It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Better Know a Czar - Official Gov PDF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This just popped up on my radar.

In a nutshell it tells you who the Czar's are, what they do, some salaries and discusses how many more Czars there could be. Funny thing is this is on a government website.

excerpt

History of American Czars:

• George W. Bush - Reports of 14 Czars over 8 years (or 96 months)
  • Ronald Reagan - Reports of 3 Czars over 8 years (or 96 month)
  • Obama - Reports of 34 Czars over ½ year (or 6 months)

At this rate, we will have:
272 czars in Obama’s fist term (48 months)
544 czars if he lasts two terms (96 months)

kingston.house.gov...

Why are they calling them Czar's? I still don't get the point of using that term.

Czar or Tzar, is a Slavic term with Bulgarian origins used to designate certain monarchs. The first ruler to adopt the title tsar was Simeon I of Bulgaria.

Originally, the title Czar (derived from Caesar) meant Emperor in the European medieval sense of the term, that is, a ruler who claims the same rank as a Roman emperor, with the approval of another emperor or a supreme ecclesiastical official (the Pope or the Ecumenical Patriarch).

Occasionally, the word could be used to designate other, non-Christian, supreme rulers. In Russia and Bulgaria the imperial connotations of the term were blurred with time and, by the 19th century, it had come to be viewed as an equivalent of King.

en.wikipedia.org...

So these people are now rulers? Not bosses or employees but rulers?

I don't know what's going on anymore.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Good find, Warren.

I always wondered why they would have chosen some phrase that brings to mind visions of revolt. I'm probably way off, but I think of the Bolshevik's when I think of Czars.

I had no idea we were up to 34 of them. I know Obama didn't invent them, but he sure is using that tool now, ain't he?

Perhaps we should just replace congress and the senate with czars. That would be a way to get things done a lot faster. That's what it's all about, right? More bang for the buck?

sheesh.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Is this a new Bolshevik Revolution building?

Wall Street & the Bolshevik Revolution

I never agreed with them using the term czar[/i as it is too close to tsar for my liking.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Found a PDF via a google search

Will have to read this

thanks for the heads up

[edit on 2-9-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This is on a member of the House of Representatives website and it seems to be completely legit. See? Although I don't know about this rep, in general, the closer politicians are to their constituents, the more likely they are to provide information to the public. In this case, it's probably not approved by the White House, don't you think?

new topics

top topics

join