It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Federal Reserve is the national Enron

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
A striking metaphor dawned on me today as I was thinking about the Federal Reserve and their persistent threats about the crashing of the economy should they be forced to make their records transparent.

The Federal Reserve situation is like the Enron situation.... only much bigger.

Remember what happened to Enron shareholders when that scandal broke? They ended up with nothing. Entire retirement funds wiped clean, life savings taken away. Now if you think about that on a national scale, where every U.S. citizen is a "shareholder" of the Federal Reserve, imagine the implications if a Fed scandal broke.

So basically, I think Bernanke, Paulson, and all these other financial clowns are right. If transparency is forced upon them, and the auditors suddenly find all kinds of illegal (or at the very least, dishonest) actions, their world will come tumbling down, and they'll pull out every support column with them, dooming us all.

I, for one, still support the efforts being made to expose the Fed for what they truly are, however I think it's important that we all understand the implications of what can, and likely will, happen if/when this stone us overturned.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Your right, but sometimes it is better to know then not to know. All we can do now is hope for the best and hope that there is not a bank run when the information comes out. Even with them saying what they said it makes me want to take my money out of the bank.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This is the way I look at it, I'd rather this go down now and not have to worry about this happening to the future generations, if the FED is brought down it will be a very good history lesson on why there should be no private central bank.

Either way its either bring the crooks down so we can fix the problem or let them continue on and just have the same problems happening over and over again.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I absolutely agree with both of you. We can't let these crimes continue or we're subjecting future generations to more corruption.

I just wanted to point out the fact that if there truly is corruption, they're probably right that it will devastate the economy once it's uncovered.

Freedom isn't free?

top topics

join