It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What party would I fall in

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
First I will say that I am a registered demacrat. But more and more I find my ideals lying with other parties not just republican. So I'm going to run down a list of how I believe things should be done. I also think since some people like to make race an issue I should say that I am a male of multi-nationalities and grew up in the ghetto of a major U.S. city.

Major Issues -

* Immagration
To put it simple, if your here legally welcome just please make a honest effort to learn the langange if you want to stay. If your here illegally the get the _____ OUT!!!!!!! (fill in the blank) No jobs, no medical insurence (charge the home country for any recieved) Ship back home and told if we catch you again then you will have to serve life in our prisons.

*Welfare reform
Welfare is not a bad thing if done right. I was on it growing up and I have been on it at least twice during my adult life (Most recently after the ecomony went) Manditory monthly drug test the way they are done in the military. If you test positive then you will nolonger recieve welfare till you can providde at least 3 clean samples. No longer then 2 consecutive yrs on welfare.

*Gay rights
This should be a non issue. We have seperation of church and state for a reason. A Homosexual is a person just as much as a hetrosexual. They deserve the right to get married just like everyone else. Make a mandaate that yes they can get married but the church retains the right to refuse to perform the marrige (just like with hetrosexuals)

*Economy
Agreed with the idea of the stimulas but needed to be more regulated. Make companies account for every penny of that money and NO BONUSES TILL PAID OFF. Hold states more accountable for budgets. Hold confrences with every govenor to determine to the penny where their fedreal allotment has gone. Governor's need to hold quarterly meetings with mayors to detemin the same.

*Iran/Iraq/Afgan
Not our problem. we have too much to fix here before we can fix you. ______ with and we will turn your country to a glass parking lot.

*Energy
Stop letting the big corps ssay what can and can not be done. Put regulations in place will force the end to oil dependece and eventually end all oil use altogether. (Can eloraborate on how if asked)

Minor Issues

*Abortion
Pro-Choice with some excemptions (Will elaborate if asked)

*Deforestion
Not sure on this one. If you have any ideas let me know.

*Prison overcrowding
Stop being so nice to them. Nomore club ffeds. All maxium security. Take away some of their so called basics. No TV, Just give basic food, 19 hour lock down. 5 hours free for breakfast lunch dinner. Charge families for food and clothing. Become harsher for crimes. Take a page out of the middle east. Caught stealing lose a hand. After a fair trial of course.

*Couption within the government
If convicted of courption manditory life in prison. No chance of parole.

So what do you think?

If you have any other issues let me know.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by jmotley]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Looks pretty Liberal to me

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Probably an independent, although you seem to lean more or less on the conservative side. "F" Republicans and "F" Democrats. Don't lump yourself in with those Martians.

Only thing I have a problem with in your statements is charging the family for prisoners food and clothing. It's not always the family's fault. Not really our fault either huh? But they gotta be fed... Hell, buy the fabric at wholesale prices and make them make their own clothes, then sell the surplus for repayment of tax dollars. You could make them farm their own food as well.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jmotley

So what do you think?

I don't know - you tell us...

What's it feel like to come out of the closet on a major forum..?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by happygolucky
reply to post by jmotley

So what do you think?

I don't know - you tell us...

What's it feel like to come out of the closet on a major forum..?

So what does that mean

If your in some way trying to imply that I am gay then not only are you wrong but you are only showing how ignorant you truely are.

If this is not what your implying then please enlighten me

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

The rason I say charge the family is because a good many criminals commint crimes thinking this is for my family, or hey if I go to jail it's no big deal. If they now that there family will have to pay the price I think atleast half will think twice. The last price I heard was $33,000 per year per inmate. Thats what i make in a year. I think the family should have to pay atleast a quarter of that.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jmotley

Now who's being ignorant..?

I never classified what closet you came out of - there are many you know..? No, huhh..?

Well, you started a thread about yourself...and that's just it - you know yourself better than anyone...

Do some research on each of the parties, then make a list of pros and cons in regards to issues that you truly care about...after, weigh the evidence and make a decision without any possible influence from this place...

