It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daughter's ex-fiancee says Palin wanted to cover up his girlfriend's pregnancy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly

Up until a few weeks ago she was Governor of Alaska.

With high approval ratings. Yet, the MSM has spent the last 6 months doing their best to destroy her. They ignore John Edwards affair to save his campaign and refuse to take a critical look at this administration, but they'll smear and attack a FORMER governor simply because shes a prominent Republican.

Actually no. Over the last part of her term in office her approval ratings plummeted. This link www.haysresearch.com... is from may and contrasts dramatically from her previous highs -- and is quite a bit lower than the approval ratings for Lisa Murkowski, the Republican Senator from Alaska. So those pesky little facts kind of ruin your rant against the MSM conspiracy to smear Sarah Palin.

And the ratings continue to plummet. Consider this from CNN. And this is not smear or commentary but reporting poll numbers.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Americans appear to be souring on Sarah Palin, according to a new national poll. Thirty-nine percent of people questioned in a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Wednesday have a favorable opinion of the former Alaska governor and last year's Republican vice presidential nominee. That's down seven points from a poll conducted in May, and it's also nine points lower than the 48 percent who now say they now view Palin unfavorably. Forty-three percent viewed Palin negatively in May. "Most of that change has come among Republicans and conservatives," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "GOP voters still like Palin — two-thirds continue to have a favorable view of her — but she is not as wildly popular among GOPers as she was in the spring, when eight in ten Republicans had a favorable view of her."

Maybe part of that also has to do with the fact that her bailing out on her responsibilities really disappointed a lot of conservatives.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by metamagic]

[edit on 3-9-2009 by metamagic]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by metamagic

Actually no. Over the last part of her term in office her approval ratings plummeted. This link www.haysresearch.com...

Right, after months on unrelenting MSM attacks. If the media went after Democrats like that, they're approval ratings would be low too. For example, if they were to spend as much time on Charlie Wrangle, someone who is actually in power and not paying taxes.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

She was mayor of Wasilla, it just got its first Target.

I could become mayor of that town.

And it is even smaller then my little town, and no one ever has, or will ever hear of it. I could become mayor of that too if I wanted.

And then she got the christian sect to rally behind her to get her nominated for governor. Meanwhile she stepped on anyone who helped her get into her political career.

So if this is true, it wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I don't care if its true. I'm just saying the MSM is using it to distract form the people who are actually in power. I'm surprised to see so many fall for it.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Actually no. Over the last part of her term in office her approval ratings plummeted. This link www.haysresearch.com...

Right, after months on unrelenting MSM attacks. If the media went after Democrats like that, they're approval ratings would be low too. For example, if they were to spend as much time on Charlie Wrangle, someone who is actually in power and not paying taxes.

Yep, that's pretty much the right wing meme isn't it... the MSM is controlled by the left and all criticism of Republicans is unfair and undeserved. So then are you say ing that the only problem with Palin is that the MSM smeared her? Tell that to John McCain.

So.. you ever watch Fox News? And don't give me that bunk about commentators.. we are talking people like Hemmer, Cavuto and Kelly. Oh.. and they claim to be the number one voice in news.. doesn't that make them MSM? Along with the Wall Street Journal?

Please!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Ex. Gov. Palin is about the only bright star the Right wing has thus any derogatory events in her history must be deflected and minimized using these tried and true strategies.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But anyone with half a brain can spot these attempts a mile away. I guess the Right thinks we didn't read this thread or remember it.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Ex. Gov. Palin is about the only bright star the Right wing has thus any derogatory events in her history must be deflected and minimized using these tried and true strategies.

That argument cuts both ways, does it not? It would seem that the far left must also feel the need to destroy her by any means necessary due to her potential value to the opposition. It also certainly seems as if that's what they're intent on doing, facts be damned in many cases.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Gee, I wonder wen the media will take a similar interest in the peope running our government. Instead, they seek to destroy anyone who opposes them or their great leader. Then you have all the lemmings that eat it up and spew their vitriolic, unfounded hatred in these and other forums.

I also gotta laugh at all the people on these forums talking about how "stupid" she is. Yet she's been a Mayor, a Governor and a national political figure. What the ell gives you such a high mantle to wag your finger from? Oh thats right, the propaganda media that indoctrinated you.

Sarah Palin is very lucky that she is so attractive. Had she looked like Elizabeth Dole she would not be in the status of cult of personality as she is now. If she wasn't sassy and didn't have those looks and couldn't answer a direct question without rambling people would have dropped her like a hot potato.

Elizabeth Dole was far more credible a Republican candidate, had the ability to get some of the Democratic female vote, but she wasn't "hot".

If Sarah Palin looked like Hillary people would have demanded more from her. She's not unintelligent. I'd never say she was stupid. Just average. However, she chooses to be uninformed about the world and yet wants to be a world leader.

I hate this person, but...if there was a presidential debate between Anne Coulter and Sarah Palin or even Michelle Malkin, Sarah would be int he dust.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

Wait a minute. Elizabeth Dole would've been a good VP candidate? Did I miss something? I seem to remember that she lost her Senate seat in 2008 after one term in office. I wouldn't say that she's a particularly strong example here.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Perhaps she was offering to adopt the child because she felt the teenagers couldn't handle being parents. Obviously, by the way Levi has been acting, Palin would have been correct about that.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Perhaps, but wouldn't you think that being as how ex Gov. Palin claims to be such a "family values" Christian, no sex before marriage, prude; that she wanted to appear squeaky clean for the campaign.

Granted Levi may carry a grudge but I don't think he is lying about this or his other accusations.

I eagerly await her response to Mr. Levi.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join