It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Tries To Shoot Down Plane For Being Too Noisy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Every now and then you come across a story that can be filed under "you can't make this stuff up". Such is the story of 69 year old Judy Davis from Fulton, MO.

Apparently, ultralight planes had been doing practice runs all afternoon, and some of them had been flying pretty close to her house. Normally, when someone encounters aviation noise annoyance, they contact the airport, their local authorities, or the FAA.

Wow, I'm supprised more news outlets aren't picking this one up as an anti-gun rights story!

Maybe they are embarrassed that this lady was able to walk out on the runway and shoot at a landing plane lol.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Here is the link:

www.gadling.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

The most surprising part of the story, is that the local police let her go on a $4,500 bond, once again proving that airport security is one big puppet show. While you and I were being searched for bottles of water, a 69 year old lady could walk right onto the runway of a municipal airport and shoot at landing aircraft.

That is great!! $4,500 bond? I guess shooting at defenseless Ultralight Pilots doesn't make her any kind of threat to the community? This is even worse than shooting at airplanes! These guys are low and slow and have no protective vehicle around them!!

She should have been shot by the security? Not "intercepted." Where is police brutality when you really need it? Walk out and point a gun at someone and you just get tackled, but if you refuse to sign a ticket you get Tazered!!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Maybe you should live in her house for a while and see if the noise doesn't drive you nuts? Who knows, maybe after a few weeks you'll be trying to shoot them down too.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by quackers

I guarantee the airport was there before her. They always build airports away from everything, and then builders get cheap land around them (cheap because of noise) and then people buy the cheap houses, and then complain about the noise!

Anyhow, I love to watch the planes come and go. Everynight at 11:38 we have a FedEx jet that takes off and I know it is time to go to bed! Most commercial airliners take off at a lower throttle, so they have reserve power if needed and to limit the noise, but the FedEx jet takes off like a Bat Out of Hell, an is twice as loud as any others! Still, I kind of like it.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
LOL This reminds me of my ex-husband who got so frustrated with a bird singing outside our window at dawn, that he took a shot gun outside and shot at it. We lived in a crowded neighborhood, mind you, not the country.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
given that she got out on bond and that they didn't mention the caliber of the gun odds are that it was a .22 cal or pellet gun? Just my 2 cents worth.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Ah don't you just love it when Senior Citizens take advtange of the 2nd amendment?

Fantastic. I am also surprised they aren't making this into an Anti-Gun story, however I don't think the US can stand much more right restriction with this one.

The fastest way to make the US revolt would be to take away their guns, I think they would be wise to not make that happen.

Mind you it would be a good thing for the people.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Dumb woman, a plane crash make even more noise!
Plane crash = Firefighter's sirens, police's sirens, ambulance's sirens, the media, the crash itself and the gun noise.

top topics

join