It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would it be possible to seperate your land from state/government rule?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Say if you owned a large plot of land, you could provide what you need or what you wanted, or trade for it; would it be possible to seperate yourself from state and government? Just like how people are saying texas is going to do. Me and a friend were discussing it and think it might be possible as long as the land itself was paid off in full. We couldn't use things that are paid for by state (like public schools) but hell, if I have kids I plan to home school them now that they or being brainwashed or driven mad at the public school level. As for getting things through trade, it'd depend on particulars. Like getting water and electricity, you'd just pay the companies directly.

I'd happily go back to the days where I could tell someone "You have 5 minutes to get the hell off my property or else I'm shooting you between the eyes." and the law couldn't come after me for two reasons, one the person is on my land, and two, it aint owned by the government. True that means that I wouldn't be protected by state resources (police) but heck, I'd rather take my chances with a rifle, magnum, and bowie then people in blue.

Let me know what you think, should we be able to seperate if we wanted to? What would the effects be on us and the state/government if we do? Consequences, freedoms, and dangers of doing it?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Dont know in the states, but in my country the government owns the land underground, like 50 meters deep or something (dont know in feet sry)
so at least here, it isnt possible

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Great thread.

I actually have a small plot of land. I was wondering the same thing. Then, I thought about it. If you claimed your own nation inside the US, then they could "invade" and take it back.

Or they could just claim Eminent Domain and take your land.

Bad situation, either way. I would choose to secede and start my own little country.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Forget it, secession is illegal. Remember the US Civil War?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

The civil war was about alot more factors then just succession.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Forget it, secession is illegal. Remember the US Civil War?

Very true, so I guess I'm screwed. Ha!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

I think texas is going to be overpopulated very quickly lol

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
i've had fantasies about this. isn't that a bit like feudalism (if you have tenants who live there based on the condition they consider you lord, follow your rules, and work the land).

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
i've had fantasies about this. isn't that a bit like feudalism (if you have tenants who live there based on the condition they consider you lord, follow your rules, and work the land).

That's true, but I plan it to be like me and my family on our own self sufficiant land. More then inviting strangers so often. Or housing others. Hell I imagine the mormons would like this lol

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by furzball

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

That's true, but I plan it to be like me and my family on our own self sufficiant land. More then inviting strangers so often. Or housing others. Hell I imagine the mormons would like this lol

you would be smaller than the Vatican!

micronations have been created just like that (just a person and their family), but they're not put on the map or recognized by other countries.

join