It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Like it or not, all 50 States must now recognize Gay Marriages!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

Actually, upon further research, there is precedence in such matters. But not using the parts of the Constitution I have previously mentioned, but instead the 14th Amendment. In the case of Loving v. Virginia, a case involving anti-miscegenation laws (laws banning interracial marriage), The Supreme Court declared such laws unconstitutional, as they violated the 14th Amendment, Section 1, which states:

1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

In it's decision, the Court wrote:

Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival.... To deny this fundamental freedom on so unsupportable a basis as the racial classifications embodied in these statutes, classifications so directly subversive of the principle of equality at the heart of the Fourteenth Amendment, is surely to deprive all the State's citizens of liberty without due process of law. The Fourteenth Amendment requires that the freedom of choice to marry not be restricted by invidious racial discrimination. Under our Constitution, the freedom to marry, or not marry, a person of another race resides with the individual and cannot be infringed by the State.

Now just replace the words 'racial' with 'sexual', and the parallels become clear. And since you mentioned the State of Alabama specifically:

Despite this Supreme Court ruling, such laws remained on the books, although unenforced, in several states until 2000, when Alabama became the last state to repeal its law against mixed-race marriage.

And further down in the article:

Some activists believe that the Loving ruling will eventually aid the marriage equality movement for same-sex partnerships, if courts allow the Equal Protection Clause to be used. F.C. Decoste states, "If the only arguments against same sex marriage are sectarian, then opposing the legalization of same sex marriage is invidious in a fashion no different from supporting anti miscegenation laws". These activists maintain that miscegenation laws are to interracial marriage, as sodomy laws are to homosexual rights and that sodomy laws were enacted in order to maintain traditional sex roles that have become part of American society.

Now while the New York Court of Appeals has stated that the parallel is not there, it will be up to the Supreme Court to decide once someone finally challenges these laws. I will leave you with this from the same article:

On June 12, 2007, Mildred Loving issued a rare public statement, which commented on same-sex marriage, prepared for delivery on the 40th anniversary of the Loving v. Virginia decision of the US Supreme Court.[12] The concluding paragraphs of her statement read as follows:

"Surrounded as I am now by wonderful children and grandchildren, not a day goes by that I don't think of Richard and our love, our right to marry, and how much it meant to me to have that freedom to marry the person precious to me, even if others thought he was the "wrong kind of person" for me to marry. I believe all Americans, no matter their race, no matter their sex, no matter their sexual orientation, should have that same freedom to marry. Government has no business imposing some people's religious beliefs over others. Especially if it denies people's civil rights.

I am still not a political person, but I am proud that Richard's and my name is on a court case that can help reinforce the love, the commitment, the fairness, and the family that so many people, black or white, young or old, gay or straight seek in life. I support the freedom to marry for all. That's what Loving, and loving, are all about."

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

Originally posted by die_another_day
Any gays here?

I know gays who are embarrassed to be gay

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Moon
reply to post by SevenThunders

How many civilzations have been destroyd by religion???

Please don't start this argument for the greatest human sufferings were caused by non religious events. So all this means is with or without religion we humans are not very nice....

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by Mr Moon
reply to post by SevenThunders

How many civilzations have been destroyd by religion???

Please don't start this argument for the greatest human sufferings were caused by non religious events. So all this means is with or without religion we humans are not very nice....

Now there's something that I think we can all agree on! You can always count on the human species coming up with new ways and reasons to hate and slaughter each other. It is the historical constant in the history of mankind.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

I'm surprised to find myself saying this but I suppose if I'm allow to marry then why isn't a gay allowed to? He's still a human being at the end of the day.

Well my only problem is they are only one minority behavior group of many and so why not allow all the other minority behavior groups the same equality?

Gay marriage is seen as a form of homosexuality equality i.e. Straights can marry so why not Gays?

So why can't a man have 10 wives if all agree to it? Every country has ideology, traditions and customs that determined these questions. What we have is one group that wants to change all this to just meet their desires, and I feel this is wrong. So we have 3% of the male population and 2% of the female population that say hey we do things differently and so we want all tradition, customs and ideology to change to what we want, so why not the 100s of other groups too?

I suppose the emphasis to the homosexual is that they would feel more like a "proper" couple if they were married (although it doesn't really make anything any different in reality)

So why should it be concidered proper?

