It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cap and Trade fearmongering already

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Just had a rider today that told me that he heard on the news today that the Cap and Trade bill would raise gas and electric utility bills up to $300 if you are paying $200 currently.

One would think that they would at least wait until they were done with the healthcare reforms fearmongering before we started fearmongering with Cap and Trade.

Let me be the first to say that the little old ladies on fixed incomes will freeze to death and planes will fall out of the sky...wait that was Y2K...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Bad thing of it is, they are right. With the increase in taxes on the power grid companies, your bill will go up exponentially.

So cap and trade is going to be a bad thing. Believe me. We don't need to tax the electric companies more, they will only take it out on the consumers.

But, I'm not fear mongering. Just stating opinions.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Funny, I thought everyone knew by now
Corporations DO NOT pay Taxes
They pass all state and federal tax onto consumers in price markups.
Cap-n-Trade is a scam ./end

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The problem with cap and trade is everyone says your energy bill will go up but no one says the same dollar amount.The president says it will cost you the amount of a postage stamp per day , the republicans say it will cost on average 1000 dollars a year more for you .So how much will it go up is the question.

For me its not energy bills will go up they will.If you naive enough to not believe that I have some swamp i mean prime realestate for you to buy. Its just that they aren't reading the 1200 page bill before they vote on it.There were 300 pages of add ons to the bill the night before they voted on it and some reps couldn't get a copy of the add ons to read it before they voted on it and they wouldn't give the people enough time to read it is the problem in my opinion.A second problem is the reps who are pushing this hard is invested in green stocks so i am told.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

The Government can tax my electricity company all they want. My electricity company doesn't mind at all. They pass the cost on to me and what am I going to do, go to another company when they are the only one that provides service in my area?

There is a huge difference between fear mongering and telling the truth.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Agree wholeheartedly...the fearmongering was mine.

Where is Robin Hood to save us from the oppressive taxes imposed by Prince John and the Sheriff of Nottingham?

The question is of course, why would we compound a crapped out economy in which 1 in 10 are unemployed and 1 in 5 are either underemployed or outright unemployed and no longer counted as a beneficiary.

I could of course say Healthcare and creating a greater dependence on government intrusions but is that the ultimate goal? Or are we just waiting for enough to be on the rug before it is pulled from us?

I wonder if those that feel that they are in charge realize just how little we do need them? I mean despite being left penniless and homeless on the shore of our fathers, they can not take our ability of self-determination.

If it were all gone, we would just rebuilt anew.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
fearmongering? that would imply it's not realistic...

Barack Obama: "Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket." (January 2008) www.BattleBornPAC.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Here's Obama talking about it:

If Healthcare reform passes then you'll be taxed to pay for that on top of the other taxes and then whatever is leftover will go towards paying energy costs. You'll be reduced to nothing but being a serf, working yes, but never having the ability to get ahead per se. This administration's policies are not about helping the people but keeping them down. That's my opinion of it anyway. Cap and Trade is very similiar to the Catholic Church selling indulgences. Do you think the planet is going to say "Hmm, I don't like all of these greenhouse gases, but they're paying money for it so it's all good". It's nothing but a scam and if it passes you can see your current quality of life go down even further.

new topics

top topics

join