It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thirteen Goals of a Witch

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I have to ask this to the practicing wiccans here. How can one do anything if they can harm no one doing it?

Say you cast your spell to get you a job. How do you know your spell did not take that job you get away from someone that was better qualified for it but forgot to go to their higher power or didn't believe in a higher power?

Doesn't our every action effect someone else some where else that we probably don't even know?

Also is the law of return real or do we create it ourselves with our own thoughts?

Are these new witches rules some what like old testament laws to keep one from going down the darker path in life?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I've read that the original witches didn't have these rules.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by banned4life

true observation, and myspace is owned by who?
that's how satan is rolling these days..he's gone and will continue to go full blown mainstream. glad you see it too, its not "new" news though , that's another post though.

He needs all those myspacers, every last one of them! Horrible!
He's got a an army to build. He is alive and well, THRIVING here on ats, i should add.

What religion, the only religion that wants the end times so they can be raptured and be with Jesus?

Who else according to the bible hates man and also wants to bring the end?

Who made that religion...who really turned the screw? Maybe you need to think things out in your own backyard before you throw crap in mine.

Seriously if there is a Satan he is alive and well trying to get the Christians to pull the trigger and end mans sojourn. Think about it.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

i see that you have invoked the wrath of the churches from the number of negative comments from them, and their insane fanatical outbursts of not knowing any thing of the truth only the lies of our churches ,blasphemy.
considering the FACT- that the witches as the great churches used to call them were the original healers and herbalists of the ancient world and they stood in the way of the churches medicine of slash, cut ,burn and torture all whom were not of their faiths through out all of our history- all in the name of a god that said not to do these things-op`s i forgot they are doing god`s will in god`s name as they seem to know his thought`s [ha ha ha .]
it seems that they themselves have forgotten the DEADLY TEN and all of the other rules that we were all given to live accordingly.and yet your idea of the way to life so conforms to their DEADLY ten that they are blinded by the simple truths of your own wisdom as the word WITCH itself is the same as you being BRANDED by them .
what is that old saying the blind leading the blind it is no wonder that they are called the sheep of the world -like little children still playing the game of follow the leader no matter how wrong they are .

how many more have to suffer the persecution of the false profits aka the churches .you see if god was here he`d tell them to their face that they are all sinners in his eyes as they still spout of that killing is right and they all fund it .[WAR]
to the lady who started this post please have a nice day as it seems that you understood the DEADLY TEN [be excellent to all things and all people and the rest are still lost on the forests of mindlessness.searching for the simply truth that you first put out for all of them to partake of.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by napayshni57

Also is the law of return real or do we create it ourselves with our own thoughts?

Nothing is real but conscience thought. We reaffirm our "reality through the collective. So when we think we create. We create our actions everyday and what we send out is reflected back.

As above so below.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by napayshni57
Say you cast your spell to get you a job. How do you know your spell did not take that job you get away from someone that was better qualified for it but forgot to go to their higher power or didn't believe in a higher power?

Any true follower of The Craft ends a spell with something along the lines of "and it harm none, so mote it be!" So if it would cause this other person harm, you would not get that particular job. But it might also cause you to get the job, and the more qualified person to get a better job than the one you got and more suited to them.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
Any true follower of The Craft ends a spell with something along the lines of "and it harm none, so mote it be!" So if it would cause this other person harm, you would not get that particular job. But it might also cause you to get the job, and the more qualified person to get a better job than the one you got and more suited to them.

Nicely put! I could not have said that better or maybe even as good or else I would have.

It is the concept I was thinking but was trying so hard to articulate it I didn't!

You seem like a new found friend indeed.

Never let the universe find the easiest path because then it can be destructive. The energy flow likes water finding the easiest path and if you dont tell it to flow in a certain way it way then it can harm others including yourself.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Originally posted by LoneGunMan

What religion, the only religion that wants the end times so they can be raptured and be with Jesus?

christianity right?

Who else according to the bible hates man and also wants to bring the end?

i dunno, who?

Who made that religion...who really turned the screw? Maybe you need to think things out in your own backyard before you throw crap in mine.

That's a great question, i don't deny that at all and srry i did not intend to sling crap at you or anybody here.

Seriously if there is a Satan he is alive and well trying to get the Christians to pull the trigger and end mans sojourn. Think about it.

Are you saying that if there is a satan he most likley is getting dumb ass christians to do his dirty work? is that what your saying? if it is, i wouldn't argue that point with you, no. Do i have to think?
Think for myself, really? How do I do it? Why? because the bible says....... just kidding.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by banned4life]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by banned4life

Are you saying that if there is a satan he most likley is getting dumb ass christians to do his dirty work? is that what your saying? if it is, i wouldn't argue that point with you, no. Do i have to think?
Think for myself, really? How do I do it? Why? because the bible says....... just kidding.

