain why the other policeman is laughing, he knows it's there. They're all just as bad in as much as there was no remonstrating, (as seen) by any of them. Are they all afraid of each other...the don't interfere syndrome.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The cop was fired. The guy in the chair is a tetra, has almost no hand function, no triceps and severe muscle atrophy, but still has some biceps. With that kind of remaining function, it looks like his spinal cord was damaged around the 5th cervical vertabrae.

Dumping a guy like that from his chair can be very dangerous. Often, long term chair drivers have osteoporosis, and a fall like that can easily break major bones in the body. For tetras, that means massive specialized care in a hospital and high risks of developing secondary complications including osteomyelitis, sepsis, pressure sores, and and and. That cop is lucky all she lost ws her job and she wasn´t thrown in jail for manslaughter.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
If I were related to this man, the people that did this...I would hunt them down. That's what these cowards forget, the relatives and friends of those they assault. Some people still believe in the eye for an eye, hand for a hand, tooth for a tooth, philosophy.

new topics

top topics

join