It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Claim: 'Sexual predators,' 'deviants' allowed to 'run rampant' in Kabul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Claim: 'Sexual predators,' 'deviants' allowed to 'run rampant' in Kabul

rawstory.com

Senator calls for investigation,

According to a watchdog group and a litany of whistleblowers, Armorgroup North America, a key U.S. security contractor in Afghanistan, has suffered a breakdown of its chain of command resulting in an atmosphere in which “sexual predators and “deviants” are being allowed to “run rampant” at the U.S. embassy in Kabul.

The nonprofit Project On Government Oversight (POGO) said on its website it had sent a letter to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton de
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
It would seem as if the structure and chain of command has broken down in some parts of Afganistan. Is the US military aware of the actions of the contractors? Is there a cover up of non professional actions and what other corruption might be uncovered in the embassy. I resent my tax dollars being spent on depravity.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
From the description of the pics it sounds as if a party got out of hand. I watched a movie that did very well at the box office that portrayed some of the same things.

It was called Jackass the movie.

Now if this is an on going thing then it needs to be reigned it. If it was just a party that got out of hand, then I think it might have been blown out of proportion.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

This type of stuff is not allowed and should be punished to the furthest extent of the law. This is is nothing more than being drunk with power...

It said it had obtained many emails, photographs, and videos that “portray a Lord of the Flies environment,” referring to the title of the novel by William Golding about stranded school boys who turn into savages on a desert island.

Some of the activities mentioned include deviant hazing rituals in which guards were urinating on each other and drinking liquor from another’s buttocks. A CBS News report published Tuesday carried video which showed a contractor being urinated on.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I didn't say I agreed with it. I just said that it looked like a party that got out of hand.

If it is as out of hand as they claim, then yes they need to be reigned in. If it was a one time thing, then the story was blown out of proportion.

But that is my opinion, you can take it or leave it. Either way won't phase me.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

I didn't say I agreed with it. I just said that it looked like a party that got out of hand.

If it is as out of hand as they claim, then yes they need to be reigned in. If it was a one time thing, then the story was blown out of proportion.

But that is my opinion, you can take it or leave it. Either way won't phase me.

You didn't read the article did you? Does this sound like a party?

t said guards presented POGO with allegations and photographic evidence that some supervisors and guards are engaging in “near-weekly deviant hazing and humiliation of subordinates.”

or this....

They sought “to express concerns and provide evidence of a pattern of blatant, longstanding violations of the security contract, and of a pervasive breakdown in the chain of command and guard force discipline and morale.”

Blown out of porportion may just be an apt descripition but not for what you are trying to make it out to be.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

If that is the case then there needs to be punishment and that company should be replaced and the members should be sent back to there countries.

Appreciate your usual attitude you give to those who don't immediately take your side.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I think your statement of "It may be a one time deal" kinda communicated that you hadn't read the article. At least that's how I took it.

I mean I would agree with you that a one time deal is just that, but the article specifically stated that it wasn't a one time deal, so it's not like whaaa was upset you didn't take his/her side, but that he assumed you were commenting glibly on something you hadn't actually read.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
There's just too much of this now
Accountability is needed and GET OUT OF THERE!

Appreciate your usual attitude you give to those who don't immediately take your side.

Ya but you always take the same side
right or wrong is irrelevant to you, you don't even see those sides

you just see america and people who look different than you
those are the sides you always seem to see

no offense though, i'm just saying

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I see why one would think that.

I am merely staying in the middle looking at both sides. All the info we have is from one side and judging from that is hardly fair.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Hello kettle meet pot.

When you are able to step to the side to see both sides of a story come back and critize me. Until then I will refer to you as the hypocrite.

No offense, I'm just saying.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I am merely staying in the middle looking at both sides. All the info we have is from one side and judging from that is hardly fair.

What would you expect to hear from the other side? The sexual predators and deviants that are described in the article as urinating on each other.

The Truth?

Makes one wonder about those that would apologize for that sort of depravity.
Just some good ole boys getting together for a party that might have gotten out of hand? I'll say........

[edit on 2-9-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I just finished reading this article and watching a story about it on MSNBC. No mention of "sexual predators", or "deviants" though. But nice headline, just like in the MSM, sex sells. Or in this case, results in thread views.

Looks like a frat house party out of control and the State Dept knew about what was going on and didn't do any about it. There apparently have been other issues as well, in which the State Dept has been looking the other way.
The pictures reminded me of the Navy's "Crossing The Line" ceremony, except alot more tame.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I conceded that you was right. Yet you keep up with the assholeness.

Both sides have a right to tell their stories, thats the good thing about our judicial system. Everyone is able to plead their case.

You don't like it then tough #. I honestly could give two #s what you like.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by jd140]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This reminds me of the stories movies were made of about Vietnam.

Humans have different ways of dealing with the stress of war and many obviously break down into groups and mind sets such as these. I wouldn't doubt this is common with other people in these type of wars also.

Many have been said to be commiting suicide. War and the threat of pain and death does weird things to people. Have you ever seen documentaries on prisons?

What about hazings in Colleges, gangs etc?

Think about it.

Do you really expect people to be tin or plastic soldiers?

The accusations of torture etc. are only bringing out the truth about war tactics and the human psyche or whatever. I don't agree with wars like these that last for several years. It's obviously being done out of greed.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
My question is.....

Are contractors supposed to abide by the military code of conduct?

Are contractors just soldiers of fortune and allowed free reign with no oversite by the people that hired them?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Part of this problem seems to stem from an inability on the Government’s part to attract qualified and suitable civilians to assist with what the Brookings Institute terms “Smart Power” the practice of teaming civilian experts with military operations engaged in that fun ‘Nation Building’ process.

Of course it’s a nation being built in the image of Oil Companies, Mining Companies, Military Contractors and pedophiles and sadists but hey none of those are the Taliban! So what if they behave in an arbitrary lawless manner devoid of any morals, compassion of scruples they aren’t the Taliban!

Yet as this rogues gallery of miscreants, mercenaries, international businessmen and opportunists operates in a vacuum devoid of American Public Oversight in our slightly tarnished increasingly sullied name it’s clear that the Taliban is becoming more and more attractive to the indigenous locals who see nothing particularly ‘kinder or gentler’ in this brand of imported American Corporate Democracy.

The war in fact is far less popular than the Obama administration imagined it would be and with Health Care and Cap and Trade coming increasingly under fire there are serious concerns that not only are the additional civilians needed to run the war in Afghanistan to some stabilized conclusion slow in coming and might not materialize at all for the ‘smart power’ strategy but that additionally levels of combat troops upwards of 45,000 needed in the theatre of operations might be a hard sell with the American public at the moment too where 53% of citizens polled say they are opposed to the war.

Inside reports state that the Obama administration is surprised that it could not garner ‘Bush-like support for the war’ while behind the scenes many Army support personnel are quietly being recalled to the States and being replaced with combat soldiers who can pull triggers instead of files as a way to get around having to ask for higher troop levels.

This of course is likely to create an even greater need for American civilians to fulfill some of those military administrative tasks and few civilians find any real virtue in lending their expertise to Afghanistan which only makes it a more inviting place for the lawless rogues and black market entrepreneurs, sexual deviants and crooks to want to slip over there to operate in the void.

The War in Afghanistan is just a stupid idea that serves no one or anything particularly well except for the oil companies, mining companies, drug smugglers and black market profiteers and judging by the resurgence of the Taliban it serves the Afghanistan people least well of all.

new topics

top topics

join