It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart Shopper Slaps Crying Child

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Hey, I'm sure you can find a scum-bag lawyer SOMEWHERE that will help you get this turned into actual legislation.
Be proud of yourself for tearing the fabric of our nation just a little more.

We legislate EVERYTHING anymore.
How about people just practice a little damned restraint?
Huh? How about this. We don't strike two year olds for crying?

link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Aggie Man
1 is sufficient. And in America we don't have to register at a pharmacy...only have to take/or have called in the Rx to that pharmacy.

So you are saying that to prevent your discomfort the mother should go to an unfamiliar pharmacy where the child might die because they don't know what other meds she's on? :shk:

Yes! Just because the parent is bound to the child and must deal with it doesn't mean that the parent has the right to inflict it upon the general public.

And here in the USA medicine is regulated. I get the same penicillin from Pharmacy "A" that I get at Pharmacy "B".

Now I get the impression that you all think I am condoning what this guy did. I AM NOT. what I am doing is condemning the parent for making her personal problem a public one.

link   
I'll tell you something. That guy wouldn't be slapping my child. Because my kid never would act that way in public. I taught my child manners and respect and etiquette. Something really lacking in todays world. Also if my kid ever did start making unruly noise I would leave the public place we are in. There's no reason to drag a kid through a store while they are crying. Also I just get the biggest question mark over my head when I see a kid bawling their eyes out and their parent says "STOP crying!" and then HITS them. Um....hitting causes pain, which in turn will make a kid cry MORE! If only people used their brains every now and again....the world just might make it another 100 years...

link   
Child and family hate as a cultural virtue.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Potential interactions with a patient's current medications must be considered any time a new drug is prescribed. Even common interactions, however, often are not anticipated by physicians.

Drug interactions are extremely common, but because they are often not suspected, their effects just as often go unnoticed. The challenge for physicians is to recognize those interactions that are clinically important from among the thousands of less important ones.

Public awareness and an interest in medical malpractice have been heightened by a recent report by the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences indicating that an estimated 44,000 to 98,000 deaths caused by medical errors occur annually in hospitals in the United States. In fact, drug interaction errors and severe adverse effects of medication are the most common causes of iatrogenic illness. Drug-related morbidity and mortality have recently been estimated to cost more than $130 billion annually in the United States.

www.emedmag.com...

Sorry but I put the child's welfare before a little discomfort that I can avoid by going over to hardware.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

If someone had done that to my neice's or nephew's when they were that age, or any age for that matter... The beatdown would have commenced immediately. Oh, no, no, no... He had no right whatsoever to do anything like that. Threaten a child? Had that been Daddy, instead of Mommy? I venture to guess Braveheart wouldn't have been quite so cavalier...

Hopefully he gets everything the law is allowed to toss at him... Bully.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
If ever there were a candidate for a pedophile/chld rapist, this guy fits the bill.
CPS needs to investigate all children this man is related to and find out if "Uncle Angry" has had his way with them.
Seriously, if this is what he does in public, just think of what he'd be capable of in private.
*pukes*

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It would be nice if people would cut back on the moral one-upsmanship also.
Once again, you people have no idea why the child was crying.
You cannot honestly say that your child wouldn't have done the same thing in similar circumstances.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
BTW... nobody knows what the mother was shopping for so this speculation is off topic IMO.

[edit on 2 Sep 09 by Gools]

It's all speculation Gools. There are those pushing that this is a poor mother. Is that also not speculation?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

I was thinking the very same thing. I can tell you now, I , or my husband, would of taught that man what anger really is.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
In case people missed my post on the bottom of the last page of this fast moving (and somewhat heated) thread I'll repeat it here:

Stick to the topic and stop going after the poster.

We're all entitled to our opinions without being personally attacked for them.

BTW... nobody knows what the mother was shopping for so this speculation is off topic IMO.

