It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Boy Cries Blood VIDEO: Calvino Inman's Illness Baffles Doctors"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The Link

In an illness straight out of a science fiction story, Calvino Inman cries blood up to three times a day. His doctors as of yet cannot figure out why it's happening, but Inman offers this description:

Sometimes, I can feel it coming up, like a tear. I feel my eyes watering. Sometimes, it will burn as it comes out. I've been called possessed by almost all of my friends. I guess I'm used to it now. At first, it kind of hurt my feelings

The teen's mother says Inman has had MRIs, CAT scans and other diagnostics but to no avail.

Scary. No one can say what this is or why it is happening. Is this something beyond the normal sphere of experience, or 'paranormal'?

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Animal]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I am most certainly open to that option but then again it could be some weird rare disease. However, last night while I was watching a documetary about the 9/11 conspiracy on National Geographic, there was a commercial about a show with a little girl who also cried blood. So who knows.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Rare disease, yes. Paranormal, no more than a nose bleed. You can't diagnose or treat a nosebleed either, unless he wants his tear ducts cauterized shut. It is probably nothing more than excess pressure or weak blood vessels. It's better the blood comes out than builds up into an internal hemorrhage I would think.

Edit to add: I nearly forgot that less than a year ago I had blood in my eye. It's called a subconjunctival hemmorhage and it's not all that rare. It can be caused in ordinary people by trauma, or just eye strain. Some people are more prone than others, and can have it on a regular basis even just from bending over. In my case I was just sitting at the computer for too long, I go to look in the mirror and I happened to notice my eye was filling with blood. Needless to say I was pretty worried because I was alone and it was late at night, but after some research I found that it's perfectly fine and it goes away on it's own. It's not that hard to fathom that a blood vessel in the eye socket rather than within the eye itself could rupture and create a tear-like effect.

Here you go, I'm "paranormal":

[edit on 9/2/2009 by Yarcofin]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The condition is called Haemolacria

new topics

top topics

join