It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Like it or not, all 50 States must now recognize Gay Marriages!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

Apples and oranges. Each state has it's own traffic laws, and no matter what state you are from, you must follow local law. the other state, however, must honor your home states drivers licence. If you form a corporation in Florida, you can do business in any state, you do not have to form a new corporation in each state.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I left a post last night which is gone now.

As a caveat, I do not disagree with same gender marriages as a legally recognized binding union…aka espousal. In fact I agree with the principal and think the laws are just in attempts to provide such unions.

That said. I tried to reply to the OP originally as such:

No state legislates for the many. Period, that is ‘respective States’ rights’…not one state can legislate beyond its’ borders.

New York, Texas, Oklahoma etc. etc. which have wrangled with but can not and will not deal with divorces of same gender because the courts can not. Same gender marriages are not recognized so…guess what…no legal grounds to grant divorce.

Marriage is a contract, like it or not. It’s up to the States to decide whether or not to recognize the contract from another state. I hope they do…but most don’t.

I’m married, male to a female, and wonder why on earth anyone and I mean anyone would want the government to have any say in your relationship…because that is what happens…to get out is breaking a contract and the state has rights to govern.

My 2cents,

mg

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by thedigirati

No, you didn't. By posting about how funny mankind is - you have compared a significant portion of the world population with cannibals and lunatics.

I ask the same questions: What the hell is wrong with you?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Apples and oranges. Each state has it's own traffic laws, and no matter what state you are from, you must follow local law. the other state, however, must honor your home states drivers licence. If you form a corporation in Florida, you can do business in any state, you do not have to form a new corporation in each state.

So Cali where they passed prop whatever, or any other state that passes a law prohibiting same sex marriage, would not have to recognize a same-sex marriage orginating in another state?

[edit on 2-9-2009 by hotrodturbo7]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Wow...gays can get married...and yet some how the sun arose the next day...God must be slipping in his old age...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Yes, at least once it's taken to the Supreme Court. I'm sure that it will have to go that route. States will hide behind DOMA until then.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by KarlG

Homosexuals are a MINORITY. Like skin color.

Well no... homosexuality is a behavior... A behavior practice by a small minority... rather big difference.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by A Fortiori

I just don't understand how two adults marrying will lead to people marrying animals or marrying children, nor do I see how prohibiting gay marriage in Iran and Saudi Arabia has led to children not being forced to marry adults.

Young girls are married off to old men in cultures that not only prohibits homosexuality, but uses physical punishment (to include death) on those who practice it.

So, again, to those that think that gay marriage will lead to child marriage, please explain how relegating it to heterosexual only prevents it.

Well homosexuals are a minority that practice a behavior... there are endless other types of behaviors too that other minority groups practice. Why do we try to separate one minority behavior from all the others?

That is the big question here.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Sorry to tell you this but governments have nothing to do with sanctioning marriage. All governments are doing is trying to make a buck off of the service of licensing. You don't need a license to do natural lawful activities. You can make up what ever you want to call it and do what ever you want to do so long as you are not harming others, their property, their right of passage and misleading them in agreement. Now a license, is telling the government that you recognition that you can't do it without their permission, that you are willing to apply for their permission, that you need their permission, that you are glad to pay tribute to get their approval. Honestly, I don't know why governments don't charge an annual fee for marriage licenses like they do the drivers license scam or a million other tribute for Caesar scams.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Further more a marriage license doesn't even apply to a living human being. It applies to an abstract being known as a StrawMan and it has nothing to do with "Law". If it applied to a living human being it would be equivalent to the government impeding your lawful rights as a living human being by saying you can't do this unless you pay for it, and that would violate natural, golden rule, the true and real "Law" of not interfering with a living person.

Governments aren't living people they are abstractions. To circumvent this ethical issue of justice, governments (corporations) apply statutes/regulations to fantasy beings known as strawman or a "Person". In our case the YOUR NAME in capitals is the identification of this artificial person that you do not have to identify with. Accepting their licensing is to buy into their authority ie and jurisdiction over you. You are not a person, you are a living human being.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968
Skin color and homosexuality are inherently different in that one is a choice and one is not. Being gay is a choice.

Well actually I disagree...

