It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Geographic The TRUTH, What They Did Not Show YOU, Watch VIDEO!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

how do we know that's even "good" thermite? the brainiacs melted through two inches of steel in seconds. are you blind?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
Hmm lets watch how 1,000lbs of thermite cant even cut a lousy pickup-truck in half:

Got to say, did the pick up have thousands of tons of weight bearing down on it as it melted? I don't think just the melting was responsible, all thermite has to do is weaken the steal, the weight would do the rest.

I think that is missed out of a lot of these theories, it does not have to cut all the way through, the heat will do the weakening, the weight would do the rest.

Just an Obvious observation.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
so thermite is made from rust and aluminium and aeorplanes are made of aluminium. Steel is a form of iron.... IS IT ME or have people are arguing over nothing?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin

Got to say, did the pick up have thousands of tons of weight bearing down on it as it melted? I don't think just the melting was responsible, all thermite has to do is weaken the steal, the weight would do the rest.

I think that is missed out of a lot of these theories, it does not have to cut all the way through, the heat will do the weakening, the weight would do the rest.

Just an Obvious observation.

True, heating of the beams would cause deformation and eventual failure. However, normal fires are more than capable of doing so as well. This is what is suspected happened at WTC7. Fires burning for 7 hours and damage to key beam columns is what caused eventual collapse. The steel columns and beams experienced something called creep. Steel will deform when heated and stress is applied. Fires are much more capable of doing this than any thermites.

But these were vertical columns in the WTC, not horizontal. Since when does thermite cut sideways? The thermite was not laying horizontally on vertical columns. How can it? So no, placing thermite on a vertical beam wont cut through it. Just placing thermite up against a beam wont do squat because as soon as the thermite is liquid, its going to run down the side, giving little time to even heat up the beam properly. And thats not even taking into account if the beam had fire-retardant materials on it.

Folks, dont forget the design of the WTCs.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by billybob

Yes it was placed in a container that can withstand the heat, and it allowed the molten thermite to pour through the safe. Now you are expecting me to believe that they took hundreds of little flower pots full of thermite with long fuses and placed them all around the WTC beams?

Oh and FYI, the WTC had vertical beams. The majority of the horizontal things were the trusses. Unless you want me to believe they made the thermite to magically cut sideways through a vertical beam from a flowerpot.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

yes, they used flower pots at the WTC. it should be obvious the flower shop took down the buildings.
besides being blind, are you a simpleton? they would have used a custom shaped ceramic that would channel the thermite along the beam horizontally, or on a inclined plane.

of course, that assumes that "normal" thermite was used, and ONLY thermite. RDX cuts through steel. nano-thermite is far more powerul than normal thermite. there are probably dozens of choices. the incindiaries and explosives can be custom tailored for the job. you seem to be implying it is impossible to bring down buildings with chemical explosives and powerful incindiaries.

only normal office chemical fires will do that to steel, eh?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

yes, they used flower pots at the WTC. it should be obvious the flower shop took down the buildings.
besides being blind, are you a simpleton? they would have used a custom shaped ceramic that would channel the thermite along the beam horizontally, or on a inclined plane.

of course, that assumes that "normal" thermite was used, and ONLY thermite. RDX cuts through steel. nano-thermite is far more powerul than normal thermite. there are probably dozens of choices. the incindiaries and explosives can be custom tailored for the job. you seem to be implying it is impossible to bring down buildings with chemical explosives and powerful incindiaries.

only normal office chemical fires will do that to steel, eh?

And how exactly would they mange to set all that up without a soul noticing? I am no simpleton because only a simpleton would think that somehow, magical thermite managed to bring down the WTC, without a clue in the world as to how it could have been done realistically.

And a simpleton would also assume that office fires and regular fires never can reach the high temps required to deform steel, and that steel has to melt in order to fail. Sorry, but that dont fly. Ask any firefighter or structural engineer or someone who works with fire-proofing and fire safety. Tell them that office fires cant do that. Be prepared to be laughed at.

and all these excuses and ideas that some sort of super-dooper secret magic thermites and special magical weapons (ala James Bond) are the likely culprits, is just plain hilarious. They hold as much water as a sieve. Hey, I say magic pixie-dust is what brought down the towers. Prove it that pixies and pixie dust dont exist. Just prove it. They do exist but we cant see them, cause they are magical. So, prove it that it wasnt pixies!

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by loner007

Nope, its not you. Im beginning to think that the fools that believe in the thermite are the same fools that originally investigated the explosion on the USS Iowa.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

can we back track a little to the part where you completely ignored thermite burning through two (times two) inches of steel, and chose to post a video of "thermite" (who knows what the mythbuster government shills actually used. one part thermite to ten parts sand, maybe?) not doing much damage to a suburban. and posting it as if it actually negated the demonstrations of the brainiacs.

and, from there, i will tell you how i would rig a building on the sly.
first, i would control the security company. i would do this YEARS before the actual event. then, i would hire heartless mercenaries as security guards, and pay them ridiculous wages. then, i would hire a team of demolition experts to pose as normal maintenance workers.
pretty simple, actually, if you have TRILLION DOLLAR BUDGETS to work with.

anyway, that's just how I would do it. that's not necessarily how it was done.