One of my best friends is married and continues to have as many relationship is he can outside of his marriage. Should I be forced to see this as proper?

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

So why can't a man have 10 wives if all agree to it?

From a civil point of view, why not? It's purely masocistic! It's hard enough to make one woman happy... Ten would be impossible! But as long as they are all consenting adults, why should government dictate what they do?

One of my best friends is married and continues to have as many relationship is he can outside of his marriage. Should I be forced to see this as proper?

Proper, no. Any of your business? Also, no. Just like if your neighbors like to do the slap and tickle with shackles and chains. Your approval is not necessary. It's none of your business.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

If not, I'll elaborate. Equality means having the same exact opportunities in life as everyone else does regardless of sex, race, HEIGHT, age, religion, lifestyle choice.

I like how you just add " lifestyle choice" do you realize there are endless lifestyle choices? And that life choices are, dare I say it, choices....

When did sex, race, height, age become a choice?

Religion is a choice too but it is about all religions are seen as equal, are you ready for our government to recognized ALL lifestyle choices as equal and legal by law?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

Wouldn't being a heterosexual be a behavior also? So why do I get to get married? Just because my sexual orientation is in the majority? Just because it's viewed by some to be normal compared to homosexuality?

Well first, I'm not suggesting that married couples should have advantages over non-married couples. I agree that it is a behavior practice by the vast majority, and the vast majority decides what customs, traditions, ideology we should live by. With that said we all do not agree with everything 100%, and so because of this should we have endless changes just to satisfy the any number of minority groups that want change to their liking even when it goes against the majority?

Homosexuality being an abnormal behavior is only an opinion anyway. Yes, the behavior itself is in the minority but "minority" doesn't entail "abnormal".

So just what is abnormal behavior? Could we call homosexuality a birth defect since it goes against what nature designs us to do?

So since when does "minority" mean "not deserving of being equal". Isn't that the real issue here? That a group of minorities are being treated as being unequal to everyone in the majority group?

What are they not equal in? Marriage is defined by customs, ideology and traditions, and so you have a small group that wants to change this to meet their desires and force the majorly to except what they feel it should be.

Did you protest Warren Jeffs arrrsts and the breakup of his polygamy ranch? Should we change all our traditions to suit him and others like him?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

From a civil point of view, why not? It's purely masocistic! It's hard enough to make one woman happy... Ten would be impossible! But as long as they are all consenting adults, why should government dictate what they do?

So the day the government is willing to throw out all our traditions, customs and ideology and accept /recognize any and all behaviors I will be willing to accept gays having the right to marriage, or should we just change for the groups with the most money and power.

For me though I feel that customs, traditions and ideology are what define a country, and so I’m not very willing to change and I’m not willing to change just because a group with behaviors outside of those customs, traditions and ideology want it all to change to fit their behaviors.

To be honest, they would get a tax break, and so do away with the tax break for heterosexuals. And if it was easier for anyone to determine where their assets should go would be good for them too without the marrage label. Even though a homosexual couples can do this with legal papers and married could has the simpler “by law” statement. So outside of this what advantages would they have other than to have the government offically recognize their behavioral practices.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Proper, no. Any of your business? Also, no. Just like if your neighbors like to do the slap and tickle with shackles and chains. Your approval is not necessary. It's none of your business.

You are right it is none of my business...well until it is officially recognized by the government as totally acceptable within our laws, customs and traditions.

You see that is the point...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by KarlG

Homosexuals are a MINORITY. Like skin color.

Well no... homosexuality is a behavior... A behavior practice by a small minority... rather big difference.

You countered then reaffirmed the minority status in the same sentence! A minority is any group that is outnumbered by the majority. In this case, 90% vs. 10%. No one is claiming that homosexuals are a racial minority, just a social minority. Apples (racial) and oranges (social) are both fruits (minorities).

You are right apples and oranges... so why compare the two together with a statement like "Homosexuals are a MINORITY. Like skin color."

One is a choice and the other is not... I don't see them as equal in any sense of the word.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
This is not a subject of my interest or concern, but since this is a conspiracy web site, I would like to bring something to your attention boys and girls. These sudden changes in law were not of your doing, nor were they a result of your actions. When George W. Bush offered to amend the constitution to allow "same sex" marriage, I can assure you it was not an act of compassion.

