It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. Report Advocates Teaching Masturbation to 5-Year-Olds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
U.N. Report Advocates Teaching Masturbation to 5-Year-Olds
Wednesday, August 26, 2009 By Joseph Abrams
NEW YORK - The United Nations is recommending that children as young as five receive mandatory sexual education that would teach even pre-kindergarteners about masturbation and topics like gender violence.
The U.N.'s Economic, Social and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) released a 98-page report in June offering a universal lesson plan for kids ranging in age from 5-18, an"informed approach to effective sex, relationships" and HIV education that they say is essential for "all young people."
The U.N. insists the program is "age appropriate," but critics say it's exposing kids to sex far too early, and offers up abstract ideas - like "transphobia" - they might not even understand.
"At that age they should be learning about ... the proper name of certain parts of their bodies," said Michelle Turner, president of Citizens for a Responsible Curriculum, "certainly not about masturbation."
Turner was disturbed by UNESCO's plans to explain to children as young as nine about the safety of legal abortions, and to advocate and "promote the right to and access to safe abortion" for everyone over the age of 15.
"This is absurd," she told FOXNews.com.
The UNESCO report, called "International Guidelines for Sexuality Education," separates children into four age groups: 5-to-8-year-olds, 9-to-12-year-olds, 12-to-15-year-olds and 15-to-18-year-olds.
Under the U.N.'s voluntary sex-ed regime, kids just 5-8 years old will be told that "touching and rubbing one's genitals is called masturbation" and that private parts "can feel pleasurable when touched by oneself."

for the rest of the article try here[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,543203,00.html?test=latestnews[url]

Now I totally understand that masturbation can be a good thing, but it seems to me that this is not something that a five year old child needs to know. Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't five year olds be learning things like, oh I don't know, how to read? I know when I was five I was totaly ok with playing with building blocks and legos, playing with cars in the sand box, learning to tie my shoes and stuff of that nature. There was no sex ed or any reason for it at that age. I was content with the concept that "mommy kisses daddy" and that was all I really needed to know.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned but, isn't this a subject for the parents to teach their children anyway? I know I would deffinately prefer to be the one to teach my daughter about sex and masturbation...WHEN SHE IS OLD ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND!!! Have these people thought about the fact that if you teach children that young to touch themselves in such a manner, that they are in turn going to try these things on eachother? The children are not going to know the difference really. It won't slow down aids, std's, or teen pregnancies like they are assuming that it will. It's more likely to bring about more pregnancies, and more and more people with some form of std or another.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think who ever is running the show is stepping over a really big line here. Why can'tkids just be kids?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This is disturbing!

We know they are a bunch of wankers, but no need to make our kids like them!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Because masturbating makes you docile. It saps your strength, and it's much easier to rinse one out than chase the opposite sex.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
How is it self exploration if you have to teach it to your child? That is a private matter, IMO. Maybe when the kid is older you can teach them that it's ok and natural. But jeeze, let them figure it out on their own. Are children even ready for something like that at that age? Let them be outside playing.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

lol...Thank you for showing me I should put more thought into my wording.

I didn't mean "teach her" as in pop in a movie with a chick touching herself, or to get down on the floor and show her. I simply meant teaching her that it's ok to do it for yourself, and propably a little safer in some ways. I know it's a totaly natural thing, I've nothing against it or those that do it. I just do not think that a five year old needs to know these things. When she is five (she's only 15 months right now), if I were to walk into her room and see her touching herself then sure, I guess it's time for a little talk. But to come right out and teach all five year olds about masturbation in general just sounds like asking for trouble to me.

If the child is ready to know these things, then any good, observant parent will know this and should act accordingly. It should not be tought to all kids that this is the thing to do. Some of them won't be emotionally ready, or mature enough to understand it at all. That's where it can lead to trouble.

Just imagine the games they will play at recess that day...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The sex ed people encouraged us to 'charm the cobra' when we were twelve. They came into our class and told us all about how natural it is and all that.

I agree with angrymomma, it's a personal matter and probably better if the kids work it out on their own.

I thought twelve was too young, let alone five!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Is there no level of messed up things they are willing to pull to make us look at headlines people would have been shot over 50 years ago? I mean i can see trying to get the masses to "Look over there, its BATMAN!" but give me a break. They are now trying to pass bill that say's you cant pick your nose in public for you might fling it on a child? Not a real bill but i would not be surpised. They are using our children as a shield.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychekitty
reply to post by angrymomma

lol...Thank you for showing me I should put more thought into my wording.

Oh I wasn't calling you out on your wording haha. It's a parent's decision when a child needs to learn about sexual things, you are right. I have a 7 month old son that is going to be curious about what he has way before 5 but it's not going to be a sexual curiousity. Just because my son notices his penis when he turns 3 (hypothetical) doesn't mean I need to teach him the birds and the bees right then and there haha.

I just don't understand the need to bring sexuality to so young an age group. Maybe when my son stops thinking girls have cooties I'll tell him (or my husband will) some things he may need to know.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by psychekitty

I'm all for proper sexual education, but 5 years old is much too young. 13 is a good age to talk about masturbation, but it really doesn't need education at all. I had figured it out by the time I turned 12.

I didn't even learn from anywhere, I just "figured" it out. Which is how I've learned about the human body functions in general.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
A policy likely written by pedophiles.

