It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popular 'Audit the Fed' bill threatened by politics as usual

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Rasmussen Reports took a poll in July showing that a full 75% of Americans favor Rep. Ron Paul's 'Audit the Fed' bill HR 1207, which would require the Government Accountability Office (GAO) to audit the Federal Reserve. This is currently prohibited by law, enabling the Federal Reserve to do as they please without any accountability.
Ok heres the link- sorry.
www.examiner.com...

[edit on 29 PMu1 09 by jameslewin]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
More than half the House is in favor of this legislation, and according to the article over half the population, so my question is- Whats the problem?
The Fed is blocking every single attempt made to look at their books. They very obviously have a huge secret and it must be devastatingly damaging to them. Bernanke is typically vocal and lays down the nonsense in his usual manner.
This was a totally random find while Googling some facts on the current bill. It appears to be christian site of some sort.
www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9/1/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
August 31/Yesterday

Seriously, it's time to audit the fed

Look at this:
www.ft.com...

Propoganda is in full effect

Just goes to show you who's the good guys and who's the bad guys
I used to be an avid reader of Financial Times... once upon a time

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

So they made 19 billion, just by making the loans,on money they loaned, by using interest. It amazes me that more people dont see a huge problem with this. They create the money and its value in the first place, then loan it out at interest. Its the biggest Ponzi Scheme ever!!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
They create the money, lend out the money and collect interest on those loans to make a big profit. Just a little circular!

I'd love it if this act is passed, how interesting/corrupt would their balance sheet be?

Shameless plug for my own thread, it shows how the banks create money just like the Fed.
Money as Debt II

new topics

top topics

join