It seems very unusual (to me at least) for these changes to be taking place at this time. At a time of unprecedented assaults on our freedom and liberty. At a time when our government no longer acts in the interests of its people. At a time when our own president states that anyone who disagrees with him is a "Domestic Terrorist". At a time when our government has driven our nation to the edge of financial collapse. At a time when that very same government has been preparing for just such a collapse. (FEMA, DHS, Internment Camps, etc.)

Rather than celebrating as if this were some kind of victory, I would suggest considering the possible motives of those who were actually behind it. Despite what some people believe, legal marriage provides very few tangible benefits. (unless perhaps you are very wealthy) However, it will provide the government with a permanent record of both your names.

You might want to give that some thought.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Christians must love all people It is possible to love without agreeing or, supporting, or accepting everything they do.

Christ taught this and he was hated, ridiculed, their were many attempts on his life and inspite of the way everyone suggests he was all about love love love, he was about Love AND rebuke, and spoke harshly to those who were haughty prideful, and those who would serve the enemy, saying many things that might even get em banned on ATS if he were to post that way to some of the members he was against.

Jim Nelson Black who wrote the book

"When Nations Die" lists three aspects of decay: social decay, cultural decay, and moral decay. Three important trends demonstrate social decay. They are "the crisis of lawlessness," the "loss of economic discipline," and a "rising bureaucracy." In cultural decay, they are the "decline of education," the "weakening of cultural foundations," the "loss of respect for tradition" and the "increase in materialism or atheism" In moral decay, there is a "rise in immorality" the "decay of religious belief," and the "devaluing of human life." www.leaderu.com...

We see every one of these markers in America today and you may agree or disagree but that is because you are about one of these markers. You may be an atheist, you may be a Christian but you support immorality by not teaching Gods word, then that makes you are complicit in the sin. You may have supported the huge Government bail out and the numerous Czars added to our Government and you may have noticed how unaffected we have become now that we are subsidizing the executions of baby's to abortion globally or like many I see here in this thread, you may "say" you are "not for" homosexual sex and did nothing but sat at home when you could have voted against it during prop 8, then you are not for it but you aren't against it either. You may have come in here as a Christian and started out your post with all kinds of disclaimers such as "I am a Christian "BUT" and then start giving us all kinds of BS about how you have nothing against gay sex or words to that effect.

You may be saying all kinds of things like that to soften your message or sugar coat the truth, you may even BE an active Christian member of your Church but are also actively involved in Gay sex and making all kinds of statements excusing it or saying the Bible isn't clear about gay sex. How ever you want to say it, no matter how delicate, no matter how gentle, the corrupt heart will only hear discrimination or judgment if anything is said in opposition to the homosexual agenda. They will label it as "hateful", "homophobia", they will call you a bigot and many other names far exceeding what one would expect to hear from a person who hates you, yet they have no awareness of it as they assail you for your belief.

They will ridicule you with extreme prejudice in defense of free will, and their choice. When you see this type of action being taken against you, you must discern who it is you are really talking to and take the time to decide if it is in your best interests to engage someone so given over to the enemy. You must realize that when they get that far gone it is because God himself has already given up on them. Their may be a thread of a chance to leading someone like that to christ but it is doubtful.

It is said at this point, they WANT to be gay, so nothing you can say will change that and although they will use the awefull experience they go through being gay to substantiate their choice as being one they are born with, saying why else would anyone want to be gay having to put up with all the bigotry and the beatings etc. as if they are under some kind of persecution. Nothing could be further from the truth and if their was a pill they could take to change them straight, they wouldn't want it.

The only reason a Christian has for staying in debates like this is to offset the damage they may be causing by offering what seems are logical reasons to dismiss the scriptures to anyone that may be reading this website looking for a logical way to rationalize his giving in to sin. It is for that reason we show an alternative answer through Christ Jesus.

Any of you who are old enough will remember how many more their were coming to you for spirituall guidance and how much more often and how much easier it was leading people to the lord. Their are not many left out there that are even reachable and their comes a time when the Bible says, the Church is just plane useless. Their comes a time when just about everything that was great about America, is crticized and the struggle our country is facing is because our country has lost its "favored nation" status because our Country's God, is no longer the lord.

