It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laura Ling and Euna Lee make their first statement regarding events that led to capture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Laura Ling and Euna Lee make their first statement regarding events that led to capture

current.com

There were no signs marking the international border, no fences, no barbed wire. But we knew our guide was taking us closer to the North Korean side of the river. As he walked, he began making deep, low hooting sounds, which we assumed was his way of making contact with North Korean border guards he knew. The previous night, he had called his associates in North Korea on a black cellphone he kept for that purpose, trying to arrange an interview for us. He was unsuccessful, but he could, he assured us, show us the no-man's land along the river, where smugglers pay off guards to move human traf
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
As someone who was at the spot where the were "captured" I find their comments ludicrous. I have attached two photos that clearly show the surrounding area. There are clearly fences and it is very clear where North Korea is and where China is.

I am surprised that they tried to cross here. It is the most obvious of all places. Strange time to be there also, 5am.

You be the judge.

current.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-9-2009 by deessell]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by deessell

Thanks for the article! But hey you said [quote I have attached two photos that clearly show the surrounding area. I don't see them any way thanks again and a star and flag for you.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Have now posted them. Thanks.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by deessell]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by deessell

You can download the pics to your computer than upload them to the ATS media and post them from there.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/05b022a4ed7a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/53e7e60b5d2a.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

join