Good show. I really LMAO at the one.

We all really do believe in the same thing when it comes down to it. Its all about God....every facet of God...male female, good and bad its all a ride and our selves/souls/parts of God are here to learn and ride baby.

>Edit< I have to add this. That is why I love roller coasters Fast Motorcycles and running code in the F.D. Its like life...a hell of a catharsis ride that makes you laugh cry and be down right scared out of your mind sometimes.

God loves it that way...best way to learn is as Joesph did in the bible. That is what its all about. We ride it as many times as we need to also not just once.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
You dont do any work for fellow ATS's do ya?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

i like you spock, you got a sense of humor.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
How is this a conspiracy theory, again?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Um did you notice the "Psychology, Philosophy and Metaphysics" forum name?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Um, this is the "Psychology, Philosophy and Metaphysics" forum. Not everything here is a conspiracy theory. This forum is a prime example.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Very well put.

Also to you - OP.

I am myself studying witchcraft and following the path of wizardry. I do not agree with the statement "All witches are wiccans." All witches are not wiccans. I have met some interesting followers of the craft in my time and some of them are solitary practicioners - as I am myself.

www.greyschool.com

That is a very good site. For a small fee, members of the Grey Council and other witches/wizards are offering courses in the arcane arts and what it means to be a witch/wizard.

It is sickening to me to see what mainstream religion has done to pervert the image of the witch - especially in modern times. All religions are a path to a 'divine' for their followers. It doesn't mean they are necessarily right about being 'the one way' - it just means it is right for certain people.

In all of the reading and studying I have done, I have yet to come across anything that would indicate that we should use our abilities for evil. As a matter of fact, I actively work to supress and rid myself and those I love of evil. Does the fact I use spells and cermonies make me evil?

Magick - just as any other thought system is merely a tool. Such as a hammer. You can use a hammer to nail the boards on a church or you can use it to bash your wife's head in. What you do with it is what you put into it. But as was already stated - the wiccan rede, as any other code used primarily in magick is "an it harm none, do as ye will."

We live in interesting times, indeed. Much of what is currently available for perusal through the internet, occult stores, and other media/areas was not so readily available as little as 100 years ago for one simple fact: fear. Fear that was driven into the masses through the lies and deceptions of Christianity. But keep in mind: We as witches/wizards do not hate christians or christianity at ALL. The only quarrel we have with christianity as with other mainstream religions is the forceful belief that their religion is the ONLY way and such is enforced with a complete lack of tolerance for others and their beliefs.

I am proud to say I am a wizard. Laugh if you will, but I have seen things that none would believe. I feel this is the right path for me and I live my life to be a good and better person. Is that not what everyone should strive for? The betterment of themselves and the tolerance of all?

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by banned4life

Right there is where you took a sharp turn away from Wicca and Witchcraft in general.

Satan was a Christian invention to have a counterpart to an all-good deity (God).

NONE of the witches I knew or know now even mention Satan or do anything remotely related to "Satan worship."

That's a stereotype laid out by the mainstream.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Can I ask some questions?

When were you introduced to the craft?

Do you think it is possible to learn from a book?

I believe one is born into it.

Well obviously you did, so you can.

2. Formally? I think I was born with some memories - I can remember being 5 and gathering moss and plants for my spells. We did not even HAVE tv (I'm not a young chicken) so I am not sure where this came from. At 12 or so I started reading about it, and at 18 I went to my first coven meeting seeking instruction for initiation.
3. I think there's a lot to be learned from a lot of books, but to be honest, witchcraft is not a revealed religion. It is a mystery religion. It's sorta like math, you might read about it and think you get it, but until you get the big AHA! you haven't really learned it.
4. I do believe that one can develop into it as well as be born into it. I like to think I've done a bit of both.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Oh screw Satan.

(Now tell me, is that attitude where all the legends come from?)

:::CACKLE:::

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I was never 'born into the craft' - what I was born into was having psychic abilities and not understanding what in the heck was going on with and around me. Just turned out that the only medium through which I could develop my abilities and focus these energies was "Witchcraft."

I mildly disagree that you have to be 'born into it' - but what I will say is that my grandfather on my mother's side was able to heal warts by passing his hand over the wart and muttering something under his breath. Few minutes later - the wart was gone.

Maybe I was born into it.

lol

Dunno.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

LOL

I never said 'screw Satan.'

If Christianity needs a devil to explain what good is - then let them have him. What I was getting at was the fact that all magick users are not satan worshippers.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

I think that she meant that she was born into a family of Witches. I do see your point, however, since it was my ability of clairsentience that caused me to doubt my Catholic upbringing and seek elsewhere. What I learned in Church concerning the afterlife was in complete conflict with the messages I was receiving from the other side.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by JaxonRoberts]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join