I believe that time has already come and I attend church online now as i live so far from any of them. From what I can tell, from what I have been seeing out there, the Apostate Church is saturating the landscape with luke warm Christian Members who use asinine sayings like "hate the sin but love the sinner" as if that means anything to the Gays. They laugh at that crap, and anyone using that line better wake up.

It tells me you are a rookie when it comes to dealing with this kind of person, this kind of sinner but more than that, do you know what it tells them?

Do you know what it tells the militant homosexual in debates like these?

It tells them you seek their approval and they have turned the tables on you and the moment you say something DUMB like that they will invariably use the next line on you to get you to back off. They will give you the "Thou shalt not judge lest ye be judged" Christian reputation to live up to and if you don't know the proper context of that particular scripture, you're likely to be shut right down.

I have seen so many Christians get into debates with gays on this site and by the end of the thread the christians are never heard from again because they are post banned. You don't think they get setup to make one wrong word and get alerted while the Christians aren't there to set people up to get em banned they are their because they think they are going to convert someone. No no no,, that is foolish if you aren't careful. You have to remember, Gays want it so you can't say anything bad about them, they want to make it against the law or a hate crime. On the other end, you got atheist's trying to make it where you can't say the word God or talk about religion. You have an alliance going here with atheists where Prof. Richard Dawskins was quoted as saying atheists should start dealing with religion the way gays do and to ridicule them into better behavior. Ironically Dawkins doesn't see the irony in the use of bad behavior to arrive at this so called better behavior.

NO group of Americans are having their rights so stripped away as Christians. The Christian knows he must be held to a higher standard of behavior and will try to be nice but kindness isn't mistaken for weakness in this regard, IT IS a weakness and unless you "Say it like it is" and actually HATE the sin by giving the reasons why, you aren't loving the sinner at all allowing them to exploit your kindness for weakness because at that point, it IS weakness.

Christians made this country what it is and within the last 30 years, I have seen a this country die commensurate with its rejection of Christian ideals and Christian family values.
our Founding Fathers didn't want a secular society. They wanted a secular GOVERNMENT.

And the Christians all over the country agreed. Nobody wanted a theocracy. But the Judeo Christian roots of America are undeniable. America is a Christian nation, We are what we are thanks to the Judeo Christian tradition. And if a few atheists here and there cooperated with that project, many thanks to them but I'm sure if they hadn't, it wouldn't have made much of a difference anyways.

So why then are we watching our country slip away having more of our rights taken etc. I hear many say they can't wait to have Christianity eliminated in America. Do you know what I think would happen? This entire country would be in one HELL of a mess. I mean a real BIG mess and one we would never escape the consequences and they would be dire.

Gay’ Propaganda Tactics: In their 1989 book “After the Ball,” homosexual ideologues Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen advised fellow “gay” activists to show the public “images of ranting homohaters whose associated traits and attitudes appall and anger Middle America” — by equating pro-family opponents to Nazis, the Klan, etc. Twenty years later, homosexuals are using the same dirty tactics against people of faith — suggesting that Christian and church opposition to homosexuality causes violence against homosexuals. Such lies are part of the Gay Lobby’s ends-justifies-the-means campaign to win superior legal rights that undermine historic American religious freedoms.

Federal “hate crimes” legislation including homosexuality and gender confusion will lay the groundwork for the persecution of religious Americans or anyone who acts on the belief that homosexuality is wrong — as well as pro-life activists working to save unborn babies and those who fight jihadist Islamo-fascism. Every red state with no “sexual orientation” laws will instantly be affected by this federal power-grab that guarantees unequal treatment in the law by awarding homosexuals, bisexuals and the gender confused specially protected “civil rights” status.
americansfortruth.com...

I don't think anyone would be honest saying they don't see that corelation and once it starts going in the direction it has been, it is very hard to pull it from the brink, it is very hard to save a person intent on drowning.

"Homosexuals" believe that “marriage” can mean something as suitable a receptacle for the male seed as the womb; that the rectum a filthy smelly disease prone orifice of a fruitless union should be given the same dignity of that which produces human life.

That the gay loving another same sex partner is as worthy of being respected as those bearing a love much more worthy of our making. A sacred and higher regarded union, the love of children and family.

