It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if both storms Jimena and Erika met?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

What if both storms Jimena and Erika met?

www.weather.gov

I was thinking based on rare possibilities and possible probabilities related to weather, that what if both storms Jimena and Erika met halfway in the middle?
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
edition.cnn.com
edition.cnn.com

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
As per previous forecasts and studies, this is very possible as one is coming from the east and another from the west, they have a possibility of meeting above Mexico or Texas the way I think is possible.
While not being a weather expert, I did some researches for some past historical storms and the possibilities of meeting are very high. Some of them when they meet they cancel each other as the winds will be turning the way around and temperatures might not match for continuity. But also, another possibilities are that they can empower each other and become more devastating... What are the odds here? Anyone with some expertise around this subject?

www.weather.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28/10/2008 by RedAmnesia]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Check these links also

www.metoffice.gov.uk...

images.intellicast.com...

[edit on 28/10/2008 by RedAmnesia]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
No chance whatsoever, the wind currents are dragging the Baha storm north where it will die away from the warm ocean long before it has a chance to meet anything, including the LA area where the fires are.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Hi there redamnesia. Considering what I do for a living I may be the best person in position to answer this.

It is in actual fact, impossible for two hurricanse, or circular storms to merge into one another. Hurricanes need a few things to sustain and create them. One of them being a warm body of water. When a hurricane moves over this warm water, it essentially "burns up" all that warm water, leaving a cold trail behind it. This occurs if two hurricanes are coming from the one direction

On some occasions hurricanes may form close together and rotate around each other, at a central point, this is known as the Fujiwhara Effect. When two already formed storms become close to each other, the stronger storm will cancel, or phase out the weaker storm. They will not create a larger more powerul storm, as the environment needs equal itself out. Although they may interact with one another, the weaker storm will always be the loser.

Hope that explains it

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
You also need to look at upper atmospheric conditions as they can also impact and weaken hurricanes

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Also, considering one is in the Caribbean and the other is in the Pacific, they might have a hard time meeting each other.

join