It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says H1N1 vaccine will be voluntary but strongly encouraged

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com/s/ap/.../ap.../us_obama_swine_flu

Today, Obama announced that the Swine flu vaccine will be voluntary but strongly encouraged. What does strongly encouraged mean? Is that forced coercion? What do you think?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
and no new taxes on the middle class

MR. flipflop

eyyyywyheyyywheyyyy

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Good Job OP.

This is a classic example of people only hearing what they want. Obama never said that it would be mandatory, yet folks on here have been spewing hate towards him and outright LYING about the vaccination being forced. Thank gawd he finally came out and said this.

Although this won't shut up those who believe they will be forced. I get the impression that most of those that think it will be forced are grade schoolers, who's PARENTS won't give 'em a choice.

S&F

Just my 2-cents

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It may be true that the Federal Government won't be forcing vaccinations on us, but it's still possible (and, imho, likely) that the local school boards will require it in order for our kids to attend school.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidLight
It may be true that the Federal Government won't be forcing vaccinations on us, but it's still possible (and, imho, likely) that the local school boards will require it in order for our kids to attend school.

You should be able to find waiver form, for your state, I was going to post link, but the one I have available is for Michigan.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
sure you dont have to take it... you'll just have to go to camp fema , yippee!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I have a feeling the outbreak will curiously be far larger than expected, then used as an excuse to forcibly pass healthcare 'reform.'

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I just got thru reading another article supporting this threads reporting. I personally hope it's true but IMO I see this as another way of Obama keeping himself out of it by saying you don't have to take the shot but he encourages it while employers and peditricians make it manditory for new bornes or to keep or get a job in curtain fields like daycare, fast food.

I"m sorry folks if I don't trust our Gov, even if Obama says it's not manitory Industry can make it policy so he can be seen as a good guy for his followers.

Good Thread...

[edit on 06/03/2009 by Rams59lb]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Swine Flu Martial Law Bill Clears Massachusetts Senate

April 29, 2009
It took corporate media swine flu hysteria to ram through a martial law bill in Massachusetts. S18 gives the Governor the power to authorize the deployment and use of force to distribute supplies and materials and local authorities will be allowed to enter private residences for investigation and to quarantine individuals.
The Massachusetts Senate has unanimously passed a pandemic flu preparation bill that has languished in the Legislature before the recent swine flu outbreak.
The 36-0 vote today sends the measure to the House. Both branches have taken it up in past years, but have not been able to agree on the details.
The new Senate version would allow the public health commissioner — in a public health emergency — to close or evacuate buildings, enter private property for investigations, and quarantine individuals.

The bill specifically mandates the following:

(1) to require the owner or occupier of premises to permit entry into and investigation of the premises;
(2) to close, direct, and compel the evacuation of, or to decontaminate or cause to be decontaminated any building or facility, and to allow the reopening of the building or facility when the danger has ended;
(3) to decontaminate or cause to be decontaminated, or to destroy any material;
(4) to restrict or prohibit assemblages of persons;
(5) to require a health care facility to provide services or the use of its facility, or to transfer the management and supervision of the health care facility to the department or to a local public health authority;
(6) to control ingress to and egress from any stricken or threatened public area, and the movement of persons and materials within the area;
(7) to adopt and enforce measures to provide for the safe disposal of infectious waste and human remains, provided that religious, cultural, family, and individual beliefs of the deceased person shall be followed to the extent possible when disposing of human remains, whenever that may be done without endangering the public health;
(8) to procure, take immediate possession from any source, store, or distribute any anti-toxins, serums, vaccines, immunizing agents, antibiotics, and other pharmaceutical agents or medical supplies located within the commonwealth as may be necessary to respond to the emergency;
(9) to require in-state health care providers to assist in the performance of vaccination, treatment, examination, or testing of any individual as a condition of licensure, authorization, or the ability to continue to function as a health care provider in the commonwealth
Any person who knowingly violates an order of the commissioner or his or her designee, or of a local public health authority or its designee, given to effectuate the purposes of this subsection shall be punished by imprisonment for not more than 6 months, or by a fine of note more than one thousand dollars, or both.

link

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dallas18

apparently you need to learn how to read....
voluntary does not mean FEMA camps

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
What I hope is that proof of vaccination isn't required by employers or schools, ie slightly less than mandatory by law.

Also thought the comment about how this could be used to push through health care reform was quite insightful.

new topics

top topics

join