This is where things like tax breaks and special class distinctions are rightly given and respected for the sacrifices the parents of such unions must make to raise the sons and daughters of Americas future. Being someones lover in a gay relationship makes a couple, it doesn't make a family. No one else benefits from this kind of union save for the two people that are claiming to need the same tax breaks merely because they are gay and now married.

This would be the same or un-married couples then and anyone in a relationship or even going steady, would now have the same right to it therebye creating a burden on the economy as a whole and what ever tax breaks families had would then be negated in real purchasing power since they would lose the advantage of having a tax break when just about anyone would have it also. The increase would be absorbed in the way of increased prices of what the new market would bear leaving the family, at a disadvantage and making marriage a luxury most heterosexuals would find cost prohibitive diminishing marriage like it has everywhere same sex marriage is allowed.

Think about that: Because same-sex marriage is “legal”, a federal judge has ruled that the schools now have a duty to portray homosexual relationships as normal to children, despite what parents think or believe!

In essence, under the Constitution public schools are entitled to teach anything that is reasonably related to the goals of preparing students to become engaged and productive citizens in our democracy. Diversity is a hallmark of our nation. It is increasingly evident that our diversity includes differences in sexual orientation. Our nation's history includes a fundamental commitment to promoting mutual respect among citizens in our diverse nation that is manifest in the First Amendment's prohibitions on establishing an official religion and restricting the free exercise of religious beliefs on which plaintiffs base some of their federal claims. Our history also includes instances of individual and official discrimination against gays and lesbians, among others. It is reasonable for public educators to teach elementary school students about individuals with different sexual orientations and about various forms of families, including those with same-sex parents, in an effort to eradicate the effects of past discrimination, to reduce the risk of future discrimination and, in the process, to reaffirm our nation's constitutional commitment to promoting mutual respect among members of our diverse society. In addition, it is reasonable for those educators to find that teaching young children to understand and respect differences in sexual orientation will contribute to an academic environment in which students who are gay, lesbian, or the children of same-sex parents will be comfortable and, therefore, better able to learn. [p. 4-5]

Be afraid, be very afraid

If anyone would like to hear a class on what homosexuals teach our children just google "fistgate" the word will sum it up for you in a nutshell if you can not stomach the details.

But why is that, I make a distinction between atheist's today and gays today as if they are not the same as the past?

Because in the past it was Christians shunning them and rebuking them that kept them from coming out if they did not turn from their depravity. Now it is them mocking Christians and I don't see any Christians using the sword of the bible in ways they may understand for when you merge the scripture with the science the disease and warnings even Jerry Fallwell seems correct when he warned New orleans against their gay parades but the people of new orleans laughed and marched around looking like characters from the rocky horror picture show.

Then Katrina hit.

Ooops!

Disease spreading among gays like a plague where aids and mrsa are spread 80-90 % among gays in America and now the former Director of the Gay alliance has joined the CDC and has admitted it is true. Drugs and violent sex where most 911 calls among violence to gays is at the hands of other gays and their "lovers" and when we mention such places as sodom and gomorah they laugh and call it a myth from an old book that was used to control the masses.

That's right because when the masses start having sex with their asses, civilizations begin to die just like The author Jim Nelson said they do and if that story was a myth? Then they better explain the over 1.5 million bodies found in verticle mass graves and also the amount of sulfure balls under the ground (brimstone)

But still they don't listen and I know that because they are still having bareback sex and in Massachussetes the aids Rates are skyrocketing amoung minority kids going to public schools where tax payers pay to have brochures given out to these kids telling them it is cool to circle jerk with freinds. You ignorant people thinking you are being progressive allowing this level of debased behavior to ride on the coat tails of legitimate marriage that heterosexual have need to read what has happened to places that have done it.
It's worse than you think

Nevermind the statistics on divorce and how bad marriages are, if they were so bad for that reason, it doesn't stop gays from wanting to ride those coat tails regardless.

This isn't progressive readers. this is the great aggregation of the many things are country keeps doing to further its progression to socialism and communism and destruction. Those saying Religion has killed so many? Wait till you find out how many a Godless society kills for any place where Religion was not, the atheist state and atheist leaders of that state killed in the multi millions. FACT! But was it in the name of atheism?

