It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things That We May Be Facing!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Let us take a poll . . . We all know that we are on the precipice of something huge. Some of us feel it instinctually, others may think so due to religious beliefs, or simply by information that they have compiled on the various goings on in the world today. I have read many threads here on ATS about these things, so I thought I would compile a list.

Which of these things concerns you the most & why?

1. Killer plague/disease such as swine flu or perhaps some other biological weapon

2. War (world war, nukes, civil war, riots, etc..)

3. Killer weather (freak storms, lightening, large hail, hurricanes, tornados, intense heat or cold...you get the idea.

4. Eruption of one or several Super volcanoes (death by suffocation or cooking)

5. Major earthquakes (too many scenarios to mention but you can imagine such as killer tsunamis)

6. Asteroid/meteorite crashing into earth.

7. Black hole swallows earth ( not sure this is plausible)

8. Pole shift

9. Sun burns out, explodes or super flares bombard earth

10. Aliens land and are hostile

11. Almost forgot this one! Total global economic collapse!

Feel free to add anything that I might have neglected to mention.

I think for me, number 5 is the scariest. Why...because I live right smack on top of the New Madrid Fault and the last time she woke up, she rang church bells in Boston. I live in Western Ky. Think about that for a moment!

I am just curious, as these things are being discussed more and more and not just on ATS. Co-workers, customers, family friends....everyone seems to feel like something major is on the horizon!

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Greenize]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

8 . Pole shift. It is kind of a given. Some folks like to think it is just bunk science and ignore other data that says the Sun shall enter into its pole shift around dec of 2012... I think that our poles are directly linked to the suns poles and that when it shifts it poles so to shall every planet in our system shift poles.... The outer planets may be less affected....

Here is a hint to survive. When the poles do shift all your positive terminals will become negative and all the negative terminals will become positive... So should you start your car in January of 2013 make sure to switch the terminals first.

But only if pole shift has occurred... otherwise you might blow up your battery.

Thats mainly what I see as the worst devastation. Electrical grids everywhere going down and folks blowing up their car batteries because of the terminals switching in accordance with pole shift .

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Most of those disasters you mentioned are an ongoing, historical, periodic threats. Wars, diseases, volcanoes, tsunami's, earthquakes, and as we've seen demonstrated on Jupiter in the last few years, asteroids are a remote, but certainly periodic threat.

Not worried too much about aliens or our sun burning out anytime soon.

Basically, if we can stay away from coastlines, volcanoes, fault lines, mountains, floodplains, lowlands, rivers, population centers, remote areas and stay off the sea, we don't have too much to worry about.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

I have to be honest, I haven't really studied much about a pole shift. Do you really think that it won't be very serious? I do remember reading something once about it producing winds of like 300 mph or something like that....

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Yeah.... if......
That was funny!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Do none of these scare you?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I live in Western Ky.

same here

i think that in the long run, any of those things could be likely, however probably the things we should be most concerned about right now are those issues that we can actually control.

things like the economy and disease prevention. also, finding a cure for war and a treatment for injustice.

the other things we really can't do anything about so i'm inclined not to worry too much, as the universe tends to consider it all "business as usual"

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Barathrum

That is true! and Howdy neighbor!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Ummm No the opposite. I think it will be very VERY serious. I also think it is directly related to our sun and not to anything of the earths doing. The suns poles will flip and ours will too in response to the sun... at least that is what I think.

I also think when that happens it will cause havoc on earth.

I think we have reached this level of technology before. I think it must take quite awhile to reach this level of technology we currently enjoy. And right when we collectively think we as humans are on top of the world WHAP our 12,000 year cycle goes into its pole shift and we have to start over again.

It maybe why we have Atlantis and Lemuria legends.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Why are we only including negative things in this poll?

Why isn't that an option that a global concious awakening will take place on 2012?

That's what we should HOPE happens after all the crap that will come before 2012.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Sorry, I misunderstood! So not really having any known records of a past event, we really have no idea what we would be facing do we? That it itself is scary!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
How about just living the day given to us

carpe diem.......via con dios

have been overloaded to the max lately, need to get back to the basics........nature

enough philosophy we all need to chill a bunch, enjoy the best season of all and prepare for an unsure winter

link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Because these are these things that I wanted to discuss. Of course we all hope for positive things to happen, but we are in for a rough ride between here and there I believe...okay?

link   
if america is still around in a few years,the most scariest thing would be seeing sly stallone as president and paris hilton as the vp
no satire can match real life

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Fair enough, that's a good answer

I wasn't attempting to derail your thread or anything, so I will answer your question.

I think pole shift is most likely since the evidence suggests we are overdue for one.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

There are two theories on Pole Shift. One suggest that the crust which floats on a sea of liquid, would skitter and slip like the peel loosened on an orange.

The other, is a Rollover.

Consider that at this moment, we do one rotation every 24 hours, so at the equator, we're doing a little over 1,000mph at the equator. So are the mountains, the lake, and guess what else - the oceans.

If a Rollover event occurs, I think it would likely occur in hours. But the oceans will wish to continue in the same direction, sloshing and washing over continents.

Many physicists say an actual Rollover is impossible, but the geological evidence is sufficient to allow for the possibility.

This is the species killer.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I didn't mean to imply that were derailing! I welcome any and all comments!! Thank you for taking the time to respond at all and I mean that!!! Pole shift? Really? Dang it! I need to research that!!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yeah the unknow can be scary due to the mystery in it. What's truly scary to me is that things keep going as they have been for a while. When people thought about the 2000's back in the 1950's they imagined a very different world than what we have now. Besides some very much needed reforms such as civil rights and equal rights, not much has changed. One constant is that we're always told to fear something. We're kept in a constant state of fear.

I try not to worry about a lot of the topics discussed here, but you can't get around that if even a few of these topics pan out it'll have a profound effect on your life. The economic meltdown has afffected everyone to some degree, just one more thing to fear. There is wisdom in preparing for a "rainy day" and such, but one thing I'm guilty of is worrying to the degree that I've stopped living and just sort of wait for doomsday to come. I hate the NWO for a myriad of reasons, but the main reason why I hate them and their dark masters is how they've taken so much life from me.

It is true that Humanity faces a awful lot of challenges in the coming years, but humanity has endured doomsday before. That's the one thing about humanity that the NWO can never completely squash is our ability to endure. However enduring and living are two completely different things. Personally, I'm tired of enduring and I want to get back to living, but until the NWO and their dark masters are taken care of, that's easier said than done.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I change my mind now as to which one scares me the most!!!
Thank you for explaining that!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I would like to clarify that I am not intending to spread doom and gloom...I just think it makes for interesting conversation and lets face it, we do live in a world in which all of these things are possible at any given moment... I don't dwell on them.... My favorite thing in the world is to laugh... I actually find some of the posts in threads such as these very educational!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join