It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Better get your wallets out if you want to drive in Dallas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I just got a citation in the mail for running a red light. Course I didn't run the red light. I made a LEGAL right turn on red, but since I did not come to a COMPLETE stop BEHIND the... cross walk before turning, I get a citation. Bastards. What a great birthday gift.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

That is the dirty little secret they never tell. A person must come to a complete stop before the crosswalk. If you go past the crosswalk, it is considered running a red light, along with slowing down and not stopping at all. Since they are moving violations, the fines and fees are a lot higher. (I learned about those the hard way, and it is not just Dallas.)

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by rogerstigers

That is the dirty little secret they never tell. A person must come to a complete stop before the crosswalk. If you go past the crosswalk, it is considered running a red light, along with slowing down and not stopping at all. Since they are moving violations, the fines and fees are a lot higher. (I learned about those the hard way, and it is not just Dallas.)

Yeah, First I get a $300 fine because a basketball sized patch of grass was above 12" (it was in the back alley during spring. I had mowed it three days before the code enforcement came by) now this. At least this was a red light camera, so it is only a civil citation and relatively cheep. Still the cities in this metroplex tax me enough already without arbitrarily enforcing ordinances. *sigh*

Anyway, that's why this is in rant. I am venting.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
i didnt knew rules in us are so tought....meeeen!
when i come in canada/america i will not be able to eat from all the fines
im going to have to pay ):
and im a nice driver,i dont go on red,but most of the times i never wait for people to walk on the road..theyr just pedestrians!XD

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Not to mention all of the stinking toll roads there. It is expensive and frustrating to drive there, for sure.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Not to mention all of the stinking toll roads there. It is expensive and frustrating to drive there, for sure.

Aye. They just announced yesterday that the tolls will go up 3% every two years now.

top topics

join