How could it be, in a place where there is no religion would their be any atheists ?

The excuses for same sex marriage are so lame and the arguments for it are so illogically constructed that you would think their is something wrong with these people that tyhey can't see the obvious truth. It's as if they are not the same as us.

It is because THEY AREN'T THE SAME! and why that is God explained:

"Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done."

Each person has to give an account of their own life, rather in support of God's immutable truth or in support of godless man-made philosophies like supporting same sex marriage, abortion, or legitimizing Gay sex as Jesus instructed, when he said, you are either with me or against me, their is no sitting on the fence, no saying hate the sin but not the sinner without rebuke of that sinner, you are as gay as he is. Hate the sin shun the sinner if he will only insist on falling deeper into his own depravity and if he calls you a hater, shine it on, as long as you do this in love to forewarn him because you care, you have Christs approval and it is HIS you should seek anyway.

Remember, To each will receive their due recompense for choices made upon that day of reckoning. Rather participant or supporter, both have the same heart.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Stylez]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by A Fortiori

Nice!

I just hope the Polygamist get to have as many partners as they want now, and the pedophiles get to lower the legal age of consent to 13, and let’s not leave out those who practice beastality.

Its all normal rght?

How is any of this a logical extension? If marriage is between a man and a woman does it make it legal for a fifty year old man to marry a thirteen year old girl in the United States? No.

What does pedophilia have to do with homosexuality? What does bestiality have to do with homosexuality? You could have man on girl pedophilia, you can have man on female chicken bestiality.

Two tax paying adults who both understand what they are getting into is vastly different than an adult and someone who thinks Spongebob lives in the TV. What's more it is really an insult to even compare the two! Pedophilia is the most disgusting abhorrent act that defies the larger Natural Law that the adult must protect the young. Having dealt with people who have been harmed in that manner I can tell you that it is vastly, vastly different. A child doesn't have a choice when a bigger person tries to force themselves upon them, nor do a lot of the animals that get wrangled into sickness.

Let's keep the debate fair, and not demonize people. If you don't like the idea of homosexuality, fine. Don't practice it.

FYI, I was a hospice worker at one time and I had a evangelical client who thought gays were going straight to hell in the first available handcart. When her church wasn't able to heal her the first time they prayed, suddenly it was her fault for not having a strong enough faith and they abandoned her. Hence me being the "support" when she couldn't get it from her church. Me, a Catholic, another one to burn in hell.

I drove her all over, made her life as fun as possible for the last months, and I took her to a salon where my gay friend shaved her head for her, fitted her with a free wig, did her makeup, got her a massage, and at the end of her life two of her closest friends were people that she thought were going to burn at one point.

She grabbed me by the hand and looked at me one day as I sat with her through chemo and she said: You are my angel! My angel. To the gay man she once feared...he wasn't a gay man, he was a kind man.

Righteousness isn't about the things we do that are wrong, but what we do that is right. Gays should be judged like everyone else. Were they there when someone was hungry and needed food? Were they there when someone was sick? When someone needed help, did they give it?

Sorry, but this whole argument just saddens me. It just does.

Natural Laws, eh? Humans are on this earth to reproduce and without reproduction our existence is in danger. And the most important Natural Laws is that only a man and a woman can have a relationship.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Stylez

Christ taught this and he was hated, ridiculed, their were many attempts on his life

By whom? One can only assume by heterosexuals as they are in the majority…so what is your point?

They will label it as "hateful", "homophobia", they will call you a bigot and many other names far exceeding what one would expect to hear from a person who hates you, yet they have no awareness of it as they assail you for your belief.

It is the obviously hateful content and contempt and disparagement that elicits a response. Christians cannot call for the death or murder of people, tell them they will rot in hell, that they are a disgrace, abnormal, unnatural, call them names and condemn their very existence…and then cry that they have been called bigots and play the victim. Keep your views to yourself if you do not wish for a response.

You must realize that when they get that far gone it is because God himself has already given up on them. Their may be a thread of a chance to leading someone like that to christ but it is doubtful.

You are not God, so do not speak for a power so big you cannot contemplate it. It may be the hating Christians that have been given up on.

