It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010s will look like the 1960s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Get ready.

The decade of the hippie is about to make a come back.

During the next 3 1/2 years (7 1/2 years?), the Democrats are going to rally around their man and the Republicans are going to rally against him.

This won't compare to the rallies forgainst Bush II, Clinton, Bush I, Reagan, or Carter.

It's going to be an ugly decade and with so many people unemployed, there will be plenty of people to line the streets.

So get ready because long hair and crazy pants are coming back.

Peace until War.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I actually have to agree. With all the unemployment happening, and increasing daily...I beleive we will see much more protests in the coming years

good post

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
You know, we have been in Afghanistan now for 8 years or so, and not unlike Vietnam the protest have been building up. Now we have the same thing and Afghanistan is starting to look like a Vietnam type situation the only difference is that Obama is not saying how he get the military to do what he wants at the snap of his fingers.

Now we see the protest starting to build pressure just like the Vietnam protest, but this time it is about a government power grab and not a war, and soon it will turn into a war protest also.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Genfinity

Riots
National Guard shooting people at Kent State
Bombings
Disrespect over authority

Now that those same people are in power, it's about time they got what they gave.

Don't trust anyone over thirty.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Man, the 1960's? My kids have told me how great that decade was.

If we get back to some really good music then all will be well for me.

Can we have a repeat of a Janice Joplin, sometime soon?

And of course, some well placed protests that actually accomplish something in the U.S.

Oh, and I promise to get more involved this time, instead of just enjoying the music and making the best for myself this time around. I really need a good soundtrack to go with my activities.

The 1960's. A brief time when those who recognized what was going on, realized it had become a one party system. Suddenly the Viet Nam War became Nixon's war, and not Johnson's war. Ah, yes. I can see it happening. It is happening, just not gaining ground, yet. Soon, people will begin to see Afghanistan as Obama's war. And, if Obama doesn't completely extricate the U.S. from Iraq, that will be Obama's war.

All in all, the 1960's and the early 1970's became just a "summer of discontent". Let's hope the 2010's become a "year of discontent". Or more.

And let's hope we do really get serious change. Change for the better of humankind.

I hope what I intended to communicate came across well. If not, well, oh, well. I tried.

Meanwhile, I want music raging against all that is bad about governments and human greed, racism, etc.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
Man, the 1960's? My kids have told me how great that decade was.

If we get back to some really good music then all will be well for me.

Can we have a repeat of a Janice Joplin, sometime soon?

And of course, some well placed protests that actually accomplish something in the U.S.

Oh, and I promise to get more involved this time, instead of just enjoying the music and making the best for myself this time around. I really need a good soundtrack to go with my activities.

The 1960's. A brief time when those who recognized what was going on, realized it had become a one party system. Suddenly the Viet Nam War became Nixon's war, and not Johnson's war. Ah, yes. I can see it happening. It is happening, just not gaining ground, yet. Soon, people will begin to see Afghanistan as Obama's war. And, if Obama doesn't completely extricate the U.S. from Iraq, that will be Obama's war.

All in all, the 1960's and the early 1970's became just a "summer of discontent". Let's hope the 2010's become a "year of discontent". Or more.

And let's hope we do really get serious change. Change for the better of humankind.

I hope what I intended to communicate came across well. If not, well, oh, well. I tried.

Meanwhile, I want music raging against all that is bad about governments and human greed, racism, etc.

take out the part about spitting on a military member's face and we got something here!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The 1960's has probably been the decade of which the most damage has been done to western civilisation in the history of its existence. I think the 10's will be more like the 20's and 30's where right and left groups get great support

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
more like the 1860's. civil war. Obama as Lincoln.

and it's JANIS Joplin not Janice. not that big a fan huh?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Yep! I'm looking forward to hearing some crunchy grooves!
60's mark II here we come woo hoo!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
There may be a superficial fashion craze that mimics the 60s but there cannot be a cultural youth movement. During the 60s it was an economic boom time with plenty of disposable income with a sense of optimism and freedom. We made steel in America, not happy meals. From a manufacturing power house to a service based economy.

Now there is fear and anxiety of what the future will bring. Not peace and love.

America has changed. Karma from our ME debacle?
You reap what you sew. God help us!

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by whaaa]

new topics

top topics

join