another way, would be to set up an elevator maintenance team that actually a dual purpose elevator maintenance/demolition team, and they were actually rigging the building while they kpt the elevators running on time. all the elevator shafts were in close proximity to the core columns. the core columns may even have been directly exposed inside the elevator shafts. and, WHO sees inside an elevator shaft besides elevator maintenance people? as a former tower security guard i can tell you it's NO ONE.

did you know there were around ONE HUNDRED elevator maintenance workers that left the building after the first plane hit? when everyone else in america was being brave and selfless to try and save lives, the elevator people effed off when they were needed most.

probably just another coincidence. it was coincidence day, after all.

coinc idence day

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

another way, would be to set up an elevator maintenance team that actually a dual purpose elevator maintenance/demolition team, and they were actually rigging the building while they kpt the elevators running on time. all the elevator shafts were in close proximity to the core columns. the core columns may even have been directly exposed inside the elevator shafts. and, WHO sees inside an elevator shaft besides elevator maintenance people? as a former tower security guard i can tell you it's NO ONE.

One of friends is elevator installer/maintainer in NYC - I suppose he was
in one it.

Problem is that there is a small group of these people - everyone knows
everyone. If not personally, by reputation. Try assembling your
"sooper sekrit black ops team" and everyone in the community will
know about it. Try bringing them in from out of town - again will know about it fairly quickly. NYC is a union town - try getting a job without the local union permission is impossible .

As for mechanics leaving

The elevaor mechanics were supposed to assemble and be given instructions from police/fire department.

When second plane hit the mechanics were showered with debris and many of them scattered

On Sept. 11, ACE Elevator of Palisades Park, N.J., had 80 elevator mechanics inside the World Trade Center.

Following the Port Authority's emergency plan, after the first jet hit the north tower, elevator mechanics from both towers reported to the fire safety desk in the south tower lobby for instructions from police or firefighters. About 60 mechanics had arrived in the south tower lobby and others were in radio contact when the second jet struck that building.

"We were standing there trying to count heads when the second plane hit (the south tower)," said Peter Niederau, ACE Elevator's supervisor of the modernization project. "Parts of the lobby and glass were coming down around us, so we all got out of the lobby as fast as we could."

They left in different directions. Some went through the underground shopping mall. Others went out onto Liberty Street. Had they stayed, they would have been about 30 yards from the two express elevators where firefighters tried unsuccessfully to save people. Another mechanic was in the north tower's 78th floor elevator lobby — where Savas and other people were trapped — when the first jet hit. The mechanic was knocked across the lobby, then evacuated safely, the ACE Elevator supervisors say.

"(We) went out to the street to assess the damage and come back in as needed," says James O'Neill, ACE Elevator's supervisor of maintenance. The plan was to return to the building later in the day to help with rescues. The strategy had worked after the 1993 terrorist bombing, when many of the same mechanics — working for Otis Elevator, which had the contract then — were hailed as heroes.

On Sept. 11, the mechanics left on their own, without instructions from police or fire officials. ACE Elevator supervisors say this was consistent with the emergency plan. All the mechanics survived. "We had a procedure. We had a procedure to follow, and they (the mechanics) followed it," Niederau says.

About 9:45 a.m., from the south tower lobby, Port Authority elevator manager Joseph Amatuccio radioed the ACE Elevator supervisors on their private radio channel. O'Neill recalls him asking: "Can you mobilize to come inside and see what's going on? Because I'm here with the fire department, and they're asking me questions I don't know."

O'Neill radioed John Menville, an ACE Elevator supervisor trained in rescues, and both tried to get back in the building. The supervisors had special ID badges with red stripes that allowed them behind police lines. The badges had been issued after the 1993 bombing.

As Menville approached, the south tower collapsed. Amatuccio and his colleagues were killed. Bobbitt and other firefighters began evacuating the soon-to-collapse north tower.

My friend knew the people killed....

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by thedman

any friend of yours could likely be in on it. you are one of the staunchest defenders of the official lie on this board, and any friend of yours is suspect.

i had a friend who was security guard at the towers, and he said that the elevator maintenance crew all looked like navy seals, and were very unfriendly.

okay, i just made that up, but the point is your statements are complete hearsay, and could easily be lies like the rest of the official crap. someone who defends lies with such vehemence is not to be trusted.

sorry.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I don't know what to tell you, look at the links I posted above.
Which are you going to believe?

Wait...
I already know which one you're going to believe.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

yes I have seen the videos. And I also saw the video of the 1,000lbs of thermite that couldnt cut straight through a pickup truck.

Again, you have no clue how they would employ the thermite, nor do you know how to do it realistically. Plus I have already pointed out the error of thinking that they put thermite on horizontal beams. There were no large I-beams horizontally. There are only vertical core beams.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by loner007

Yeah, I came to the same frame of mind one second before I read your post.

Just to help you play devil's advocate...
How old is (Was) the WTC?
It was made of steel?
Steel is an alloy of Iron?
What are aircraft made of?
Did you say Aircraft Aluminum?
Oh, and a form of thermite is made by mixing rust and aluminum?
mixing? That's it?

.....hmmmm Wouldn't surprise me if there was a form of thermite there, just not a vat of it pasted onto the structure at exactly the 75 floor or whatever.

Good Call Loner!

--Apex

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

how do you know that was thermite on mythbusters? did you do a chemical analysis before they did the test? even if it was thermite, you do know there are different grades of thermite, right?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Ok what kind of thermite did they use in the brainiacs videos?
See? I can play this little game too!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join