The only reason a Christian has for staying in debates like this is to offset the damage they may be causing by offering what seems are logical reasons to dismiss the scriptures to anyone that may be reading this website looking for a logical way to rationalize his giving in to sin. It is for that reason we show an alternative answer through Christ Jesus.

I hate to break it to you but this is not a Christian debating site. Maybe you are in the wrong place.

Their comes a time when just about everything that was great about America, is crticized and the struggle our country is facing is because our country has lost its "favored nation" status because our Country's God, is no longer the lord.

Any dangers the country is facing is because of the corrupt, greedy, evil, self obsession and lack of any emotional feeling let alone intelligence of the government and ruling elite….most of whom must be heterosexual.

The Christian knows he must be held to a higher standard of behavior and will try to be nice but kindness isn't mistaken for weakness in this regard, IT IS a weakness and unless you "Say it like it is" and actually HATE the sin by giving the reasons why, you aren't loving the sinner at all allowing them to exploit your kindness for weakness because at that point, it IS weakness.

I would love to see a higher standard of behaviour from a Christian. However, on the whole, I mainly see condemning nonsense and foaming at the mouth because they are disagreed with. I will ‘say it like it is’. A lot of Christians need to go pray, as their behaviour is so far from that of Jesus, that it makes a mockery of quoting and following the teachings. It is hateful, controlling and lacking in any empathy or intelligent understanding.

Twenty years later, homosexuals are using the same dirty tactics against people of faith — suggesting that Christian and church opposition to homosexuality causes violence against homosexuals. Such lies are part of the Gay Lobby’s ends-justifies-the-means campaign to win superior legal rights that undermine historic American religious freedoms.

So…duh….having pastors declaring that God condemns gays and that they should be killed could never promote violence towards gay people? There is your evidence. If you cannot see that, then it goes back to my argument of lack of emotional or any kind of intelligence.
Everyone in this world should have equal rights, equal laws, equal taxes, equal protection.

"Homosexuals" believe that “marriage” can mean something as suitable a receptacle for the male seed as the womb; that the rectum a filthy smelly disease prone orifice of a fruitless union should be given the same dignity of that which produces human life.

You seem to have an obsessive interest in the male anus and one specific homosexual act. What is interesting is that I doubt any homosexual gives any thought to heterosexual sex even though they are bombarded with those images from the moment of birth. Interesting isn’t it?
Also if you see marriage as purely about the physical act then I pity you. Marriage in its purest form is about the union of two people in a commitment to each other, in a spiritual sense, which also encompasses the sexual act as an outward expression of that love. Many heterosexuals have children accidentally, or without any thought at all, so it becomes merely an act of nature rather than some spiritual act of superiority. Homosexuals are forced to pay for those children through taxes, whilst being shunned from the taxing society and told that they are not meant to have children, Fine, recompense them all then. Homosexuals, and indeed everyone, deserves their fair share of tax breaks.

Jerry Fallwell seems correct when he warned New orleans against their gay parades but the people of new orleans laughed and marched around looking like characters from the rocky horror picture show.

Then Katrina hit.

Ooops!

There you go again with the contempt for humanity and the lack of any intelligence…just hatred and vile smugness….everything that Jesus warned about not being.

Disease spreading among gays like a plague where aids and mrsa are spread 80-90 % among gays in America

That statement is just so extraordinarily ignorant that I cannot be bothered to counter it.

That's right because when the masses start having sex with their asses, civilizations begin to die

Well, as a third of heterosexuals have ‘sex with their asses’ then in your strange thinking it must be the fault of heterosexuals.

Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done."

And that is a pretty good description of many Christians.

Remember, To each will receive their due recompense for choices made upon that day of reckoning.

If there is a God and that is true, why keep foaming at the mouth. Stop talking of love as you know not what that is. It is not your place to decree anyone’s relationship with a God. That is between the person and their God and it is none of your business. Your relationship with God is your business too. So if you feel gay people will burn in eternal torment…fine. You may be in for a shock though and find that your behaviour in hating and denigrating people has backfired on you. So why not just mind your own business, stop worrying and thinking about male to male anal sex, and just attempt to live as Jesus exampled and taught?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by skid

At a time when that very same government has been preparing for just such a collapse. (FEMA, DHS, Internment Camps, etc.)

