It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof That Cash4Gold Is A Scam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I came across this and i figured you should all know about it. It's a bit of reading, but it's worth it.

Here is a post by a former employee:

I would like an article to be posted pertaining to the refinery Cash 4 Gold, located in Pompano Beach, Fl. I am a former employee, who would like to alert/warn the public on the scamming process involved with this company. There are many of us who would like to vouch on behalf of this fast growing scam. We would like to get the word out to everyone on this step by step scam which involves so many people in this country and their valuables.

Below I have attached the full details on the scam involving this company. We know this first hand, because this is how we were trained. Please take note of this information and do what you can to get the word out there, especially in a time when the economy has truly affected everyone for the worst. Thank you!

I am a former employee of Cash 4 Gold. I did not know much about the company before being hired. On my first day of being hired, I was taught the "Cash 4 Gold Scam" from beginning to end.

1. The "refiner's pack" that is used for you to put your jewelry is "insured for UP TO 100 dollars, " according to how much they determine from a description from you, the worth of your items to be, NOT an actual fully researched appraisal.

Continue Reading Here

Consumerist.com found the complaint, wrote an article about it, and now the Consumerist as well as the employee have lawsuits filed against them...

If you have any broken, ugly jewelry lying around in a drawer somewhere, you've probably taken notice of a company called Cash4Gold that promised to pay "top dollar" for your not-so-precious precious metals. If you're like us, you might have even seen a post on ComplaintsBoard.com by a former employee exposing Cash4Gold.

The whistleblower's post appeared on ComplaintsBoard last November. We featured it this February, as part of our ongoing coverage of Cash4Gold, after the company raised its public profile with a multi-million dollar Super Bowl ad. The post was indeed written by an ex-employee, Michele Liberis, who is now being sued by the company for defamation. Recently, Cash4Gold added Consumerist and ComplaintsBoard as co-defendants in its lawsuits (PDF) against Liberis and another former employee, Vielka Nephew (PDF), in an attempt to force us to take the information down. Liberis and Nephew have chosen to stand up to Cash4Gold's legal attack, and so have we.

Keep Reading Here

I think it's outrageous, i had to post it here ... what are your thoughts?

[edit on 1-9-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Of course its a scam.

Anytime someone wants to buy something from you they will do whatever they can to get it for the lowest amount.

Look at Pawn Shops, thats basically what Cash4Gold is.

I took my ex wifes bridal set to a pawn shop and they offered me 50 dollars for it. Now this was a nice set that cost me about 2000 dollars. My current wife and I decided to take the money simply because we had been trying to sell it for years and wanted to be done with it.

I went back to that same shop and saw that same set being sold for 1200 dollars. A week later it was gone.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

A company asks you to send in your gold with no guarantee you will get paid and people have to wonder if it's a a scam?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Burglars love cash4gold.

In LA calif area the cops are finding burglars with cash4gold envolopes filled out ready to send just as sone as the do a burglery.
they just go to the nearest mail box.

This cuts the time that they are holding the stolen property and since cash4gold is in another state instead of using a pawn shop where the police pawn shop detail might find the goods.
This also cuts there risk.

Oh and cash4gold does not melt all the gold.
They have experts that can spot valuable gold jewelry that is more valueable sold as jewelry.
This mostly antique but not always jewelry is sold to dealers at a markup.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
When I heard them say send it in and we will send you your cash, I knew it was a scam.

Why the hell would somebody send in their gold not knowing how much they will get in return?

Now if you will excuse me, My neighbor just left and I need to go secure her gold valuables.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I always believed that Cash4Gold's $100 million buy-out campaign was a way to horde gold reserves and manipulate the exchage rates.

The prices of gold and silver haven't really changed this year compared to previous years, so that plan may have actually backfired.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by vcwxvwligen]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

I agree, completely. Haha, when you watch the commercials, I don't see how anyone could possibly take them seriously. And not to mention, I'm here trying to SAVE any gold I find, not send it off to someone else. The American dollar will never be worth as much as gold.

*Snip*

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

By using our discussion board, you indicate you agree to all terms.

1a) Offensive Content: Don't be a jerk.

[edit on 9/2/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Cash 4 Gold,...

Send us your "scrap" gold for dollars.

Now,..anyone with two brain cells to rub together,..think about it for a second.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Yes, 15%-25% of market value paid for your gold is a scam to those who know you can do better at your local jeweler or gold dealer, but the commercials are marketed to the lazy, uneducated or as one poster pointed out thieves & burglars.

As the crack addicts are taking a hit watching TV they look up and say "Hey lets go rob some houses of jewelery to turn it to cash and get some more crack".

One the other hand Cash4gold and the other clones are making 75%-85% on every piece of gold they buy - minus marketing & a few low wage slaves that's probably a healthy profit for some guy making millions.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Wow Im gonna print that out and leave them door to door
Or make a giant bilboard for the overpass...

new topics

top topics

join