Being gay is not a choice, just as being heterosexual is not a choice. Well also being a pedophile, or sociopath, or psychopath etc are all not choices either, but behaviors. Choosing to practice those behaviors are choices though, but homosexuals are the one minority group from all these other minority groups that have been pushing their behavior to the equality of the majority. Marriage is just a further attempt to normalize their behavior in mirroring heterosexuals. As many have posted, a partnership does not need the marriage stamp to be successful and happy.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr. Ballard
Wow...gays can get married...and yet some how the sun arose the next day...God must be slipping in his old age...

So just what does this all mean? When you think about it Plato and Socrates contemplated ethics, equality and other deep philosophical thoughts while they had slave boys they used sexuality. I would bet that that those slave boys thought they were blessed to be the slaves of such great men.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this has been broached, but:

Texas Constitution, Bill of rights, Article 1, Sec. 32. MARRIAGE. (a) Marriage in this state shall consist only of the union of one man and one woman. (b) This state or a political subdivision of this state may not create or recognize any legal status identical or similar to marriage.

Like it or not? This isn't the purview of the Federal Government. Please understand what Enumerated Powers are. If the Federal Government seizes such power, there is not point of having a State Government. As such, if gay marriage is legalized in California, it will not be recognized in Texas. Not that I'm opposed, mind you, but this is the law.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by zippy1958
reply to post by A Fortiori

I will take that hug. Thanks!

Ironically, it really helped me to come to ATS and read all the hate spewed by some of the anti-gay people here. I realized how weak their argument was. I guess I should thank them for making me feel better about myself.
Innit, the facepalm inducing comments sometimes defy beggars belief. Sometimes it makes me seethe with rage that people can be that missinformed and ignorant. But mostly, it makes me laugh, because people can be that missinformed and ignorant, and still use a computer

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

How many civilzations have been destroyd by religion???

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
As some of you will already know I completely disagree with any human homosexual relationship. Don't quote me its natural or that animals engage in them also, animals are animals.

Homosexuality is not the norm. I'm sorry but its as simple as that, I'll admit that just because it isn't the norm doesn't make it wrong but its a simple fact that there are more straight people than gay people.

I don't hate or dislike homosexuals rather I don't agree with their sexuality.

My own simple rule is as long as it doesn't affect me then I don't care.

As someone pointed out earlier, (think it was John Matrix) he has gay/bi friends although they don't rub their sexuality in his face, which is good enough for me.

What people do behind closed doors is none of my business just as what I do behind closed doors is no one elses business

I'm surprised to find myself saying this but I suppose if I'm allow to marry then why isn't a gay allowed to? He's still a human being at the end of the day.

Don't get me wrong I'm against gay marriage and homosexuality but just because I don't agree with it doesn't mean it shouldn't happen.

One issue I do have though is this:

Gay marriage is seen as a form of homosexuality equality i.e. Straights can marry so why not Gays?

I suppose the emphasis to the homosexual is that they would feel more like a "proper" couple if they were married (although it doesn't really make anything any different in reality)

My problem is that when they become a "proper married" couple they would feel more likely to adopt children.

I absolutely 110% disagree with gay couples adopting children, be that male or female homosexual couples

But thats for a different argument, one that I've already debated on in an existing thread.

Just adding my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Well homosexuals are a minority that practice a behavior... there are endless other types of behaviors too that other minority groups practice. Why do we try to separate one minority behavior from all the others?

That is the big question here.

I understand what your trying to say here as I've used that sort of argument in my debates about homosexuality before.

Obviously the big difference is that gays, on their own, are not hurting anybody.

Whereas rapists, peadophiles, cannibals obviously are.

Not having a go at you because I don't like homosexuality either but just thought I'd point that out.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

GOOD NEWS!

I was just informed that my Persian cat can get along with his Siamese chick without getting married!

It might sound logical that a wedding could be comenced since they are of opposite sex. However the conclusion after calling it a matter at the city council was that even so marriage was not a prerequisite for their affairs.

So Simba and Lily are living happily in part of the house and all around it in the yard! Lily shows extreme affection to the part of the yard with the grass.

Although they do not mind being seen having sex, mostly they do so after sun down and at the part of the yard behind the shed where there is ample of space and they cannot be seen, doing their thing in peace.

