It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial New 9/11 Ad (must see)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

No problem whatsoever.

The World Wildlife Fund to me is just another organization trying to get money.

If people really knew what half of these organizations did with this money they would be shocked.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Disgusting, who on earth thought this up?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mattieon

Since it is not related to the tread, I will write a U2U.

Now, speaking about the add. WHAT DOES THE WILDLIFE HAVE TO DO WITH ANY OF THIS???????
And WHY MIX A NATURAL DISASTER WITH A TERRORIST ATTACK?????
They are totally unrelated to one another.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I am so outraged by the people saying "OMG they were just 3,000 people get over it". That is really irritating. So what if 9-11 was a terrorist attack. It was the shocking impact that the attack had. This ad was in poor taste. Natural disasters happen all the time but rarely does it happen we're attacked in a country... and to the people that think America is so bad, look at what Europe's history is like and you'll see their history is a lot worse... I'm not being racist... I'm just saying no one is truly innocent of anything.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I wasn't offended because at first view, I thought it was nothing more than a mockery of 9/11 and in this day and age, people often have little respect for anything and are willing to make a joke out of anything.

After watching it a third time, noticing the message, it seems to be an environmental propaganda video and by comparing the 9/11 attack which killed 3000 to a tsunami and THEN saying respect nature and the earth, it is lessening or deadening the effect of the 9/11 attack due to the fact that the earth itself can cause more devastating tragedies, hence conserve it, respect it junk. Again, it mocks 9/11 attack and in doing that, it also make Man and his evil actions rather pathetic compared to Nature - so, whether you believe 9/11 to be done by the gov. or terrorists - both are inferior to nature and you should be more sad about nature-caused tragedies, than man-made ones. It is promoting the strength of Nature over Man, Nature over Man essentially in all aspects of life. For Nature to strive, Man must die.

This, like Micheal Crichton once stated, is a part of this rise of environmentalism as a religion. Environmentalism should be something we all want to do, not this multi million dollar industry that the government plans to expand through propaganda videos like this, UNFAIR taxes, and restructuring how people see the world and especially Man compared to Nature.

So, don't act surprise, people. Don't be surprise when 9/11 is further made meaningless through bull[bleep]ing videos like this. It is a propaganda video. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Thanks for your replies guys, it seems that there is a 50/50 mix of feelings goin on here, very good intellectual discussions, most kept there heads cool....haha, well done.

Theres always a difference, and the difference is always different........

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
It's a pitch that wasn't accepted. I don't see the problem, except that it was leaked.

In the great list of sick things, I think an ad creative coming up with this idea is pretty low down.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

It seems to me that this WWF doesn't like anything american. First they sue World wrestling federation for the rights of the WWF.com and now this?

All for the almighty dollar.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by juggalo77
i cant believe what i have just read on some of the posts on here
how some of you can actually sit there and compare body counts on which is the worst disaster!!!!! a disaster is a disaster at the end of the day whether 100 deaths or a 1000,and if you are a family member that lost anybody in any tradgedy to have to walk around and see it advertised or to hear people compair their lost ones with others must be crushing!!!

Spot on.
You posted pretty much exactly the same thoughts as I was going to make.

This is in bad taste on two counts:

1. While the 11th September attacks and the 2004 Tsunami will always make headlines, there is no excuse for this advert to flippantly and needlessly remind family members of both tragedies.

2. The suggestion that the number of dead in an disaster can measure how ''bad'' that event was is completely illogical and insensitive.
It's on a par with ''Holocaust deniers'' disputing the number of dead. As if 6 million or 600,000 murdered makes it any different.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join