It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attempted pie-ing of Stelmach earns 30 days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Attempted pie-ing of Stelmach earns 30 days

www.edmontonjournal.com

An attempt to strike Premier Ed Stelmach with a cream pie at a Calgary Stampede breakfast two years ago has led to a 30-day jail sentence for a Calgary woman.

In handing down the sentence Monday, the judge noted Lily Phan was unrepentant.

"She expresses no remorse, offers no apology," said Judge William Cummings.

Outside of court, Phan, 32, said that had she actually managed to get pie filling on Stelmach, the damage would have amounted to no more than "injured pride and a dry-cleaning bill."

"The judge is right. I'm not remorseful," Phan told reporters.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Thirty days in jail for simply trying to throw a cream pie at steddie eddies face because of his poor political decision making.

That like throwing a shoe at former president Bush which is supposed to make the person look bad.

But in this day and age I find that police state takes a different approach to that form of dissent and makes the individual responsible for the crime they commited.

But I don't see it that way, Lily Phan deserves a thumbs up for here actions.

www.edmontonjournal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9/2/2009 by Big Oil]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Phan was convicted of assaulting a police officer and assault with intent of resisting arrest.

Stelmach had been hosting the premier's Stampede breakfast on July 9, 2007, when Phan approached with a boxed, cream-filled pie in her bag.

She was able to grab a handful of filling and was making a "throwing motion" when sheriffs intervened. One officer took a pastry 'bullet' for the premier, ending up with dessert on his clothing.

I can't stop laughing!

She got convicted of assaulting the officers because they 'took the bullet' so to speak. Geez there's a good day's work if ever I saw one.......not.......

I'm now a fan of the Phan! (I can hear the groans from here at that bad pun
)

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'd love to hit Fast Eddie with more then just a pie, what a numb-head.
He's so lame, cant wait til he's out of office.

The Alberta Government is all smoke and mirrors.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Nifron

I was thinking more like a shovel of fresh manure to face ought to do it and your right about the Alberta government being smoke and mirrors. Since the recession started it's been nothing but cut backs to essential services.

Sounds like a repeat of the Klein era

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Well, in line with my comments on the shoe-throwing thread, I hereby award Lily Phan the Order of the Golden Shoes. Its sad that she missed her target, but its the effort that counts.

new topics

top topics

join