It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy decides to pay 8,800 pennies to get his car out of impound

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Last year my girlfriends car was stolen and a Police report was filed. After 3 weeks she got a call from an Officer saying her car was found and has been at a inpound for the 2 weeks.

We had to drive 30 miles to this place to get a paper signed in which we had to pay a service fee (outrageous) as well as the storage fee (more outrageous) even though they failed to mention anything to anyone for 2 weeks. Than we drove another 15 miles to the lot. When we got there, they wouldnt let us onto the lot to get the car (to drive it off) , they dragged the car over to us off the property and onto the street. The people who stole it did a better job at breaking in, they used a coat hanger I guess but the tow company said they had to break the window to get in so they could steal it in and park it.

The car wouldnt start and they offered some help at a price they would tow it back to my place (price was outrageous again) I popped the hood and looked around and noticed the spark plug wires were pulled off the coil.

Tow companys are a scam, I dont care what anybody says about them, they are running a scam.

Has anybody seen that TV show thats about cars getting inpounded and the peoples reaction? They are jerks. I remember this guy, he needed to pay to get his truck out but his wallet was in his truck. They gave this guy the run around, a hard time and laughed about it. A co-worker said stand in this line, and he did for ever. They said sorry, that co-worker misinformed you, you need to stand in this line now and he did for ever. Then he went to the gate officer and shes like this is the wrong form, go stand in line and he did for ever. He was getting pissed and they just laughed and thought it was funny. Also, they said they needed to see his ID to prove it was his truck, but his ID is in the wallet, in the truck. It was a huge mess and total scam.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Awolscout

Now 'that' would be a trend to believe in though I don't believe it will be necessary in the near future. TPTB are looking at a whole different 'medium' of exchange.....though a good idea for now.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

When peoples cars get towed, it is their own fault. Taking it out on others is childish behavior. It's just a temper tantrum by somebody way to old to be acting like an young child.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Yeah, it's probably his fault that his car was impounded. But hey, a guy's gotta get rid of his pennies right? and who could think of a more funny/practical/awsome idea than this guy, huh? Stick it to the man!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Titanos

That same thing happened to me in Portland, Oregon and they would not even arrest the kid who stole it even though he left his school books, college applications and a note to his girl friend apologizing for stealing my Jeep and pissing her off.

I blamed him though and not the Police who recovered it for me. I sent a letter to all the Universities who offered him a Scholarship and told them the details of what he did along with copies of his letter, the applications he had and other proof. I lost a thousand dollars worth of fishing gear and tools. He lost his Scholarships and future.

I then called his Parents and told them what he did (of course they knew as it was parked in front of their house for days) and what I did. They were speechless.

I tend to be the wrong person to screw with when I have right on my side. I understand however that it was the thief who caused it, not the Police who helped me out.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

I did not say it was not funny
On that I agree

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
www.abovetopsecret.com...

it's been posted.

I think it's pretty childish that people go after the poor guy who didn't do it, and find it funny.

Same consensus there. You want to teach them a lesson, don't go after the person who had no control over it, go after those in control.

It's childish, all of it.

Edit to add: and after watching the video, they seem to also waste police officers time, for their childish ways.

There are other ways, tons of other ways to make a stand, then by making someone who is just there doing there job, hell.

It's like being mad at a banking company, wells fargo, but you decide to go in their with billions of pennies just to make a stand, all your doing is making that tellers job awful. You don't affect anyone else.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Republican08]

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Republican08]

You are absolutely right, you've made a very good point.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

When peoples cars get towed, it is their own fault. Taking it out on others is childish behavior. It's just a temper tantrum by somebody way to old to be acting like an young child.

Really? .. before I moved a cop in my city was arrested for being a ringleader in a towing scam ... he'd have cars towed, then either extort money from the owners or in some cases, sold the cars to used car lots.. many of the towings were not even in violation of any law.

Towing company's ARE scams.. no way around it.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by threekings

"ThreeKings" I'm not exactly sure why you are directing your comments towards me as I was simply saying simular to you that sometimes our only release of anger is directed at the worker instead of the owner per-say. I directed my question to Repubican08 and was surprised that you have chosen to point me out lol...

I will say that it sounds like you are running into a lot of bad luck with certain situtations, it must be negative carma. I donno!

Here is another story to share that might help you understand that I get what you are going through. A few years back I took my boy's to Cali to attened a live WWE event, as my brother pulled into the parking enterance we found ourselves bumper to bumper directed by the local police to find parking.

I decided to jump out of the car to pick up the tickets we had waiting at Will Call while he parked the car. As I started towards the concrete outside lobby area to the doors a cop started yelling at me that I was J-walking and to get out of the the street. I looked around me and didn't see a street, I saw a parking drive enterance so I waved him off, he didn't like that and started in on me again so I yelled back at him that he's gotta be kidding me, he's got drug dealers and gangsters out their to worry about and he's messing with me? Well, he threatened me with a ticket so I told him "Give me a F****en ticket and I will fight it in court but you can no longer lecture me so either write me the ticket and shut up or have a good day.

End of story, I drove back to Cali, walked into court with pictures of the parking enterance to show the judge that it wasn't a street so it wasn't J-walking and the cop 9who was present) was only pissed because he was on traffic duty and would rather be elsewhere. The judge agreed and dismissed the ticket lol...

Good Carma goes a long way!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

I honestly did mean to touch on this comment regarding responsiblity, I uderstand why he would say such a thing and IMO that is an excuse for people to not take personal pride in what they do and to not take things personal.

If I was the person having to count all of those Pennies I would be laughing, a little irked but laughing nontheless. I would realize that he is mad that the fact his car was towed lol so I understand...

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
about dui's the best way to avoid the penalties, is to not drive drunk. problem solved.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Someone may have said this already but...

legally if your car is towed from almost anywhere and as long as the police didnt have it towed......the towing company must give you back your vehicle without making you pay a penny! no matter how many days it sits in their lot! and if they refuse to give you your vehicle? you can call the police and they will show up and make the tow company give you your vehicle back! i know this 1st hand because my car has been towed over 12 times in 2 yrs and my neighbor worked for a tow company and let me in on this bit of info.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join