It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greece's PM calls snap election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Greece's PM Costas Karamanlis has called a snap general election, although no date has yet been set.

"I am seeking a fresh political mandate," Mr Karamanlis said on TV.

There had been speculation that the conservative prime minister would go to the polls early given the wafer-thin majority he has in parliament.

On Monday, another conservative MP quit saying he was disappointed with the government. There have also been a number of financial scandals.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I wonder if the bomb at the stock exchange had any part in this decision?
One of those...call an election or else, type deals...

Bomb explodes outside Athens stock exchange
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

He had a wafer thin majority to begin with.

All he managed by his...majority aka his mafia was:

a)To succeed in NOTHING!
b)To create NOTHING!
c)To promote NOTHING of value WHATSOEVER!
d)To play intricate propaganda on PEOPLE'S BACK and loss to the Nation.
e)To be a NOTHING and ABSENT while being the forefront of most if not ALL SCANDALS>
f)To promote his stupidity and complete INCOPETENCE!
g)To get ALL the money along with the rest of his mafia. Money that was intended for:
1) People
2) Infrastructure
3) Turism
4) Agriculture
5) NHS
6) Education
7) The army
8) Preservation
9) Pensions
10) Development

All he managed by that is dismantling of the nation.
Ohh did i mention two major fires destroyng a vast area of the countryside, people going on the streets for weeks against his scandals???

The ouink ouink is also selfish and insensitive to ever leave his possition and leave the gain. HE rather stay there and accumulate as much as possible to the last possible minute.

DID i mention that after he destroyed everything he got HUGE LOANS FROM THE INTERNATIONAL BANKING SYSTEM WITH THE EXCUSE THAT THE COUNTRY NEEDS MONEY??? OFCOURSE THE COUNTRY NEEDS MONEY.
THEY CONSUMED IT ALL AND THAT WAS IRRELEVANT OF ANY CRISIS AT ALL. ITS PRETTY RECENT TOO..... LESS THAN A FEW MONTHS.

DO YOU KNOW THE REASON HE BORROWED ALL THIS MONEY?

HIS COUNTRY ?? OF COURSE NOT!!!!
JUST TO GRAB SOME MORE WHILE HE CAN....

h) ...and plenty more, too many to list including that by tomorrow even i will be a target since freedom of speech has gotten impaired even here along with the media.....

Please spare me any potential T&C suggestions.
I am not speaking polliticaly but only a well and widely known truth that takes a bit of a mouth and malls to speak.
ATS is about denying ignorance isn't it?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Be that as it may, which I do not dispute, the only other choice is Papandreou and PASOK, and I guarantee they will do no better.

None of these people give two hoots about the country or the people.
Ok you can argue and say what politician does? But these guys are outright criminals(or should be declared as such), hypocrites, and the worst examples of traitors. You'll see what I mean by traitors if Papandreou wins the election.

There is talk that if PASOK doesn't get enough votes, they might have to form a coaolition the radical left party SYRIZA. We are in for one hell of a ride if that happens.

Nea Demokratia, PASOK, all of them, are useless incompetent crooks and none are any good for Greece or it's people.

If Papandreou wins it will just be a continuation of the same old nonsense that has been going on for decades and amplified in recent times.

What Greece needs is a break from the political dynasty families.
The Panadreous and Karamanlis' need to go.

It's too bad there is no real minor party choice.
I mean what do you have, LAOS and their right wing stuff, SYRIZA and their radical crap, and the commies?

The two major parties are a bunch of incompetent crooks, the minor parties are fanatics and radicals who probably aren't even fit to run a political party let alone a country.

join