It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medical Benefits of LemonGrass

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

I just use my regular sauce pan .......we call it boiler, directly in the olive oil...so the oil is infused with the scents and oils from the herbs. Rosemary make sure you use the stems too.

If you decide you want some ginger just U2U me your addy....

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Henygirl

Thank you Henygirl, I wasn't sure what you meant by boiler. Language can be so confusing.

I appreciate your offer to send me some ginger, that is unheard of these days. You are special my dear. No offense intended, but I would feel funny sending a stranger my addy. I hope you understand.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Absolutely understand........no worries.

Let me know how your experiments work out....especially if you improve on it. I play around with it different scents till I get perfect ones.

The stuff you buy is so strong or has certain scents that give me a headache.

Around Christmas time, cinnamon and citrus are great.........and the lemon grass would enhance that too.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Henygirl

Awesome!

I usually simmer apples and cinnamon on the stove during the winter because it freshens up the house which gets stuffy being closed up all the time. Next time, I'll put in some lemongrass with the mixture just to see if there is a difference. Great suggestion by the way!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
When I was a kid my grandpa made "indian tea" all the time, it's wonderful and I love it as much as the finest FGFOP grade teas. I didn't even know it was lemon grass until a few years ago
We have a few growing out front right now. I tried growing some from seeds but it took forever and only a few sprouted, so I later ordered stalks from ebay and have grown them from there. I have also ordered pre-chopped and bagged lemongrass from culinaryteas.com

I used to drink it all the time and I definitely felt better while drinking it. I think I will make a cup right now, although I am curious if it will have any affect upon blood pressure medication...a quick google search revealed nothing...

Anyhoo, S&F

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I order lemon grass chicken sometimes when I eat Chinese, I had no idea lemon grass itself offered other benefits on its own.
I'm not surprised though, another natural plant that has medicinal value, better enjoy it before the CDC decides to create the synthetic version.
I've been looking for plants to grow, I'm sure to add this one to the list now.
Thanks for the heads up.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join