It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya up next?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Great. Libya will be able to reach the whole europe mainland. I bet that, when Chirac and Schroeder, will understand that Paris & Berlin ( also Brussels, who's the so-called european capitol ) are both threatened by Libyan missiles, they'll cry for the US help.

Because I don't think that Libya will threatening his arabs neighboors. But Europe will do a good target !

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 10:28 AM
link   
How bad can Libya be, they are after all chairing the UN Human Rights commission. What a joke the U.N. is proving itself to be by doing things like, imho.

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
How bad can Libya be, they are after all chairing the UN Human Rights commission. What a joke the U.N. is proving itself to be by doing things like, imho.

Another good reason for me to don't believe anymore in the UN ! I wonder what's their next move. Giving to the " Great Leader " the peace Nobel price probably....

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
here's what's next UP: Iraq will be chairing a disarmament conference in Geneva this Spring (because Iran stepped down)

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   
i mean, is there any nation yall don't wanna war with?

goodness, this is getting ill.

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Na we only want to take care of the countries believed to be a threat to world peace and stability. Mainly though to protect ourselves. Terrorists killed a few thousand American civilians not long ago, not to go after anyone with the potential to do it again would be ridiculous.

I'm sick of the world spitting in our eye and disrespecting us at every turn. I say we get out of the UN and just worry about ourselves and only get involved internationally when it serves our interests. And when those countries who spit in our eye ask for help, don't help them.

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
i thought Iran was next?? i'm confused, but to reiterate what has been said how cud they head the human rights commission like honestly what was Koffia Annan smoking, i've heard of the US's un-paid dues to the UN, and i say KEEP IT THAT WAY DON'T GIVE THOSE UNGRATEFUL B*****DS A NICKEL

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
i mean, is there any nation yall don't wanna war with?

goodness, this is getting ill.

I understand you Saphronia. But nation like Irak, Iran, Libya or North-Korea aren't " normal " nation.

The Soviet Union had many nukes who were targeting us ( and the Russia still have many ), but it wasn't in their goals to nuke us all. You know this game, it's the M.A.D game ( Mutual Assured Destruction ).

But with nation like Irak, Iran, N-K..etc.., the game is different. If they can attack you with "just" 3 or 4 nukes, they will probably do it. They don't mind ( care ? ) of a possible retaliation. You are not dealing with peoples who think like NATO is thinking or former Warsaw Pact was thinking.

Nation like the USA, the Former Soviet Union, Great-Britain, France and China knows all the M.A.D game rule, and they respect it. Rogue nation don't respect it, and they will use their nukes if they don't have what they want to have.

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
north korea is definately bigger threat than libya after iraq and maybe iran. don't see iran because they don't actually have the nukes. n. korea will probably try to creat enough nukes and launch them in the
tai-po-dong 2 or whatever it was called before we decide they're a nondiplomatic solution. i'm thankful that i live on the east coast, in upstate new york, i'll just sneak into canada. but until this iraq thing is over you can never tell. most people i've talked to have a bad feeling on iraq as if something large will spring up from it. n. korea probably has a hidden agenda such as reconquering the rest of the korean peninsula, s. korea for the unwise.

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hey, one terrorist harborer at a time...sheesh! Libya will get her turn too... Personally though, I doubt that will require force to accomplish...

top topics

join