Rather than celebrating as if this were some kind of victory, I would suggest considering the possible motives of those who were actually behind it. Despite what some people believe, legal marriage provides very few tangible benefits. (unless perhaps you are very wealthy) However, it will provide the government with a permanent record of both your names.

I think that may well be the case, and is well worth people thinking about...considering the way everything is going. Think Nazi Germany...and be careful.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by influx.destruction

Natural Laws, eh? Humans are on this earth to reproduce and without reproduction our existence is in danger. And the most important Natural Laws is that only a man and a woman can have a relationship.

We are in no danger at present time of extinction due to under population. If anything the opposite is true. The most important Natural Law? I'd say the bond between Mother and Child is the most important, and sadly, that is breaking.

Only a man and a woman can procreate but relationships have nothing to do with procreation, and historically (yes, even in the Bible-- David and Jonathon) men had relationships with each other because they saw women as incubators only. Men could be great friends, lifelong companions, etc and their wives were not seen as friends, just breeders and supporters.

That is...until Jesus. Then women caught a break and could be valued as tireless, fierce mothers, and ardent disciples, and, yes, of course...friends.

Perhaps, there is a natural reason that gays are now 10% of the population. Perhaps...just perhaps...it is a population control measure to keep the planet in balance?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Jaxon...Let me ask you a serious question...But, please dont take offence...none intended, I assure you...

I know you like to get into the religious threads...I have read some of your posts and think we may share some of the same views...

I wonder if you had some involvement in Christianity while you were growing up?? or when you were married?? Or at all in your life??

As a gay man, do you have any feelings of "shame" for being gay? In the sense of like when you were a child you were taught that being gay is immoral..or bad...or 'God' looks down upon it? I know you don't believ in the Abrahamic God...neither do I...but have you ever had a religious influence on you when you were younger that could lead to maybe a little insecurity due to your sexuality? Not insecurity as feeling unconfident or a current sense of like "I shouldnt be gay"..but like something in teh back of your mind that trys to play down what someone may have tried to instill in you when you were younger...

I only ask this because it seems many times you begin these very long threads that get turned into this question of moralities of whether being gay is right or wrong...And not that you attack or are ultra defensive...just that it comes up alot and you give alot of effort to make your case...so maybe their might be some underlying reason as to why..?

Again, If I have offended you I really do apologize...Not my intention at all...I was just curious if this could be a reason as to why so many of these threads get started and carry on for as long as they do...not that I have a problem with them...I think you and another poster (cant remember who it was) taught me a bit about the mentality of a homosexual man...and it made me feel better about the harmless intentions and also made me feel like I dont need to be so over protective with my son when it comes to the exposure that I was not going to allow before...where now, Im not worried about it at all...because of you guys, and I appreciate that...especially since Im moving to san fran...
..sorry...haha

edit to add reply

[edit on 4-9-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Like it or not, all 50 States must now recognize Gay Marriages!

And how many traditional marriages are suffering because of it? Has your wife threatened to leave you? Is your husband suddenly morose and no longer feels like "the man of the house" because he is being FORCED to recognize the marriage of Adam and Steve over in Vermont?

Has the sanctity of REAL marriage (between a man and a woman) been completely destroyed???
Are there locusts? A plague of frogs upon the land? Is one of Britney's marriages in danger because of this? Will tumbleweeds encroach and take over the Elvis-themed Chapel 'o' Love in Vegas? Have the vows of Dennis Rodman and Carmen Electra lost ALL credibility and become the latest victim of this horrible degradation of our freedom to discriminate?

Think of the CHILDREN!!! How will we EVER face our children knowing that Jean and Joan now have a LEGAL paper in their bedside stand giving them the same legal rights as I have in my marriage?!?!

Oh! The humanity!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

By the same standard, why do two girls who want to get married care so badly that the heterosexual community acknowledge their relationship?
If their relationship is based on the idea that they love each other and wish to spend their lives together then why do they care if it is called a marriage or a civil union?
Why do they wish to march in parades. There are no group of heterosexuals demanding a group of people who prefer missionary position sex be allowed to march.
And why are the homosexuals, who have experienced the 'horrors' of discrimination as regards the legitimizing of their relationships not out supporting people who wish to engage in sex with or even marry farm animals?
Just curious

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join