It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN posted a video of a suspected chupacabra

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I was on CNN reading some news stories today and came across this video of an alleged chupacabra. It looks to me like its a coyote with mange but I found it interesting anyway. I wanted to see what the fellow ATSers thought of it.

www.cnn.com...#/video/offbeat/2009/09/01/roldan.chupacabra.KSAT

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Well, if it was the featured vid they moved it down... you've got to scroll to the "Look at this!" segment; starts out with a dead something and then moves on to the lil' fu fu dog that found it's way home right?

Anyway, looks like the partially decomposed and possibly mange-ridden corpse of a small coyote to be honest... nice find though! The canine teeth are a little strange looking, but I may be reading too much into that.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Here are some images to compare it to.

Coyote front view.

Coyote side view.

Coyote bearing teeth.

Coyote with Mange

Peruvian Hairless Dog

Same species, little more hair.

Napping Peruvian Hairless.

Hope this helps!

[edit on 2-9-2009 by DaMod]

[edit on 2-9-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Chupacabra's need to be broken up into different catogories or something. When I think of Chupacabra's I think of the original accounts of a creature walking on two legs, with a spiny back. First accounts in Puerto Rico. And Puerto Rico has a long history of strange sighting overall (just search ATS).

These four legged canines that have been labeled Chupacabra's by the media, often found in the South West US, are nothing more than a hybrid or a canine sub-species.

Does anyone actually know what is the definition of a Chupacabra is? Is it a 4 legged canine or is it a small biped type of animal?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I think this is from the vid.. its not very impressive..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a206f28a0dea.jpg[/atsimg]

Source

[edit on 2-9-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Before the video gets lost like a needle in a haystack, here's the link to the FLV file.

KSAT_576x324.flv

Maybe someone can upload and embed.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Thanks for that Alxandro , i read about this yesterday so ive been waiting to see the video

Its certainly an ugly looking critter. Im not sure its the infamous ' Goat sucker' though.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thanks for the leg work guys.

It is appreciated. The peruvian hairless dogs are a odd looking thing. Is that their natural look? They look mangy.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by born-indigo

Yup, except some are completely hairless, and some as you can see are not.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Thank you for all the posts. Could you please add them to the exsiting thread here.

Thanks.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join