It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CRAWFISH!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
crawfish boudin, crawfish cornbread stuffing, boiled SPICY crawfish, fried crawfish, crawfish po' boy,

crawfish is good.

almost as good as alligator and sushi, but not quite!

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I've never had crawfish. Isn't crawfish considered pretty much a regional specialty dish from New Orleans and the other southern states ?

We have tons of them here in Oregon, but I don't know anyone who ever eats them. Aren't they supposed to taste like lobster ? If so, I'm THERE.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
well they don't really taste like lobster, but sort of. they are not any wheres close to as big and fleshy as a lobster so they dont have that big texture like lobster.
but i think the flavor may even be a little better. crawfish texture is maybe a little closer to crab leg texture than shrimp or lobster.

once you peel them and everything, even the big ones, the meat is probably a little smaller that the average shrimp. they have close to the same texture as lobster and shrimp, but smaller and IMO a little bit better flavor. i love seafood, i could not say a seafood i don't like. except the one thing that you gotta cook just right or you die. never had and never will. i love food, but not that much.

i guess it is a locale specialty it is also seasonal. now is time to eat 'em. especailly on buffets crawfish usually are low quality, but this time of year you can find some good ones on the buffet. i just ate that last of my crawfish boudin mmmm emmm mmmme memmm good!!!!

it is funny how you mention the regional, they are up there but they don't eat em. and mexican food in different regions is crazily different. i ate mexican food and the northwest and was like WTF is this!?!

say even down here by my lakehouse which is sort of out in the woods they have a mexican food restuarant which is nothing like what i consider "real" mexican food.

if you ever get he chance eat some alligator, it is heavenly!!!

[Edited on 5/14/2004 by panchovilla]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by panchovilla

except the one thing that you gotta cook just right or you die. never had and never will. i love food, but not that much.

i ate mexican food and the northwest and was like WTF is this!?!

if you ever get he chance eat some alligator, it is heavenly!!!

Would that be the chinese blowfish you are referring to ? Yes, I've read about that. It seems that it's a russian roulette type of deal. A chef in China has to have a special license to prepare it, and if he doesn't remove the poison vein the wrong way, it's adios to the pour mother#er that is served dinner that night.

As to the Mexican food, wait a minute now !!! There are some pretty damn good Mexican restaurants around here, all authentic, all run by hispanic families.

I could overdose on chili rellenos and die a happy woman lol.

Lastly, I would try alligator, yes. In fact, I would try anything that wasn't too bizarre or creepy looking. But Pisky considers me picky because I would never try fried locusts or tarantullas (sp?).

There's just no #in' way. Uh uh

Same goes for any other weird lookin' foods, and this includes some of the seafood ones that you probably love too lol.

Seafood such as squid, oysters, scallops, octopus..stuff like THAT. Forget it. Yuck !!!

But give me a nice hazelnut encrusted salmon steak, with a good dill sauce anyday. Or some smoked albacore tuna from our pacific coast...or the ultimate, lobster with melted garlic/butter on the side.

Ohhhhhh !!!!! my mouth is watering now !

Thanks a lot, Pancho

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
oh i am not saying that there are no good mexican food places up there, because i am sure that some mexicans that can cook some good stuff moved up there, because the northwest is really beautiful. i went to washington backpacking a few time and it is absolutely gorgeous. in one of those states we tried a mexican food resturaunt and it wasn't that mexican, but like i said there are some down here that aren't worth a ... either. we spent some time in portland it is a really cool town we hung out in that square a while with steps that go down it was cool

oh yea all the stuff you said squid octupus i eat it all the time... good stuff

i have never had any insects... on purpose anyways. once i accidentally swallowed a wasp while playing hide and seek or something.

the call crawfish mudbugs but they are really crustaceans like shrimp and lobsters. i bet you'd like 'em. i would try tarantulam but never had the oppurtunity, locust mmmmmmmmmm that might be a little creepy i can just imagine the cruch and the juice of that big bug. i'd probably do it though.

another thing i won't do is the mountain oysters. nope ill pass on those. and the blowfish stuff nope. that's dumb.

[Edited on 5/14/2004 by panchovilla]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
no oysters? oysters are good. what about sushi?

i first thought that eating raw fish was a bad idea; it just sounded nasty. it was a mental block. but tisa and laura took me to eat it and i said what the hell and from then on it was my favorite. oh yeah they also had fried ice cream at that restuarant.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
MMMmmm I love oysters...Oh wait, are they those slippery things on the shells that make you horny??

Yeah they are... Sushi is most excellent.

I love it, hated it before but love wasabi and rice/fish all rolled up.. yum.

New Orlean's dishes are very good..

Never had alligator, but I had deer. Tastes like beef jerky kinda. Very salty.

Have yet to try duck.

I saw last night in Balese or something like that, sea gypsies consider bats a real treat.

As well as sting ray...
Weird I know.

I wonder how that states.
to bats.

new topics

top topics

join