It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart Shopper Slaps Crying Child

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Did the child stop crying after the guy walloped him upside the head?

The guy was wrong, but the parents are wrong also. They were probably more upset that a guy had told them to shut their kid up, then they were of the kid actually crying.

That was probably the first time a grown up has struck him. Stick him in jail for a week, but making this a felony going over board.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

The age of two is a little too young to expect your child to behave like a Saint.
As has been said in here a few times already, was the child sick? Was the child cutting molars?

I guarantee you that your children weren't Stepford Kids while they were cutting their first molars. Or while they had an inner-ear infection. And if you think that busting a kid's chops while he has an inner-ear infection is an example of good parenting then thank heavens I wasn't raised under your influence.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Ever heard of a drive through pharmacy? Just sayin'

Actually no I haven't. As each script take 15 minutes I don't think it's a viable enterprise. We're not ordering burgers here.

Oh, I see you are in Canada. Perhaps you do not have them. But in the US, the Dr. can call in the Rx and you can pick it up at the drive through window at almost any pharmacy. The wait isn't that long.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder

If it bothers me too much, I will leave...period..

You shouldn't have to leave though. The parent with the noisy child should be the one to leave. Your right to a pollution free environment is being infringed upon.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

And would they have one of those in a town of 7100 people? It's 12 miles to get into Atlanta.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

And would they have one of those in a town of 7100 people? It's 12 miles to get into Atlanta.

11 Pharmacies in Stone Mountain, GA. And most of them have a drive thru.

SOURCE: www.ucomparehealthcare.com...

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

No, I Googled it as well. There is only 1 pharmacy that has a drive through in Stone Mountain. Is the mother registered at that one? Most people get their drugs at the same place all the time. Their meds are screened so that a doctor doesn't inadvertently slip up. Part of the service.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

lol. He reminds me of the slap happy guy from south park, who kept slapping his kid cause he didn't want to dance and sing. The guy obviously needs a good beating....lol. then when he cries, we could slap him.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
Ok, my $.02.

Walmart, a noisy low budget store IS an appropriate place for a noisy child. Its a regular daily activity public property place, no reason for silence, or for people to be concentrating or anything like that. So theres wailing kids at walmart? I expect this anytime i go to places like walmart, kmart, the grocery, etc. Get over it.

On the other hand....Movies, nice restaurants.....NOT appropriate places for unruly noisy children. These places i find it the height of rudeness for parents to drag noisy wailing brats they cant control to disrupt a nice evening out that other people have PAID for and are looking for a certain type of atmosphere. You KNOW if your kids are the right fit for places like this, or if your parenting skills are good enough to maintain the atmosphere that people go to these places for. If its not, or if your not, then DONT GO THERE!!

Our societies have gotten to the point that children being children outside of their home or school is unacceptable.

The definition of "nice restaurant" now includes a trip to Denny's for breakfast.

We are officially the anti-family cultures. Where children aren't welcome, old people can and do encourage beating of children, and children are considered forces of pollution in the prissy lives of our prissy populaces.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

No, I Googled it as well. There is only 1 pharmacy that has a drive through in Stone Mountain. Is the mother registered at that one? Most people get their drugs at the same place all the time. Their meds are screened so that a doctor doesn't inadvertently slip up. Part of the service.

1 is sufficient. And in America we don't have to register at a pharmacy...only have to take/or have called in the Rx to that pharmacy.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hey, LETS MAKE IT A LAW!!!!
That will clear it up, right?

Jesus Christ! Listen to yourselves.
"Oh my Gawd, that poor abusive man struck a child. We need Big Brother to step in and legislate to that parent how to properly raise that child so senior citizens won't face assault charges any longer."

This thread is a disgusting display of sheer ignorance.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Good lord!

I'd be the one with a felony charge if anyone touched my daughter. I know I would not be able to control myself. Though I doubt anyone would even try it seeing as I'm 6'2", 245lbs, lol.

link   
The variety of opinions regarding this story are amazing really. We have no clue what the baby was doing or why so most of the comments are pure supposition.

I raised 4 kids and this was something that I never, EVER put up with. Each one of my kids pulled that crap on me around age 2, and it was the only time they did. You take the child out of the store and if needed apply a spanking to their bottom and give them a chance to cool off. If it is a tantrum that the kid can't pull back from you take them out of the store and let them work it out. I have always thought it was extremely rude to allow kids to make a huge lingering scene.

That being said, that SOB would have known immediately if he dreamed of putting a hand on my child what I would have done to his behind. I don't care what the consequences would have been, I would have picked up the nearest thing and tried to knock his freaking head off!

It is sad that ANYONE on a site like ATS where 'DENY IGNORANCE' is the motto would say this abusive and violent man was in the right. I do however agree that the mother should have physically defended her baby. I am 52 years old with rods and screws in my back and use a cane...if anyone dared do that to one of my grandchildren when I had them out, it would be all over for one of us. and I don't mean me!

link   
haha good I personally hate kids.

I don't think this guy should get a felony for this, but he really should have just slapped up the mother instead.

(I'll probably get more attention drawn to me from this post than any of my others, but that's the sad state of this world.)

link   

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
1 is sufficient. And in America we don't have to register at a pharmacy...only have to take/or have called in the Rx to that pharmacy.

So you are saying that to prevent your discomfort the mother should go to an unfamiliar pharmacy where the child might die because they don't know what other meds she's on? :shk:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
As much as I'll probably get bad karma and hate points from the community, I have to say I don't blame him entirely. True depending on how hard he slapped the child I'd say he should get in trouble, but just leaving red marks means he did a close slap that wouldn't hurt the neck or bones of the child, it just shocked the child into shutting up. The child was most likely crying for attention from it's mother and she didn't provide it. I've seen so much of this in stores (can you say walmart with the crud end people of our society). Really, it's the parents fault for not providing attention to the child and letting it do things without punishment for what would be seen as a public nuisence. So true, maybe the man shouldn't have slapped the child, although I'd perfer some sense be slapped upside the mother's head. He should only recieve minimal charges if any. Takes two to tango in this story, the mother and the guy. Not that we can slap anything on the mother except child negligence and endangerment. She could have tried to quiet the child herself, gone far enough away from the guy to stop annoying him, or left the store.

This is why I hate our society. Kids are spoiled and pampered, and so are parents. I'd be getting into a huger issue then the story of this thread if I continued.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Stick to the topic and stop going after the poster.

We're all entitled to our opinions without being personally attacked for them.

BTW... nobody knows what the mother was shopping for so this speculation is off topic IMO.

[edit on 2 Sep 09 by Gools]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join