It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Financial Collapse summary - confirmed & suspected events.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

NIKKEI 225 just opened down over 500 points.

I'm beginning to think Greece could do just fine with an attractively valued Drachma to woo the tourists.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Today will be interesting
the Greeks may still remain in the Euro as there is no set way for an exit, it would probably require something
major like an EU wide plebiscite to give it credibility. so the process will still be a long and drawn out one
Greece will still need an interim bailout program, to stabilize it as it will need all the help it can get not to go bankrupt an put a big old hole in the EU economy.
There might be some very volitile trading today all eyes will be on the Chinese. insuring debt is going to cost a fortune today.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Another interesting day
As Greece is given notice on it's exit from the euro.
This headline from Bloomberg news
"EU Tells Tsipras the Party’s Over as Euro Exit Door Swings Open"
That by it's self is not to overtly concerning although it has
a psychological effect on risk in the market, the other big
one is the slow motion train wreck of the Chinese stock exchange
the Chinese government is throwing everything at it to stem the
route but it seems even they can't stop people selling when they
have investing on margin borrowing. seems a lot like the US in 1929.
anyway just trying to keep my eye on these balls, I think
that this is the starting place, if all of this starts a cascade
in the derivatives market were screwed.
edit on 7-7-2015 by wondera because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: wondera

I think that this is the starting place, if all of this starts a cascade in the derivatives market were screwed.

Thats what someone told me this morning before the markets opened, there was a coupon problem.
All markets have healthy corrections periodically, these days small investors usually get left out and lose their incentive to reinvest. Unless you are an insider you can't safely day trade and with the market this high many long term investors are looking for an exit point.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
China, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Meltdown

China has decided to pay Australia only $40 per tonne for iron, below cost production. This intern has removed the investors pushing the Australian dollar parity with the USD.

Americans dont see this as much, but, Australians buying goods, largely imported goods are about to see the price of heir goods rise > 30% as the AUD falls further against the USD.

Australia, 6 times the size of Greece, with a population holding a much higher disposable income than Greece is about to stop buying Chinese and US goods at 40% more.

Imagine China having 6 Greek nations, stop buying Chinese goods?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Adamus
In modern history the USA has been seen as one of richest nations in the western world. I have only one question - where has all the money gone?

Gone to pay for imported oil, and all the Chinese goods Walmart likes, well, its customers anyway.
All the tanks, aircraft, ICBM's, ships, subs., overseas bases, and last but by no means least, 'imported' drugs.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I think the Greek government, the present one, started printing Drachma notes and coinage the day after it came to power, some one could see there was no way out, other than abandoning the Euro, and the totally un-payable debt.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

The stock markets had too much Retsina recently today looks like a hangover.

money.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

Took everybody's sell stops out down 200..

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Have to be patient, dogs out now 18,19
Whats next ...Tracy Chapman or Sammy Hagar?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

The down legs appear to be a little longer than the up legs recently.
I moved my savings out of the 401 shelter long ago, but I'm a little hesitant to jump into the fast car just yet, its gambling.

Sheeple might noticed the down trend..

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
"Chop chop"

www.sgxniftydowfutureslive.com...
edit on 12-8-2015 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Psst...I think the others are beginning to notice...

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower

Psst...I think the others are beginning to notice...

Tell me about it,

Was mildly watching the Shanghai Composite today at work.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Spark point for a total Stock Market crash now being approached. If the FTSE in London hangs around 5.5% down in one day or crosses 6% down, it will go into total meltdown.

It is currently at 4.5% down with several hours left of trading.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The Dow is down 680 pts right now! What's going to happen when the markets open here?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: alsace
Spark point for a total Stock Market crash now being approached. If the FTSE in London hangs around 5.5% down in one day or crosses 6% down, it will go into total meltdown.

It is currently at 4.5% down with several hours left of trading.

Well its hit the 5% level no meltdown yet

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
file this idea as : Suspected Events

For many Years now... a few TBTF banks have been ruling the roost at the Precious Metals futures exchange...
creating an astounding amount of 'naked shorts' in gold and Silver

in the past 2-3 years now, the physical Silver is in short supply, the USA Treasury is buying silver from never used before sources... USA mining, Canadian and Mexico mining are not exactly providing the bullion required to fulfill the US Treasury demand to mint the upward demand for silver coins or under 100oz bars...

I propose that the Treasury, Mint, Federal Reserve is supplying the TBTF banks running the gold & Silver Futures with bullion which the PM manipulators buy using their Naked Short contracts...and the Treasury & Mint fudge-the-books to show they don't have the inventory to mint coins....

but the under-the-table sales of physical metal silver 1,000 oz. bars are a virtual conveyor belt to the Banks from the Treasury (with the banks as first priority customers) and the Minting of coins for the public through the authorized 'dealers' is of secondary importance....

JP Morgan likely has several hundred Metric Tonnes of Silver as the public bears the brunt of the lack of supply and the resulting increased Premiums of around $5 per Silver-Eagle coin on top of a .08¢ added on top of the actual 'spot' price of silver... (gold is a different ratio as the gov't is trying to get the silver stackers to switch into gold for some reason)

I would like to see a real tough investigation into the apparent shortages of silver, in the wake of the global economy contracting and the industrial need for silver is waning as a result.... there are just too many 'coincidences' being played out...
I suspect the Treasury and Mint are keeping two-sets-of-books ...as that was the recommendation of the Fed to banks in handling their derivatives exposures being co-mingled with every day deposit operations in bank activity/ investment bank duties

the Treasury/Mint/Fed is on-one-hand legally providing bullion to satisfy short contracts to JPM for instance, but they are illegally treating them in a more favored manner than the public which those Agencies are their to serve first & foremost
.....thus creating shortages in available bullion so that silver coins can not be minted and supplied to the citizens

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ex_MislTech

Does that mean that a collapse this year is imminent?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join