It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oppinions on where are we going as the increase in population in the past 100 years is close to 5 Bi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hi Everyone ,

I wish I would get as many answers as possible and maybe we could explain how is this happening and where are we heading to .

I was watching Planet Earth Documentary on BBC and something just cached my eye.They were saying that in the last 100 years our population increased by 5 billion .This sounds like a lot . But when I went back in time by 100 years and I looked ..boy we are multiplying ...

Just have a look at this :

2009 Population 6,781 Billion
1909 Population 1,6 Billion
1809 Population 978 Million
1109 Population 310 Million
0 Population 200 Million
100 BCE
200 BCE
300 BCE
400 BCE
500 BCE Population 100 Million
600 BCE
700 BCE
800 BCE
900 BCE
1000 BCE Population 50 Million

Now I understand you will say well more population more reproduction much more people . I agree but still 100 years is a life span so 5 billion in 100 years compared to 5 billion in 1000 years is a big difference .

Hope there will be people that could think of this and realize where are we going . Think about in 100 years from now on ..is not that far right but how many people on this planet ? Is it feasible ?

Waiting for answers.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by lisa2012]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I hate it when poor people reproducing, that can give nothing to the child but the suffering, it's selfish and stupid imho

yes, too many people, i cant wait for reduction, just hope its easy one ? too much suffering, i hate suffering energy

Would be much better if they would just got educated somehow so stop reproducing, but probable no possible to convince them, so have to be other measurements taken. Sorry to say that, but they get what they ask for.

Ignorant people will be reduced and i dont feel sorry for them. If you arent Ignorant yop will be one of the 'survivors' anyways.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Well given that your data is completely wrong I can not provide a accurate answer

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Another victim of propaganda.

The fact is that the earth could sustain 7 billion people.

The problem, is that the way societies have been designed purposely defeats that ability in exchange for profit.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by blankduck18
Well given that your data is completely wrong I can not provide a accurate answer

If my data is completely wrong why don't you come with the perfect data. Each way you look at it you can not be so far from my data . Why don't you tell me that if I am totally wrong maybe we are 200 million people right now on planet earth and I am the only one who does not know that ????

Come on people is not about the exact number is about the BIG PICTURE ....

That is why we do not make any advancement in certain areas because of people like you ...

Give the answer and the correct data if you want to help with anything ....

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lisa2012

Originally posted by blankduck18

If my data is completely wrong why don't you come with the perfect data. Each way you look at it you can not be so far from my data . Why don't you tell me you that if i am totally wrong maybe we are 200 million right now on planet earth and I am the only one who does not know that ????
Come on people is not about the exact number is about the BIG PICTURE ....

That is why we do not make any advancement in certain areas because of people like you ...

Give the answer and the correct data if you want to help with anything ....

I'll place my bet on the fact that we don't advance in certain areas because of people like you, that swallow and perpetuate propaganda blindly without considering the contributing factors of any situation.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
no duh, thats y theres man-made diseases to do so.

+wars

[edit on 2-9-2009 by platipus]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I read some were, were it said the population would double in 50 years and there would not be enough food to feed every one. I think that we will end up killing 50% of our population way before it gets there with a Nuclear War. I hope I’m wrong but I know I’m not.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
pop control is already in effect:

Cancer
Heart Disease
Drunk Driving Accidents

you name it, we're dying from it, so relax, we'll all be extinct soon enough for you're precious "Earth" to be safe.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Yes earth can sustain more than that is true but how much more and in what conditions ,that is the question. Maybe we can be 100 billion people that does not mean it is going to be ok .

Are we advance enough as civilization to be able to sustain this numbers on planet earth ???

What are the consequences of a greater increase in the next 100 years that is my question. If you do not care to give an opinion do not post .

Why would this be propaganda ? It is a fact , it is affecting and is going to affect us in the future . Why not to discuss it ???

We discuss other minor things that will fade away in time .

We can never agree on everything but the least we can do is come together and think of our future or the future of the generations to come .

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Well, Duggars family is on the top of the issue: Duggar mother is going to become a grandma and she's going to have the F===etc. etc. 19TH CHILD!!!

You would be into schock for several minutes if you'd know how many families have over 10 children today!!!Even in Italy

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Matteo]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I have changed the Title of this thread as I can see where poeple are getting frustrated and upset.

If you want to post your opinion as to where are we heading for the future be my guest if not do not take it personally or take it on me ....

When will we learn to be good at heart I do not know .

By growing in numbers in the way we are now I do not see a great future . I am sorry .

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
no duh, thats y theres man-made diseases to do so.

+wars

[edit on 2-9-2009 by platipus]

In the last 100 years we had WW1 and WWII and other wars , lots of diseases but look at the numbers ....we still went to the roof regardless the war conditions and economical situations of the times

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by theuhstuf
pop control is already in effect:

Cancer
Heart Disease
Drunk Driving Accidents

you name it, we're dying from it, so relax, we'll all be extinct soon enough for you're precious "Earth" to be safe.

Not fast enough. Even AIDS. MRSA and the swine flu isn't enough.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by angelx666

Sorry to say that, but they get what they ask for.

Ignorant people will be reduced and i dont feel sorry for them. If you arent Ignorant yop will be one of the 'survivors' anyways.

Well, what a heartwarming post. And why are people poor, try to think about that for a moment? And who should be allowed to breed then? Just the greedy, the rich, the selfish, the smug, self centred and arrogant, those that have contempt for all around them with less? What a lovely world that will be.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
How about someone gives data on how many people earth can support?

Oh yea, there is no data because nobody knows.

With the progression of technology, combined with the inability to tell the

future, I think those that are "hoping for", and advocating a population

reduction, and saying the earth cant sustain us, are trying to act as the

earths conscience. We are of the earth, if it didn't want us here,

We wouldn't be here.

What gives you the right to

speak for a planet?

./end

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelx666

I hate it when poor people reproducing, that can give nothing to the child but the suffering, it's selfish and stupid imho

yes, too many people, i cant wait for reduction, just hope its easy one ? too much suffering, i hate suffering energy

Would be much better if they would just got educated somehow so stop reproducing, but probable no possible to convince them, so have to be other measurements taken. Sorry to say that, but they get what they ask for.

Well then you my friend will be reduced. This kind of statement is completely ignorant! Just because one is less fortunate DOESNT mean they dont have a right to live like you on such a high horse! I grew up dirt poor and on welfare with my single working mother and her 3 kids. I NEVER suffered in any way! I may not have had vacations every holiday or summer but when we did have one I looked forward to it and cherished it because I knew my mother worked her but off to get us this one vacation where so many others complain yearly about their family trips.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I do not think is about who needs to die or who needs NOT to reproduce is about a change at the very core of human kind .

If our spirituality for instance would be much greater I am sure that in the numbers that we are right now we can achieve great things and happiness for all the people on the planet and help improving in every way we can so the future does not bring misery and sadness and diseases and wars REGARDLESS of the NUMBER OF THE PLANET EARTH's POPULATION .

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about it - the population is set to shrink dramatically over the next 20 years - you just don't know it yet...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
I wouldn't worry about it - the population is set to shrink dramatically over the next 20 years - you just don't know it yet...

How come are you so sure ????

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join