It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart Shopper Slaps Crying Child

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Who cares if he was having a bad day. That is no excuse to take it out on a 2 year old. He assaulted a small child, there is no disipline done on his part, he struck a child that isn't his and he should face the consequences of his actions. As far as I'm concerned, a felony charge is giving it to him easy, if it were my child, I would be the one probably going to jail for a very long time. It is typical in our current society to give all pity to those that are criminals, but then make the victim look like the criminal. This thread is an example of that. Man hits two year old in a public place, then the mother and child are then made out to be the bad people, but this poor old fellow was just teaching that kid a lesson because his day was ruined by a crying 24 month old. Use some common sense people!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by itinerantseeker

We're not saying that the old man should get off free and clear, but he should only receive minor punishment because he was doing what he thought was right. We're also saying the mother was at fault for allowing the situation, both with neglecting her child, and not taking the man's warning seriously. She should be punished by some means too.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by furzball

You can't be serious, you have no idea if the man's presance was scaring the child and that caused her to cry, or if she was sick and was crying because of this. No person has any right to lay one finger on another person's child causing any kind of harm to the child no matter what their reason for doing so was.

This day and age it is difficult one for raising kids, if you spank your child on the bottom in public, you can be brought up on charges of child abuse even if you were reprimanding the child for misbehaving. So the charges this man is being brought up on are the same that a parent would be brought up on for doing the same thing to their own child.

As a parent this day you have to be careful with the dicipline you hand out to your child least you be brought up on charges, so to blame the mother for not diciplining her child is not appropriate either even if it were a tantrum.

Sure she cold have removed herself and the child to a parking lot, but you would hear complainrs from people there as well.
Should she have left the child at home? Well, if she could not get a baby sitter and she needed to get shopping done and it was the only time she was able to go, then she wouldn't leave the child home by herself, and would obviously take the child with her.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Update; he's been in jail since he smacked the kid. And I'm pretty sure he showed up to court in handcuffs.

I'm not sure what his bail is, if he has one. And I haven't heard if he has a existing criminal record.

He's lucky he didn't get beat down for what he did. Or much, much worse.

I've been trapped on an airplane listening to a crying baby. Cry me a river, grumpy.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Genfinity

Hate to think of what he would have done to the crying baby on the plane. :shk:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by furzball
We're not saying that the old man should get off free and clear, but he should only receive minor punishment because he was doing what he thought was right.

So if he'd shot the kid "because he thought he was right", then you'd be ok with that too?

:shk:

Let me break this down. A fully grown 61 year old man repeatedly slaps a two year old kid he's never seen before, in public, just because she was crying and he didn't like it.

And you think thats acceptable?

And you people keep guns, and are sitting on the worlds largest active nuclear arsenal.

Now thats scary.

:bnghd:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

That is a what if scenario and I hate answering those but here goes, a beating is entirely different then shooting. Anyone can survive a beating and overcome any truama that comes out of it unless they are so worthless as to let it affect them the rest of their lives. Shooting only solves one thing, one less screaming whining mouth to be fed. What probably will scare the wits out of ya is that I'm not one for killing innocent individuals, but if I look at the numbers, about 2/3rds of humanity should be killed off so that the remainder Could live in a more healthy world. If some of the conspiracies on this site come true then a mass percentage of the worlds population will likely die, and you no what, I'd accept that. I'll just let someone else do it since I dont like killing unless it is for purely the sake of survival.

And yes, our country can have guns, so what. Just means all the more people shooting when it comes to us being invaded or our rights stepped on. I'd much rather have a gun then nothing since it is a good survival tool. You can hunt for food, shoot attackers, etc.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
The idiot slapped a 2 year old multiple times in the face. I read all of these posts from people rambling about bratty kids and parents who don't control them. Blah Blah Blah. This was a 2 year old not a 6 year old. BIG difference in behavior and development.

2 year olds may cry for a variety of reasons. Some 2 year olds may not be able to verbalize yet and cry out of frustration. I am a parent to 3 year old twins with a speech delay. I have witnessed this behavior first hand. It is not a tantrum. 2 year olds often get the painful 2 year molars. Painful ear aches. The kid could just be tired and ready for a nap. Toddlers have good days and bad days. Good hours and bad hours. Their brains are evolving at a very rapid rate. They experience new emotions that they have never felt before.

Everyone likes to play armchair parent when it is someone else's child. These same armchair parents usually don't have kids or have older kids and can't remember what goes on in the mind of a toddler. To you armchair parents BUTT OUT or offer to help. You don't know the circumstances involved in the behavior of the child.

To the funny looking fella that slapped a 2 year old. If you slapped one of my children, your face would look much worse than it does now. If of course you are still alive to look at your own mug in the mirror.

Yes, a 2-year old is just an older baby. If I had to leave a store every time my youngin fussed at that age, I'd never got any shopping done. She was constantly moody.

Children are little people to be taught, not controlled.

Even so, as she got older if she acted up I would take her to the bathroom and spank her. She got so when she acted up I would ask her if she needed a trip to the bathroom and she shaped up. But you cannot do that with a two year old.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Woah there, Nef... Easy does it...

Very few of us think it's ok...I sure as hell don't. Dude would have been in serious jeopardy had it been my kid...

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Woah there, Nef... Easy does it...

Very few of us think it's ok...I sure as hell don't. Dude would have been in serious jeopardy had it been my kid...

I know

Its just a certain mindset that scares me - it should scare us all really - I do admit I overgeneralised a bit there and for that I apologise

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by furzball

That is a what if scenario and I hate answering those but here goes, a beating is entirely different then shooting. Anyone can survive a beating and overcome any truama that comes out of it unless they are so worthless as to let it affect them the rest of their lives.

I don't know if you have kids or not, but to me slapping a toddler like that is a pretty dangerous move. Children are a lot more fragile than you might think, with their bones developing there are higher risks of severe injury. One slap a little too forceful could permanently injure a child, and possibly be fatal.

If it were my son or daughter you guys would be watching me on TV right now.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
First off, no one goes to Wal-Mart looking for peace and quiet. Go to a library if you want that.
Second of all, there isn't a first amendment right that everyone has to comply to make the sound coming into your ears comfortable.

We all have to deal with noise we don't like. Trains, traffic, planes, my coworker who coughs all day long. And the girl who won't stop complaining.

Children cry. And sometimes there is nothing that can be done about it. And a harried parent strapped for time needs to grab that milk or loaf of bread and get out, crying child or not.

And I have had a crying child in a store because they were sick and I am trying to get them advil.

You want peace and quite, go to the park. Not the store.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
It is so rude and horrible ,slapping a kid?It is really a shame for an adult,he deserved it that being charged.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

edit on 11-9-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Oh yes, the land where parents are sued and children taken away from them because they discipline their kids. Then someone else steps in and tries to help with the discipline, and they are taken to prison instead. No wonder the amount of spoiled brats have exploded lately.

Don't get me wrong, physically injuring anyone is ofc wrong.

edit on 2010-9-12 by above because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join