It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study says H1N1 unlikely to mutate into "superbug"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This from Reuters today:

- The new H1N1 virus appears to outcompete seasonal flu, making it less likely to mix with other circulating flu viruses into a "superbug" as some had feared, U.S. researchers said on Tuesday.

The H1N1, or swine flu, virus also spreads more quickly and causes more severe disease in animal studies, the team said, but it shows no signs of mixing with either of the two seasonal flu viruses to form a new, so-called reassortant virus.

"The results suggest that 2009 H1N1 influenza may outcompete seasonal flu virus strains and may be more communicable as well," said Dr. Anthony Fauci, of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, part of the National Institutes of Health.

I'm sure I found the EXACT opposite being reported yesterday, am trying to find it now.

That's the whole problem with this, every day there's advice and guidance, sometimes completely contradicting earlier advice.

I really don't know what to think, and part of me believes that is the whole point of this media blitz, confuse us until we don't know which way is up!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think the virus will mutate some time in the early part of 2010

don't take the vaccines!!! Vitamin D is good for fighting off

virus. I would rather take my chances with the flu, then the

poisonous vaccines of tptb......imo...im a nurse.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I don't know how they can report on these sorts of thing. It's not mixing with other viruses that's the problem.

The problem is that everybody produces unique antibodies and it only takes one person for the virus to mutate within them, and for them to pass it along.

I think this is an attempt to quell the fear mongering being done.

~Keeper

new topics

join