It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is shocking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I was searching for a video of intensive pig farms when I came across this.

I think it is in China as I have seen other videos similar about the Chinese cat and dog fur trade.

This is the fur trade at its worst animals being skinned alive, I am sickened to my stomache and ashamed to be part of the human race.

Not much else tp say really except I apologies for such a graphic horrible video

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

My favorite shirt reads "Leave Fur Where it Belongs"

The only animal part that I wear is leather/suede and I make sure I get it from places that are recycling the skins of animals which died for the meat industry. Which most places actually do.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
And we wonder why ETs havent revealed themselves to us yet.

I made it through about ten seconds.

Edit to add: Thanks for ruining my faith in humanity.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Jesus H Christ]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I just hope if their are any members who wear fur they will think again.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I'm assuming you are a vegetarian then.

There is a respectful way to use an animal for your own needs.The Native Americans somehow knew this. If you need protein or clothing to keep warm I would kill an animal to keep my kids alive. Would you not?

The larger point here is the disrespect they show these poor creatures.

If an animal is already dead due to the need for his meat ( as the earlier poster indicated) then is there any harm in using as much of their body to put to good use as you can?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I'm nonviolent, But I would make an exception in this case.
It's one thing to kill animal and take fur meat, but to do this the person or persons, should suffer a 100 times what they do to the poor animals.
You could look into the poor animal eyes this is savage, this person does not have heart, soul.
If I could find this place and get there.
Can't someone do something.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jesus H Christ

How come ?
Do you think We'd make suitcases of their reptilian skin, or would they wear us as jackets ??

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

The same reason you don't find University professors working at a pre-school. It would be a waste of their time and knowledge.

Plus the pay would suck

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Hey "DizzyLizzy"

I just wanted to say this is an important topic; not one that gives me little cuddly feelings, but important. I'd have to agree with Jesus H Christ overall..

There are other ways; the World doesn't have to be this way.

S&F for bringing something important to the forum

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Quoted for win.

My thoughts exactly.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I could only watch 45 seconds and then my eyes where tearing, first time my eyes have done that for like 6 months. What they are doing is just beyond cruelty.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I'm not going to even watch it. The description suffices, thank you very much.

All animal "product" industries disgust me. If you don't kill it yourself, you shouldn't eat it/wear it/use it. Capitalism is what drives this to happen. Economic forces. Sick.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I don't have enough tears to cry for those poor, helpless animals. Fing barbaric. Why on earth do they skin them alive? Is there a reason beyond just being cruel?

Tore my heart out. . . I will never, ever buy anything with fur on it again.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy

This is the fur trade at its worst animals being skinned alive, I am sickened to my stomache and ashamed to be part of the human race.
Not much else tp say really except I apologies for such a graphic horrible video
www.youtube.com...

There is no reason for you to be ashamed, nor for presenting this to be seen.
I know this kind of thing goes on, but I needed to have my eyes opened, so many people don't even know such as this exist, and for what money.
If you need the food fine, God said and the animals will fear you and they shall be your meat, but not for these animals to suffer like this.
This does show how crule humans can be, I try and over look much of this because my mind is some what beyond these thing and know in the big picture nothing really matters.
A long time ago someone told me," You know googolplex there are good people on Earth" dizzylizzy I'm sure you are one of these good people, and as it seems it is not for us to judge, but this is wrong.

I remember a dream I had and as I drove by a dog at side of road dying,
I thiought for the dog to die to end it's misery.
But in dream when I thought this something happened , and I had bad fed back into my mind from this.
I later relized even though the dog was hurt and possibly dying, I should have thought for it to live.

The way I am if someone has fallen you pick them up, there is nothing I could do for these animals, this practice should be forbidden world wide, I'm sure someone is doing something to stop this.

It's bad but if I was in front of this person doing this I would want to dismenber him, and this is something I am trying to get past. But I wonder if he would learn anything, this person is mindless.

I have no fear of death or dying, my fear is for those that are afraid and don't understand, I would feel kind of strange I think though if I were skinded alive, that would be way worst than being caugth with my pants down.

This whole world is due for rude awakening.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I have nothing to say

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

I'm assuming you are a vegetarian then.

There is a respectful way to use an animal for your own needs.The Native Americans somehow knew this. If you need protein or clothing to keep warm I would kill an animal to keep my kids alive. Would you not?

The larger point here is the disrespect they show these poor creatures.

If an animal is already dead due to the need for his meat ( as the earlier poster indicated) then is there any harm in using as much of their body to put to good use as you can?

I am a vegan, although I will cook wild rabbit for those of my family who eat meat.

Yes I would kill an animal to keep my kids alive if there was no other choice. As you said it is all about respect and what goes on before the end product.

There was a series on tv here in the UK called The Tribe, Bruce Parry would live with a tribe of people in i.e South America, Africa for three months. One thing stood out for me was the people respected the animals they eventually ate.

We now have meat in nice little packages, or a fur lined coat with little though or knowledge of how it got there.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Yea like the kobe beef in Japan they pamper the cattle, and they probilly don't even know they are killed, their so nice to those animals.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
nm, this is fail.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by shanerz]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Truly disgusting. Pretty much the same feeling I got from the Marine throwing the puppy over a cliff, listening to it whimper all the way down, and it not phasing the marine in the slightest. Same exact feeling I got from that, no more no less. I hope I'm not becoming desensitized. :/

The reason people can do this, imho, is two-fold. The worker needs the money, and they have no respect (as others have said) for the animal. I'm sure at one time they did (the 1st one or two or even three) have a serious quandary, but that's what money does to a person when they need it (or want it badly enough).

What I hope people reflect on is the possibility that there might be people on this planet who feel the same toward people (we) as we feel toward animals...superior. Thankfully, there are people who don't subscribe to this paradigm - a very warm thought indeed. It is you I'm interested in 'be'ing human with. If I'm lyin' I'm dyin' ( but I'm dyin' anyway so...take it or leave it).

Thanks

EDIT: S & F

[edit on 2-9-2009 by lagnar]

new topics

top topics

join