Come near my 5 year old with your "lessons" and see how that works out for you.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by loam]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
i guess in one way i could see this as a way to help children not feel ashamed of their bodies or their naturally occurring processes. after all, in the not so distant past, generations of people were raised to feel shame for their bodies, as sex was considered "sin-a-liscious". i think that was part of its charm for me as a youth and early teen. it all seemed so...dirty...and that was what drew my thoughts toward it. geez i probably sound like a total pervert but i'm really not. lol

also it makes sense in another way that children are, now more than ever, within easy reach of adult materials and information. i'm quite sure the age that children are able to view and understand sexual acts has dramatically decreased over the past few decades and i think because of this, something has to be done on this level to sort of take some of the dirty out of sex. after all, once something isn't taboo it sort of loses its luster. i think that's human nature.

then maybe we and our schools can progress toward teaching our children more worthwhile things, like advanced mathematics and sciences in addition to arts and culture so that possibly future generations will do something more with its modern technology than look up pron and get caught up in this web of illusion that we call "modern life".

on the other hand(which may be a poor time to use any phrase involving the word "hand" during a discussion about masturbation),i think its something that should be up to the child and their parents to decide when the time is right to learn.

from my own personal experience, i wouldn't have been ready to learn about something like that at such a young age. don't get me wrong, i loved looking at beautiful women, as my mother can attest to. i used to go get her lingere catalogs as a child and just look through them and stare at all the pretty girls. btw, no you cannot look up the skirt of a 2 dimensional image, (as my early "scientific" endeavors failed to yield any form of success) but even at the darkest of my childhood days, it wasn't a sexual feeling as much as it was the idea that i was doing something i wasn't supposed to do. i had to grow and mature and it was a gradual, natural process into adulthood and all the crap and drama that goes with it.

i've admitted too much and actually said very little so i suppose now i shall seep back into the shadows.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barathrum
i

from my own personal experience, i wouldn't have been ready to learn about something like that at such a young age. don't get me wrong, i loved looking at beautiful women, as my mother can attest to.

My son is 7 months old and he LOVES the ladies. He's such a flirt. When a lady comes on the television he makes his way to the screen. He smiles at all the ladies he sees and plays "hard to get" (being all smiley and then bashful when they smile back) with them. This doesn't mean he's looking to get into the pants of the ladies at 7 months haha, he's too young for that. Just thought it was funny.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I'm all for proper education as well, and the more education the better IMO.

I agree with you completely, Angrymomma, just because it's a curiosity does not mean that it is sexual. That just allows for the possibility of the "that's your penis/vagina" and allows for the avenue of questions that the child may have. If there are any at all. Curiosity and self exploration doesn't have to come with a sex talk, you're totally right.

But correct me if I'm wrong, isn't masturbation still a sexual act? I mean just because it's a solo act doesn't make it any less sexual does it? The one masturbating is still looking for the "explosion at the end of the play". Why would ANY five year old need to know this part of it.

12-13 is about a good age to start bringing in the "birds and the bees" talks, and sharing with your kids that it's ok and natural to touch yourself. Seems that's about the time we realise the other sex doesn't have cooties and all. But 5 year olds...this could be as much as tramatising to some kids. They'll let us know in one way or another if they are ready to learn about these things. Why force it on them, especially at such a tender age?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by psychekitty

But does a child really know that the "feeling" they are getting is sexual? I mean, sooner or later they will connect the dots. "Why do I always feel 'funny' when I look at Suzy?" I believe it becomes sexual when those dots are connected. From what I've heard from the guys I know, for most of them it was a form of release. Some of the time they couldn't even control it. Of course they find out sooner or later, if not from their parents, sex ed, or movies/tv, but from friends. But yes, 5 is a tender age, too tender of an age to talk about getting..uh..."tender" with one's self haha.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
i have truly always failed to understand why we as humans get some weird misconception that we are supposed to "teach" our children things that just happen naturally. in fact, a lot of us here were born because our parents made some back-alley dealings with a certain stork. they didn't have to be "taught" how. the storks phone number is encoded into the very fiber of our being. when the time is right, we all give our avian friend a call

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Barathrum

While I totally understand what you are saying, it is totaly normal and natural and we eventualy end up figuring it out anyway, I just think that if anyone needs to talk to my child about such a tender topic, it should be me or her father. Not someone at her school while she's sitting there in kindergarden. I don't care how scientific they are about it, at that age it's just not ok to me.

I don't know if you have kids of your own, but if you did: Who would you rather give your child any form of information on that topic when the questions do come? Yourself, the parent that knows the child, or someone they just met that day? I know that's close to how it starts to happen anyway when we become old enough to discover the bars and "night life"...lol...but that's also at a much older age.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by psychekitty]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Star, and flag to the OP for bringing something important to the board.

I can only hope that People, parents, and others in societies across the globe can see the Luciferian Agenda starting to emerge. It's hidden itself as long as it ever could; now the real game will start being seen.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Why does the government want to indoctrinate our kids with sex so much?

My god I am appalled.

First Germany wants to promote pedophilia and now this? My god, I mean ok if the report said 15 to 17 year olds, fine that's great.

But 5 to 8? What is wrong with these people.

When will we stop robbing our children of their childhood?

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I have a very simple answer as to what is wrong with these people: A LOT!

I do know one thing for sure, after I found that article and shared it with my soulmate, it only re-inforced the idea we have been discussing of home schooling our child.

So long as I am here to help her be a child by just allowing her to be when she needs it, she will get to have the chance to be a child. And when she has any question at all I will give her the best answer I can based off of the knowledge that I have and that which I can find.

It's things like teaching 5 year olds to masturbate that leads to the rapes of 8 year olds later on down the road.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by psychekitty]

new topics

top topics

join