Have you read some of the posts around here..? Hey - if you want to taint the knowledge pool - go ahead...but it's on you.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jmotley

Oh, it's a thought crime. The criminal thought it would help his family and the criminal did it, so the family must pay for the criminals's thoughts and actions? Get the f**k out of my country you shi**y fu*k!

Before I charge your family for you thoughts and actions. How you like that?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

I have done research on the parties. and I have my likes and dislikes about all I have looked at. I asked here because I know that this is a forum that has many diffrent views. Where better to seek an answer then from someone that already has delt with the problem or issue.

As far as coming out the closet, you me and everyone here knows what that implies. When was the last time you heard someone say "I'm a closet dem or republican" I've traveled all over this great country and never heard anything like that.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I pretty much decided to go with the Libertarians at least for the next four years or so. With the country nearly bankrupt, forget any social programs until we clean up the mess. If we do bankrupt ALL social programs go down the tubes.

The reason I like the libertarians is because, of all the parties. they are the least likely to be corrupted by the Bankster/corporate elite. For that alone I would vote for them.

Reasons
1. They hate the Fed and to me that is the real biggy.

2. Yes they are capitalists but they hate the unholy corporate/government (fascist) state we are in.

3. They are not going to get in your face about gay marriage, drugs, smoking.... It is your body.

4. Environment. Not going to protect it BUT everyone forgets about CRIMINAL trespass. Pollute all you want but if one molecule slips over your property line your in deep doodoo. If the robber barons had not gutted this law we would never have had the pollution problem in the first place. During the Industrial Revolution neighbors tried to slam big business over pollution and were told "it is the price of progress" by the courts. You want to protect a rare species - buy the land.

5. Energy, They are not going to support a ban on oil but they ARE going to keep the corporations from big footing new inventions.

5. They are not going to yank the social safety net out from under people at this time but they are more likely to revise it so it helps people get off the dole and stops wasting money

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Let me begin by saying this. It's O.K. to say that you subscribe to certain political beliefs (as you have above) and by doing so are able to deduce from that, which political party you would belong to. Once you have jotted down a few political view points, simply plug them into the party that has stands for the particular value you share.

I understand you and everyone else dont want to be lumped in to a group. I didnt want to either at first. I felt like it took away my independence in some way and that people would think my beliefs were what ever the parties was. However I evolved in my thinking.

We readily admit we have a favorite food or sports team. I bet most of the people who go to church dont believe 100% of everything there religion says. So why not do the same in politics.

The people who belong to a particular party and base their decisions solely on party-lines, are the reason for the bad rap. I can see thats not you and luckily not even most Americans. Usually it's or elected politicians.

Now to answer your question. You are Republican. Ya thats right, a Republican. You also have tendancies right of that, to libertarian. Here's why.

- Republican tout that they are about god, family, country, small government, capitalism, and max freedom. You read to be about not5 giving free hand outs, tough penalties, max individual rights, america first, and a healthy distrust for government, as evidence by your comment on Govt corruption. You go further right of republican, going libertarian. You are for gay marriage, Pro choice, and for welfare. Now you are so about freedom you dont want to force your personal beliefs onto anyone else or Government for that matter. Who is government to say gays cant marry each other, or to choose if someone should have an abortion. Let the individual decide based on there on morals. Who are you to force your own religious morals on to others, you may feel. This is the libertarian side of you. Which is right of the political spectrum.

-I have come to see a trend in my friends and family. This is, when they begin dabbling in politics the are more democrat or left in general. It sounds good no hungray people, everyone has shelter over there head, racialy diverse work force and no war. But then they learn that no hungry people and the shelter is paid by them. They came from nothing went to school and worked hard. They see the abuse of the programs and more and more they are expected to burden. Racialy diverse means things like affirmative action. Now they have a harder time finding work and are discrimanated against based on the color of there skin. No war means not taking action before its to late. Means just writing a strongly worded letter to the U.N. condeming actions by a country like N.Korea and when nothing changes, do it again and again.

-This is maybe the evolution you are going thru. Let me know what you and others think. I have more insight to offer. I'll keep it shorter next time.

new topics

top topics

join