It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Men Who Stare At Goats Trailer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Some interesting little bit of a movie loosely about the Army's Stargate program. George Clooney. Jeff Bridges. Looks like it could be funny. If you're looking for a more serious take on the subject, then I guess this isn't the one for you.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
yea i dont understand this. it feels as if the only way the government can tell the truth is by a comedy.

is this really real? any documnts?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
would be hilarious if it was real.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I love these new off the wall pieces they have been coming out with lately. I absolutely LOVED Burn After Reading.

And of course, I will watch any movie starring Ewan McGregor's teeth...McGregor aint too bad to look at either

[edit] to add an extra O to "to"

[edit on 1-9-2009 by angrymomma]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by platipus

would be hilarious if it was real.

Yep it's true! I was going to make a thread on this but haven't reached my 20 post mark yet

I watched a documentary about it a while back called "Crazy Rulers Of The World" I can see why they called it that, it was one of the psychological techniques the US military, they thought they could kill a goat just by staring at it.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Having seen the documentary "The men who stares at goats" - I'm definently going to see this one.

I like how main stream media is beginning to look into conspiracy theories for plot lines - even if they poke fun at it.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrymomma
I love these new off the wall pieces they have been coming out with lately. I absolutely LOVED Burn After Reading.

I'm taking a guess that since there hasn't been much of anything good lately that they're mining the gold from sites like this.

That or they're just breaking the truth to the masses in an easy to digest way. At least the conceptual framework will be formed in advance so as to minimize cognitive dissonance later. Perhaps it's a good sign.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Nearly everyone on these forums are paranoid, predicting doom and gloom ever 10 seconds which... never happens... and saying the government are some evil society, you people need top stop believing EVERYTHING your told, seriously... otherwise one day you will not be able to walk down the road without thinking the person standing next to you is some alien clone that wants to eat your brains.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

You are way too paranoid that so many are too paranoid! I was just thinking we should get a cut of the profits for use of our ideas.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Maybe I should have worded my post better. I don't mean the concept or story is off the wall. Subtle humor may have been the terms I was looking for. Like, I can't wait to see the new Matt Damon movie where he's some kind of informant (I forget the name).

I'll have to look up the actual "men who stare at goats."

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I spent 8 years in the infantry. Four of it before the Berlin wall fell and the gulf war happened. It was different back then. We were coming off of the seventies and many of the officers and ncos had been in Vietnam. Most of us younger troops had started our teens in the late seventies.

The USSR and WW3 was still the big scary monster in the closet and stuff like this wasn't really all that crazy. I never worked with an experimental group of psychic killers but we had our fair share of Psycho killers who had their heads in more than one reality.

It was a crazy time and weird things happened but it was probably last of the good years before we all realized that the real enemy was big business and greedy politicians and that even though we wanted to think only the best of our nation we just couldn't always do that any more.

I'm looking forward to this movie. Not because it is supposed to be real but because it seems to tell about some of the craziness and mystery before computers and smart bombs replaced more interesting ways of thinking.

I know that most people who see this will scoff and laugh but some of that stuff was really going on. Even the Pentagon still believed that there were undiscovered mysteries worth unraveling, even if it was for the wrong reasons.

Now days the world seems to be filled with sterile minded ghouls who think in binary and deny any sense of wonder or potential beyond dollars signs.

It is a more scientific and practical world now but nowhere near as much fun.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Clooney, McGregor, Bridges and Kevin Spacey = outstanding cast.

The movie sounds very interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing it.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I`ve read the book of the same name a few years back, and it is hilarious .
I wonder what Joseph Mc Moneagle makes of it |?
I had read his book "Remote Viewing Secrets: A Handbook" just before Ronsons "The Men Who Stare At Goats " ........

I look forward to the film .

The trailer departs substantially from the original book .

[edit on 1-9-2009 by UmbraSumus]

new topics

top topics

join