It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Michelle Obama Right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
First, this isn't a bash the First Lady thread. Her role is only concerning the words she spoke.

Could it be possible that the person who probably knows President Obama the best knew exactly what she was saying when she gave this quote?

In February Michelle Obama spoke at UCLA, and you may remember that this part of her speech got a lot of play:

"Barack Obama will require you to work. He is going to demand that you shed your cynicism. That you put down your divisions. That you come out of your isolation, that you move out of your comfort zones. That you push yourselves to be better. And that you engage. Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual, uninvolved, uninformed."

blogs.chron.com...

IMO, the First Lady was correct.

President Obama is requiring us to work harder by getting more involved in what is going on in Washington.

President Obama is demanding that we shed our cynicism, put down our divisions and many are starting to realize or at least discuss that this may be necessary in order to reclaim our government from the corporate elite and lobbyist.

President Obama is causing people to come out of their isolation and comfort zones by tackling issues that are controversial.

President Obama is causing us to get engaged and pushing ourselves to be better by helping us to better see the fiasco we are in while pondering ways to recapture our glory.

But more important than anything, President Obama has taught us that is vital for the future success of our nation to get involved and informed and help reestablish

WE THE PEOPLE

Yes, the First lady was right. But without President Obama's help, she would have never had the opportunity to be right.

I encourage everyone, party affiliation or not, to get better involved and informed in our government. An essential first step IMO.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I found a five dollar bill today.

it read on the sides

"Learn and Read the Constitution, Soon!"

I figure MO did that lol.

I don't know how informed we're really getting, I mean, does any yet have a full understanding of all the bills that had to be passed, right now!

All the things he's passed in such short period of time, still has everyones head spinning.

I think it's more of "this is what I say, and that's what it is". But I don't really trust the guy, he doesn't really add up to his words, their poetically like nostradamous...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I don't know how informed we're really getting, I mean, does any yet have a full understanding of all the bills that had to be passed, right now!

No, but I have notice that this economy/spending/bailouts/stimulus has created more watchdogs from all sides.

IMO, this helps to bring awareness to many bills we should be cautious about.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
OHHHH! I get it. You're saying that he is encouraging Americans to get informed, involved, and active by passing the PTB agenda SO FAST that we don't have the whole frog in boiling water effect.

And he's keeping himself in their good graces by pushing their agenda ahead faster than anyone in history. Damn Obama the savior is crafty

I'm just playing, Hell you might be right. Other than his policies, that I disagree with, he seems like an alright guy. I mean, he smokes, he drinks, kills fly's that bother him...kinda like an everyman.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Republican08

No, but I have notice that this economy/spending/bailouts/stimulus has created more watchdogs from all sides.

IMO, this helps to bring awareness to many bills we should be cautious about.

Well I will give him that, although I started out with an extreme detest of the man, but have 'warmed' up to him a bit, and am currently throwing the ball back up and thinking about it.

Alot more people are talking about politics lately, and it's really been unprecedented till a little less then 8 years ago. And after that a little less then 5 years ago.

I mean, we are seeing more people on ATS lately.

Now that may not sound to weird, but I doubt that people on here, have any close friends, or family that know their on here!

So it means people are researching, and looking for information, and finding this place, which is filled with the subject matter, and differing views, (thank god).

We have people protesting, which I adore, just to see people getting active about something, whether agreed or not.

It's just the end result, which is up in the air, I see on ATS always, the feeling of helplessness, now a whole country of people thinking that way, could lead to submission.

I still need to start reading up on it, the five dollar bill, surprisingly has me intrigued, and provoked me a bit.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

OHHHH! I get it. You're saying that he is encouraging Americans to get informed, involved, and active by passing the PTB agenda SO FAST that we don't have the whole frog in boiling water effect.

You never cease to crack me up.
Hell, I was just laughing at one of your other posts.

You name me one other President that has been able to unite Republicans, Independents, Democrats, labor unions, and Acorn in one place.

Talk about rocking town hall meetings.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Heh, other than Acorn, I think Richard Nixon did it...EVERYONE hated him

Keep up the insightful thinking

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Worthless generalities, as far as I'm concerned.

new topics

top topics

join