It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia avoids recession

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Australia avoids recession

www.news.com.au

THE latest national accounts show Australia has been the best performing advanced economy over the past year, Treasurer Wayne Swan says.

Today's GDP figures show the Australian economy grew 0.6 per cent in the three months to June.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
haven't seen this yet...

i kind of doubt it was due to the stimulus (although we did have real money, due to the previous governments surplus), China's desire for our resources probably has more to do with it. Let's just hope America doesn't default on it payment and china get stuffed... then whos gonna buy our shinny iron ore.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Pffffft. More nonsense. The day that they end the first home-buyers grant at the end of December I think, is the day that the proverbial faecal matter hits the fan here. Mark my words.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Whatever the case, this is great news. A little country hitting above it's weight. Typical Aussie trait!

Ehh Kryties... LTNC man!

IRM

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Hehe sorry for being a downer about it I just lost whatever little remaining hope and respect I had left in our system of government when KRudd and Turnip argued about a bloody ute for week while the rest of the world was panicking about that small little thing called a Global Recession.

Have you ever watched Question Time? I watched it a few times that week and seriously, with the exception of a small minority of members, our entire government has degenerated into bickering about "Points of Order" and who is the manliest of them all (yes I even include the female parlimentarians in that one). It is an utter disgrace, nothing less. If I could see ANY hope at all of making a big change in our government I would start my own career in politics. But, sadly, it's a closed off world and the average man or woman doesn't stand a hope in hell of being heard unless they already know someone who is 'in the loop'.

But I have to admit we weathered the storm quite well compared to the rest of the world. My only hope is that it is not a delayed reaction and that we have yet to see the worst of it here.

Anyhoo, I'm done now hehe.....

/rant.

[edit on 2/9/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Yep, I watch question time.. but often, the puerile school-boy behavior drives me crazy and I switch off. I agree that Ute-Gate was a waste of everyones time but... if such accusations were leveled at me, I'd appreciate the right to defend myself and turn the spotlight against those making the allegations no matter what the state of the world economy. I see them as two completely separate issues. Turnbull has an agenda.. and probably needs to learn how to lead his party honorably.

IRM :shk:

new topics

top topics

join