It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Lands in new Shaktar Donetsk stadium

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Hi guys,

Im dutch so naturally im a huge football fan (aka soccer for american people).

Now Shaktar Donetsk, from the Ukraine openend a new stadium and a UFO descents onto the pitch.
Watch this vid:

Ofcourse, it aint real, but i think its another big sign about how Europe thinks about aliens and that we're being prepared for contact or disclosure.
The owners of the club are very very rich and belong to the very elite...

Like there will be lots of movies to come out about aliens and 2012 and stuff i think this is also another preparation for the people to get used to the idea.

I mean, what have aliens in common with football or with the club? Nothing! Why the hell would they have done this in a grand opening of a new football stadium? Why not a big football show or whatever, or at least something that is part of the club's culture...? No, robots, aliens and ufo's.

Also i think its no coincidence that the owners are very rich and part of the elite of the world.

This is no pure entertainment. There is more to it

[edit on 2/9/09 by TheNetherlands]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Good thoughts in tour post .

you might be onto something ?

Strange as it may seem

or Maybe the stadium is welcoming Aliens unknown from other worlds to play.

Ie: Other teams from around the world to come and experience what the stadium has to offer.

Thanks

Ocker

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I think you might be reading into it more than there is

Nice effects though!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Last I checked silly sports are just a form of entertainment. They want to attract more people to make more money, so they use a bit from another form of entertainment (Hollywood) that has always showed consistent revenues (alien movies always do well at the box office and in the aftermarket) and attracts a very large portion of the populace that may not be into sports very much. They don't need to advertise to the built in sports fans, their not going anywhere and you would just be spending valuable marketing dollars preaching to the choir. So, from a marketing perspective and a business perspective this makes sense to me.

No different than the energizer battery commercials, or any of the other thousands of unrelated products that have used Aliens/UFO's in their advertising.

I would have to overlook a lot of other common sense things before I leap to the least probable conclusion that this is "prepping us for disclosure" which I think is a laughable assumption.

Entertainment has been using aliens and ufo's for the better part of last century and all of this one so far, why? Disclosure prepping? Nope, capitalism.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Last I checked silly sports are just a form of entertainment. They want to attract more people to make more money, so they use a bit from another form of entertainment (Hollywood) that has always showed consistent revenues (alien movies always do well at the box office and in the aftermarket) and attracts a very large portion of the populace that may not be into sports very much.

I'm still trying to figure out what portion of that pre-game stunt actually would make me (or anyone) want to play soccer, watch soccer, buy a soccer related product, or even play any kind of sport.

So if indeed the executives were attempting to gain additional revenue through new audiences, what audience were they aiming for here? I'd say people that see aliens and immediately think 'jeez, I really have the urge to buy absolutely everything soccer related' are few and far between. There are better ways to advertise sports.

As a consumer and non-soccer fan, I was actually offended by the ridiculous portrayal of aliens. And I actually like the sport less now having seen that. With that said, yes, I think the above served no purpose other than to shove more aliens down our collective throat.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNetherlands

yeah, the owners are probably extraterrestrials that run the show on earth

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject
reply to post by TheNetherlands

yeah, the owners are probably extraterrestrials that run the show on earth

Come on dude, just dont reply if you only want to prove you're an ass.

If Spielberg makes 8 movies about aliens in the coming 3 years then Hollywood is preparing the world for disclosure or contact, but if something like this happens at the opening of a new stadium in Europe then it is only for entertainment?

Come on guys, like i said, aliens and ufo's have absolutely NOTHING to do with soccer, a stadium, the club or the country Ukraine.

Soccer is the biggest sport in Europe, South America, the North African Continent, the Middle East, Russia etc etc. That makes it the biggest and most well known sport on this planet. So if movies are a good way to AT LEAST introduce the world to the possibility of aliens, then why not the biggest sport in the world?

Let me say this again: There is absolutely not one reason for a Ukranian football club to open their stadium the way Donetsk did. Aboslutely none. Not even a "entertainment" reason.

The stadium is full of 50.000 fans that are supporting the club for years. the dont need to "attract people to the opening of the stadium with alien entertainment". They dont need people to attract them to the opening at all. I guess you guys dont know how European football fans are. They are loyal to a team no matter what. If they set up a bed with 2 old people from 80 sleaping in it then the stadium would stille have been solled out.

And by the way, if they did need entertainment to attracht people, they sure as hell would have come up with something completely different instead of aliens.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

A bit OT here apologies
Good for you,so you don`t like a sport that
your country has never taken too or been very
good at wowee

I suppose you think the rest of the world
should be hitting a little white ball with a big stick,
or chasing a giant egg around in our pyjamas
while wearing a crash helmet??

I like the effort that Shaktar have went to here,
and maybe it`s to open up the general public to
the reality of this phenomenon who knows?
It`s a good light show anyway!

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Elmer_Dinkley]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
fun article but wat a let down..

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Why do people knowlingly post fake videos here?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elmer_Dinkley
reply to post by Evasius

A bit OT here apologies
Good for you,so you don`t like a sport that
your country has never taken too or been very
good at wowee

I suppose you think the rest of the world
should be hitting a little white ball with a big stick,
or chasing a giant egg around in our pyjamas
while wearing a crash helmet??

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Elmer_Dinkley]

LOL European or South American or World football (soccer) never really did need gimmicks, it's a loyal fan based game has been since day 1, some teams get 80,000 fans twice a week, pisses me off a little cos I cant get to see a game because of season tickets but oh well.
Thank you for that OP, I wish that Alien team would play us a few times, bad start to the season always sucks.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It's just an excuse for a lightshow. It's just like our UFO "art" in the Netherlands:

and the "UFO runway" at Houten:

[edit on 2/9/2009 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Why do people knowlingly post fake videos here?

I would believe this is a genuine video, but I agree that the post title can be misleading -or the wrong forum was chosen.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
That was pretty cool if you ask me. I would have enjoyed that show had I been there. Reminds me a little of that basketball/partially animated bugs bunny movie... Jam? or something like that, with Jordan.

Perhaps the thread title should have made reference to it not being real though.

I really don't see this as part of disclosure, just a show to attract kids probably.

top topics

join