It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama White House Has Secret Plan To Harvest Personal Data From Social Networking Websites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
source: nlpc.org...

NLPC has uncovered a plan by the White House New Media operation to hire a technology vendor to conduct a massive, secret effort to harvest personal information on millions of Americans from social networking websites.

The information to be captured includes comments, tag lines, emails, audio, and video. The targeted sites include Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, YouTube, Flickr and others – any space where the White House “maintains a presence.”

Hope and change.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

I would like to respond to this by saying;

How wonderful I think Obama is. He is so dreamy -sigh- and that thing with the healthcare? Spot on! He's my new BFF on Facebook!

I hope cap and trade passes. I hope he gets to spend fifty years in the White House!

My hero!

Can I list my account and routing number here? Just so if he needs more money, I just want to do my patriotic part!

-joy-

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

This was no secret since the plan has been that all along.

IBM and the Holocaust: The Strategic Alliance Between Nazi Germany and America's Most Powerful Corporation

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c9c27969530.jpg[/atsimg]

Information databases have been around since before th Nazi's.

The White House on Facebook : Care To Share Directly With Obama?

Before any Obama supporters start saying I am calling Obama a Nazi, I am not.

I am however saying that information databases are evil and vile.

Is that not ironic that evil and vile have the same letters?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Really, how hard would it be to data mine social networking sites anyway. This isn't too hard to imagine.

The old saying is true. If you don't want everyone to know it, don't post it on the web.

Does anyone remember that PSA several years ago where some girl is shocked to see a picture of herself on a school bulletin board, no matter how many times she tried to take the picture down, it was back up the next time she passed the board. Final scene was a janitor taking the picture.

The only person to blame for your information to be leaked out to people you don't want it leaked out to is yourself.

Least the Admins here warn you each and every time you post.

[color=gold]Please do not post your own personal information. You should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit here can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit, and may remove it at our discretion.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Well, it's not a secret anymore.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Barack Obama is following me on Twitter, and I'm following him back.

Seriously, folks, I think it's some rather low-level staffer who checks the Twitter updates, if anyone at all does.

Obama uses the social media to great effect. He's the first president who has done so, and I think he's pretty smart.

Updates from Obama mostly include the president's take on bills he's trying to pass, information about meetings in my area, etc.

If you don't care to hear the White House propaganda you don't have to follow.

And I'm almost positive Obama doesn't follow anyone who doesn't follow him first.

top topics

join