It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nao humanoid robot gets its hands on Microsoft's Surface

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

We're no strangers to Aldebaran Robotics' little humanoid robot, Nao -- in fact, we've seen plenty of him over the years. We've also spied our fair share of Microsoft's Surface table, too -- but you know, we've definitely never seen the two together in the same room. Interacting. Sounds pretty interesting, right? It did to us too, so we popped some popcorn and sat back to enjoy a full minute's viewing bliss of these two -- and we have to say, it was well worth it. Nao demonstrates his dexterity at zooming in and out on a photograph of a tiger (which looks suspiciously exact to one we paint-by-numbered last year), and moves around a stack of various other photos, too. It's all great, impressive fun, and we have to say, the fact that Nao is spewing French makes it all the cuter, and though it's been a while since we cracked our college texts, we're fairly certain he says "Microsoft Surface is so awesome, but I'm holding out for Windows 7" at one point. Video is after the break.

Nothing more than a Microsoft ad imo, but it's not very often you see a robot using a windows operating system

Source

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Psh, I saw robots using MicroSoft operating systems everyday in the office. They were called coworkers.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
ok. one problem with this computer table. how do i ctrl shift delete?

new topics

join