Cats are quite a wonder. Take this for example:

Everytime two males meet they have a good fight!
No hugging and kissing... just fighting and expressing:
This is my area. I am a male. I do not want any other male in my area let alone too close to me. You get too close you get a fight!
and thats about it.

Simba is about 5.5 kilos. Its really a great cat. Bigger than some of the smaller dogs so he is just the king in the neighborhood!
No cats around besides the females!

Last night i took Simba for another stroll along the park.
Simba was bored to do the same walk again so we took my jet and went to a famous park overseas.

We landed nice and safely and headed to the park for the ussual strol.

I saw two men coming from my far left deep in the park.
After all i was right earlier. The buckled figure i saw was two people but i couln'd be sure since one was bent making the shape unrecognisable in the semilit space...

Anyway they split and only one headed myway. Simba got all tense and started making sounds. As the guy came closer i recognised the man sliiping on the banana the other night. Its a small world...
He was in perfect shape and so my worries about his backbone falling right onto the banana evaporated.
He thanked me for helping him up the other night.
He wanted to cudle with Simba but Simba was unwilling to do so.
Even gave the guy a scare!

I assume the guy had a jet too!
I am most definite about it since he wore the same jeans...

So i ask him wich LiarJet he is riding on.

I have a brand new one. Had to change my last years one since the tyres were worn out... Some call me retarded for acting so... Whatever.
The guy replied to my earlier question that he had no plane but did ride along with some of his "fellows" and that he was ussualy lying on the lower deck...

It turns out he had many "fellow" friends who are pilots for commercial companies.

I admit that its a cheaped mode of transport than my jet.
Those tyres cost me a ton of bucks everytime they need be replaced.

Anyway i consider the guy lucky-He did not have to marry any of his friends in order to ride along with them. I guess that could cause some major inconvenience, albeit he admited that the particular flight he rode that night was his favourite and he purely loved it.

My cat kept scratching my leg suggesting not to ask him in the jet for the flight back. So i did not.

I guess if it weren't for the cat i might offer a seat in the jet, between my stewardesses in order to have things under safety & control away fro awkwardness.

Unlucky for the guy the cat was there.

I guess life does not treat everyone with the same manner. Life is easier for some that for some others.

Take for example the two twin brothers from Congo.

They went to that same school and were raised equaly.
One day one caught pigs desease and he decided to take a vaccine of some sort. One that did not undergow proper examination, trials and approval.

Anyway the guy was left defect due to some nerves damage from the vaccine.

Life is now much harder for him compared to his brother.
Tough but such is life.

There are some gay people leading a nice and causy life. Yet again some others are in worse or much worse realities.

Life is chaotic. Its just too complicated.
Its hardly made equal for any of us.

I mean i have to strugle everytime i climb those jet steps...
Could mr Liar not make them automatic climbing steps?
I have my difficulties too you see, but i am trying.... i am doing my best.
After all i enjoy my occasional stroll in parks.

So why is it that laws should be made for gays so to make unequal things equal? It can never be anyway. If there are financial reasons there too, let it be. If it weren't for this it would be for that. Fact is unequal things can never become equal. Everyone carries his own difficulties.

I have come to terms with the steps in my jet.

The banana from few nights ago was recovered. The lady cleaning the park gave it to her chimp but he refused to even snif it. Maybe it was too old.

I am on vitamin C for anyone asking. The natural stuff straight from the oranges. Its has about 99% absorbtion relative to the vitamin c pills wich have an absorption of about 0.00005%

NATURAL WORKS BEST
KEEP AWAY FROM DRUGS
I PRAFCTICE NONE OF THEM
ITS NOT NATURAL (OHHH I SMOKE...)

LOVE TO ALL
GTG

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The day it's legalized in Massachusetts, I'll marry my best friend purely for the legal benefits of being married and cost as much money to the taxpayers as possible.

That's MY way of demonstrating why I disagree with gay marriages. It has nothing to do with being gay, to me, it's all about how easily the system will be abused. And trust me, I'll be abusing it from day 1 until it's banned again.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ninecrimes

Nice idea!
How much is the benefit in % per marriage?
Can it be donne the Arab way?

I mean if its 10% per marriege i could get Simba married with 25 chicks and actually turn out to bennefit from it.

Star for the idea!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join