Originally posted by intrepid

It's all speculation Gools. There are those pushing that this is a poor mother. Is that also not speculation?

Don't drag me into this buddy!!

[edit on 2 Sep 09 by Gools]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

jay, from reading some of your posts, had you been in my household, you'd likely have drowned.

Don't tell me that children of any age can't behave, in spite of earaches, or sickness. Discipline isn't cruel, nor does it restrict their freedom or happiness.

Children behave pretty much as they've been taught. Yes, they'll spontaneously cry, but you get down in their ear and talk to them, assure them of what they're fixing to get at home if they don't shut up, and they'll generally come around.

Of course, they have to BELIEVE you.

Which take a track record of doing precisely what you promise.

I've heard a parent threaten, and threaten, and threaten till the sun goes down, but not meet one, single threat. Hell, even a two-year-old can spot a pushover.

Folks think that discipline and the spanking crap is an ongoing thing. Nope. You do it when they're young, keep your promises, be fair, and it saves you YEARS of spankings.

Because they KNOW you mean what you say.

It's good for you, it's good for the children, and it's good for society.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

You act like the kid got punch in the face and taken away to the hospital. I'm not saying this guy couldn't have kept his cool and just when on with his life without violence, but he grew up in a day in age when people took responsibility for their kids, the kid's MOM was threatened, then she got shut up. How it used to go, I wish it was still that way. Kids should walk around in fear from being slapped by anyone/everyone for stepping out of line.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I understand what you mean about following through with your threats. It is something I go at odds with my wife about often.
And generally speaking, my children are pretty well behaved.

But, to a two year old who has a very hard time articulating thoughts, a stomach ache can turn into what people would consider a tantrum. This is just a fact.

Thankfully I have never had to deal with public scenes like this. I have been lucky in this regard.

I'm a strong swimmer, btw.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

Any place in public is no place for noisy screaming kids. Not Kmart, not wal-mart, no where is it appropriate.

link   

Originally posted by theuhstuf
reply to post by seagull

You act like the kid got punch in the face and taken away to the hospital. I'm not saying this guy couldn't have kept his cool and just when on with his life without violence, but he grew up in a day in age when people took responsibility for their kids, the kid's MOM was threatened, then she got shut up. How it used to go, I wish it was still that way. Kids should walk around in fear from being slapped by anyone/everyone for stepping out of line.

When was this mythical time? When children were without parents for 10 hours of the day, while they were kicked out at dawn to some back when the sun went down?

This mythical age of child perfection never existed outside of a few select families that paid servants to attend their children solely, and they never left their house.

Goldern Era fantasies never fail to amuse.

link   
I don't care how big of a nuisance the child is being, there is no possible reasoning to justify physically disciplining someone's child.

My wife and I personally do not believe in any physical discipline, and if someone else took upon themselves to do that I would go ape #!
I was beaten by my drunk of a father pretty severely as a child, and that cause me to have some bad rage issues growing up, which I do not want my children to grow up with. That man would not have walked away from that.

The people saying this guys action were in any way excusable were obviously not physically abused as children.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by KnoxMSP]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

back when kids were getting whooped in schools?
never know about that? never heard the stories from your parents about how they were punished? my mom was forced to kneel on bottle caps.

link   
No where is appropriate for adults who hate families.

They annoy and I have a right to not be judged for my parenting and annoyed by the grumpy prissy views of those who cannot use their feet and their personal self-control.

Actually, I'm annoyed by their posting. I think it is pollution on my screen. Rather than me closing my browser, I DEMAND that you remove yourselves and never speak of it it again. It is my right to not be disturbed by your anti-child rheotoic.

link   
I don't know about this guy's motivation for slapping the child, he hasn't spoken on the matter but from the attitudes I've seen here everyone is more concerned about their rights. Screw everyone elses. THAT is what's wrong in America, "I'm for #1. To hell with everyone else." Empathy is a scare commodity today. :shk:

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join