It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today I was approached to join the masons.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I am still not 100% clear, sorry. So, I could not join if I was 25?

Would a person just walk into a lodge and say they wanna join?

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Thumb]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Thumb

Some state's have it at 18 and some at 21.

Yeah, you could just walk in and say you wanted to join.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thumb
I am still not 100% clear, sorry. So, I could not join if I was 25?

Would a person just walk into a lodge and say they wanna join?
If 25 is a number greater than the least number necessary as a quantification of age in units of years by which a man could be considered for accepting a part of the rights, lights & benefits of a lodge in that jurisdiction, then yes. Someone 25 could join. I've actually been present at a few cases where fathers and sons joined together and had all their initiations on the same nights.

And yes, walking into the lodge is the first step.

[edit on 9/3/2009 by JoshNorton]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Thats strange. Considering masons do not recruit members. You have to come to us. There is however, atleast where I live, a thing going on trying to encourage young cats to join the freemasons, because we don't want to die off because a lot of masons are old. But we still don't recruit or anything like that.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Masons aren't allowed to ask and i don't see why your co-worker would invite down to the lodge, to do what sit outside?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkpraetorian
Masons aren't allowed to ask and i don't see why your co-worker would invite down to the lodge, to do what sit outside?

I have on a few occasions, when a person has found out that I was a Mason and asked if they could 'check it out', told them to come to the lodge after the meeting to have a beer* or two with some of the members. It gives them a chance to meet the guys and get an idea of what we each have enjoyed about Masonry.

*Beer may not be available in all jurisdictions. Please check your local lodge before inquiring for any alcoholic beverage. The Surgeon General has warned that drinking can impair you ability to operate a motor vehicle. Masons should limit their consumption of alcohol as it may cause spontaneous Scottish Rite membership application.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

"may cause scottish rite membership application"

This is THE BEST. Like TBS, "very funny."

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Apparently I do not have a proper understanding of what a freemason is. I thought that freemasons where some of the "ones" behind the NWO?

Apparently they do not recruit women...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

would you like for me to send you some more salt. I have a fresh open wound for you to pour it into.

damn Jersey masons.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by PolarityHorizon
Apparently I do not have a proper understanding of what a freemason is. I thought that freemasons where some of the "ones" behind the NWO?

Apparently they do not recruit women...

As far as I know, we aren't in control of anything except our own destiny. There are people who drive the public opinion bus, but they are not masons to my knowledge. And masonry being a fraternity, no, no girls alowed. Girls drool, boys rule.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkpraetorian

Our lodge is having an open house next month. It's sole purpose is membership. We are not going out on the street dragging unsuspecting folks into the lodge, we were asked to mention it to people who we think would make good masons. We had one last year and had two people petition our lodge because of it. So it was a great success. ( I was thinking Borat when I typed that) Still not directly recruiting, but opening our doors to the public for sure. Anyone who thinks we have blood near the altar are welcome to stop by. I'll cook you a burger.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
...would you like for me to send you some more salt.

Sure, then we can fire up the Margaritaville mixer and use the salt you so graciously provided to rime the glasses. Mmmm...tequila.

P.S. Please send some olives for the Martinis.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

please understand that I mean this in the nicest possible way,.....you suck.

I can't even get the group at the golf course to commit to a kegerator. I guess I am lucky I like sweet tea.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
If this is true it's a departure from all I've read/been told. 2b1ask1. Recruitment is not a tool that has been used in the past. Have things changed?

No.

Not only do freemasons not approach people to invite them to join (to suggest a trusted friend that he might be considered favourably if he ever thought of joining, is another thing), but they usually do not even talk about themselves being freemasons.

OP, you should be wary of this person's intentions.
Anyone can call themselves a "freemason" - except a TRUE freemason.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I was invited to join. The person who did was very knowledgeable and did not know me at all. And I declined at the last moment, I felt that something was not right and had other priorities.
Apparentely the lodge needed my specialized knowledge.

What was weird is that months before I was talking with a closed friend about it - he was eager to join - and the same week that I received the invite, my friend dreamed about a lodge. That same week that closed friend was also invited for another lodge.

I don't think they'll invite anyone before being quite right about it.

So they'll test you. And they probably will check your crime records too. They have members in every major firm and occupants of posts on government business/services.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by infobrazil]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hello my good brothers!!! The recruitment thing is kinda sticky.. I know of some Lodges that allow some forms of recruitment and some, like mine, that are staunchly set against it. I was approached years ago by a Mason asking if I'd like to join, later in life I found that he was a member of an irregular lodge.. Glad I didn't take him up on it. As far as joining though, I'll say I've loved every minute of it so far!!!

Bro. Sims
Unity Lodge #28 PHA
Detroit, Michigan..

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by infobrazil
Apparentely the lodge needed my specialized knowledge.

Uh huh...

And what would that be?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I'm just sort of curious as to what lodge openly "recruits" anyone... Das ist verboten.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
IM intrigued about the masons. only because of the secrets they hold. (not saying the secrets are sinister) But they must be big secrets to keep them a secret this long!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Some secrets can't be told even if you wanted to.....many have tried....some things have to be experienced. Masonry really has darn few secrets left, our rituals have been public since the 1800's fiasco. Little is left to the imagination........

The secret is.....getting it. Sorta like seeing something everyday your whole life.....and suddenly recognizing it's meaning.

I can honestly say there's no secret in Masonry you can not find in the Bible really......but getting it......that's the thing.

Your time is limited....we're all just visiting here after all.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join